Tutorial How to install/run ANY Switch firmware UNOFFICIALLY (WITHOUT burning any fuses)

ahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't run anything below 6.0.0 on retail Mariko Switches, also anti-downgrade fuses are still a thing on Mariko (so in practice the lowest firmware a Mariko can possibly be on is 7.0.1, as it shipped on some Mariko devices).
Also if you wanted to downgrade for Deja Vu, that doesn't work on Mariko, Deja Vu needs a bootrom exploit that was patched on Mariko.
So I can downgrade to 8.01?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can downgrade to 8.01?
If you're already running CFW which bypasses antidowngrade checks, sure (in which case, why are you trying to downgrade lol).
Otherwise, no.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Theres literally no point in doing this? It wont give you an exploit lol
8.0.1 has unreleased memes :P

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this still work on all Switches?
Generally speaking, you won't want to use the method in this thread unless you're trying to recover from a brick (without an eMMC backup), but there are other more up-to-date and easier-to-use methods to do this. Everybody and their mother should also have an eMMC backup.

If you want to upgrade or downgrade your Switch's system version, and the system is still functional, you should use Daybreak.

What is your goal?

xike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally speaking, you won't want to use the method in this thread unless you're trying to recover from a brick (without an eMMC backup), but there are other more up-to-date and easier-to-use methods to do this. Everybody and their mother should also have an eMMC backup.

If you want to upgrade or downgrade your Switch's system version, and the system is still functional, you should use Daybreak.

What is your goal?
I have a bricked modchip lite switch. When i in asmotphere i upgrade to v13 with daybreak. I accidentally choose fat32 only when upgrade in daybreak. And then my switch cannot boot to cfw and even ofw anymore, I only can boot to Hekate and choose firmware from that and black screen all the time. I have reinstall the atmosphere roms and no lucky and I dont have any backup. Should i follow this method? Thank you

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a bricked modchip lite switch. When i in asmotphere i upgrade to v13 with daybreak. I accidentally choose fat32 only when upgrade in daybreak. And then my switch cannot boot to cfw and even ofw anymore, I only can boot to Hekate and choose firmware from that and black screen all the time. I have reinstall the atmosphere roms and no lucky and I dont have any backup. Should i follow this method? Thank you
Reformat your microsd card as fat32

Reactions: ChaoticCinnabon

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update Hekate and Atmosphere to the latest versions?

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: https://youtube.com/shorts/xbuzqFyctQQ?feature=share