How to install multiple copies of the same game?

LiborNX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I know the process for 3DS (https://github.com/ihaveamac/3DS-ro...le-ID-with-extracted-NCCH-header-and-ExHeader).

Any tutorial to achieve the same with NSW?
If there is a process, I was curious if it is also possible to change the game title text so that it shows different on the home menu and if someone would share "best practices" like setting IDs that don't conflict with official titles (or even better, use a future-proof ID range which will never conflict)...?

If you wonder why, use cases:
- Reorganizing karaoke songs by theme across 4 * modded Let's Sing 2019
- Installing the same title twice each instance mapped to a different language thanks to NX Locale Switcher
- Could serve other purpose: allow more save slots through two game instances (big family and want to spare them the inconvenience of using save managers / swap EmuMMCs and other non kid-proof stuff to achieve the same), Saturn injects...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the process for 3DS (https://github.com/ihaveamac/3DS-ro...le-ID-with-extracted-NCCH-header-and-ExHeader).

Any tutorial to achieve the same with NSW?
If there is a process, I was curious if it is also possible to change the game title text so that it shows different on the home menu and if someone would share "best practices" like setting IDs that don't conflict with official titles (or even better, use a future-proof ID range which will never conflict)...?

If you wonder why, use cases:
- Reorganizing karaoke songs by theme across 4 * modded Let's Sing 2019
- Installing the same title twice each instance mapped to a different language thanks to NX Locale Switcher
- Could serve other purpose: allow more save slots through two game instances (big family and want to spare them the inconvenience of using save managers / swap EmuMMCs and other non kid-proof stuff to achieve the same), Saturn injects...
Or you could just use multiple accounts like a normal person.

LiborNX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Or you could just use multiple accounts like a normal person.

This is not helpful and quite passive aggressive.

Suggestion of friendly text: "Hey dude/dudette, you might have already tried before typing this post but have you though of multiple accounts. That should solve your use cases because x/y/z. Good luck!"

Have a good one

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

LiborNX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Putting aside the dry communication style. I don't think multiple accounts would solve my first use case. Unless you are saying one can apply mods at account level? In that case, please elaborate, happy to learn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night