1. YannikRie

YannikRie Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    But I want to downgrade from 9.0.1 to 4.0.1. Do I need to do a step in beetween anyways?

2. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I believe you can do that. What I posted basically means if you wanted any of those firmwares you would have to downgrade to an earlier one and then upgrade to one of those from 6.2.0-8.1.0.

3. YannikRie

YannikRie Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Ok. Thank you. I first have to buy a new motherboard because my firmware is completely screwed up somehow

4. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I don't believe buying a new motherboard is a good idea. Just send it in to Nintendo, it would be just as expensive and at least they could make sure everything works. Plus the majority of those are on Ebay, and I don't really trust Ebay with tech like that.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. YannikRie

YannikRie Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I found out that I only have to replace a chip which costs about 25$ and I found it in a few replacement stores I trust. So that should be just fine

6. johnma2

johnma2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Oh, well that works too. Was it that eMMC chip?

7. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    It's highly unlikely you need to replace any parts solely due to corrupt firmware. That's like buying a new hard drive after getting a computer virus

8. YannikRie

YannikRie Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Yes I think so.

I understand it like using a new SD card after corrupting an old one. I buy a new and unused NAND

9. shchmue

shchmue Developer
    Developer

United States
    Unless you have a full backup of everything, a new NAND is totally useless. And if you corrupt an SD, you just reformat it <_<

10. YannikRie

YannikRie Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Imade a full NAND backup before messing around with it

11. Snotmann

Snotmann Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey guys,

i got the BSoD as I restored the wrong backup to my switch. I got the correct boot0 and boot1 bot no rawnand.bin ... could someone here help my to keep my switch working again ? RCM loader is here ...

I can even provide some money via paypal if it works.

Snot

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you have a NAND backup, restore that. If you don't have a NAND backup, you're going to have to follow this guide:
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

13. Snotmann

Snotmann Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    ... as i wrote i got no complete backup ... and i know the guide but dont know witch point are realy needed to restore my switch

14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You need to follow the entire guide if you have a bad sysNAND but no backup.

Why did you restore a backup in the first place? What exactly did you do?

15. bonrdaddy

bonrdaddy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hopefully someone here can troubleshoot with me.

I have an unpatched switch running 9.1.0 with 12 fuses burnt. I used sx os and created a nandbackup and went to dump one of my games in order to install it to play with no card. After installing the game again, the sx OS popped an error up and told me to press power to reboot into cfw again. At this point the switch has been freezing on the switch logo. I tried to restore my nand, but it was corrupted somehow. I've followed the guide trying to downgrade the FW and basically create a new band. I've tried a few FW versions and the only one that kind of worked was 4.1. Followed the guide to the letter, failed the first boot, followed the guide to launching again, and I'm still stuck on the switch logo. All the hecate stuff works fine. Cant get past the switch logo. Cant even boot into maintenance mode. Not really sure where to go from here. I honestly feel like I got unlucky with a defective unit that just pooped itself after a slight hiccup.

16. ruthloose88

ruthloose88 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a question that is more a hypothetical.

My clean emuNAND backup was done with firmware 9.0.1. I have since upgraded my emuMMC (Choi Dujoux) and sysNAND to 9.1.0 (Nintendo servers). I have 12 fuses burned as of tonight in Hekate.

If I ever wanted to restore my NAND backup would I have to run AutoRCM because I have 1 more fuse burned than it is expecting (downgrade)? Am I screwed for not making a new backup or upgrading without burning the fuse?

17. crazy_p

crazy_p GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    You can restore your 9.0.1 Backup and update it back to 9.1.0.
    You need RCM only once, to boot your 9.0.1 Backup. No need for autoRCM at all.

18. ruthloose88

ruthloose88 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So that won’t cause my sysNAND to get caught in a boot panic state? I only ask in the event I decide to remove my CFW someday would it cause issues due to the fuses being off?

crazy_p likes this.
  19. crazy_p

crazy_p GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    If you want to avoid this you can either accces your OFW once via Hekate. Or make a new Backup of your 9.1.0 Sysnand, as its still Clean and restore that. (In this case you have to backup your Sysnand each Time, if you Update your OFW through Nintendo).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    ruthloose88 likes this.
  20. ruthloose88

ruthloose88 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you. This is all very helpful @crazy_p. One final thing, you said I can make a backup now of my 9.1.0 eMMC because it is still clean. How is this so?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - UNOFFICIALLY, firmware, (WITHOUT