Hacking How to install PS1/Hombrew/Emulator on 3.55 TN-VR?

megadrixfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im in 3.55, did the exploit on the game, have TN-R running, PSP games run fine.

Now i spent hours searching how to put PS1 or emulator on it and it just seems impossible, i tried: 1_Doing the install.zip thing, it just shows a BSOD when loading the memory stick. 2_Writing to /PSP/GAME via FTP, throws an error. 3_CHanging the folder name to PSP2 and then renaming it, doesn't work, when you change the name it fucks up everything.

What else did i miss? =(

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
PS1 requires TN-X to get proper sound emulation, the audio is being run through Vita hardware inaccessible via the standard PSP exploit, and so cannot be fixed. The alternative sound plugin is quite dodgy, you pretty much have to be on 3.18 for proper PS1 emulation on the Vita.

Reactions: megadrixfire

megadrixfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS1 requires TN-X to get proper sound emulation, the audio is being run through Vita hardware inaccessible via the standard PSP exploit, and so cannot be fixed. The alternative sound plugin is quite dodgy, you pretty much have to be on 3.18 for proper PS1 emulation on the Vita.

and for just running emulator such as DOS? what can i use with TN-V?

Last edited by megadrixfire,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
The rule is, if you go past 3.18, you lose near-perfect PS1 emulation via TN-X. But you can gain faster speed in Rejuvenate so it balances out a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs