How to install Mario Kart Channel?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Luis Oscar, Apr 11, 2008.

Apr 11, 2008
  1. Luis Oscar
    OP

Newcomer Luis Oscar Newbie

Mexico
    Hello i was wondering if someone could tell me how to install Mario kart channel, every time i click on it on the mario kart game it says it will begin the installation but then a black screen appears and nothing happens, i have the JAP TMD version. i read something about the WIIScrubber fixing this or something... in the main page but i didnt understand very well, thats why i wanted to ask u experts, thanks.

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    if it's a scrubbed release (that means the garbage data has been removed), the channel may not work. This is because the mario kart disc has 3 partitions instead of 2. The old wiiscrubber can't handle this and the 3rd partition containing the channel is lost

3. Luis Oscar
    OP

Mexico
    O i see, so how do i fix this? i have the TMD release but i already unpacked it so its like over 4 gigs now, (its in its iso form) i need another file right? a spm? how do i get it? do i just use the iso and the spm and use the wii scrubber and ill be able to install the mario kart channel? thanks.

4. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Search for a .dif file for your game.
    Its about 40mb and enables you to "unscrub" the game.

5. assassda

Member assassda GBAtemp Regular

United States
    even if you have the full image, is it possible to install channel on US Wii if you remove the updates?

6. Luis Oscar
    OP

Mexico
    i found one, but it was in a page where there was the mario kart pal, and i have mario kart jap, can i still use this one? its around 30 mb... or could someone please tell me where to find the japanese one? thanks