How to Install Luma3DS CFW? I don't get it :(

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MissYumi, Apr 24, 2016.

1. MissYumi
    OP

MissYumi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi everybody,

I am thinking about to install Luma3DS and I have two 3DS. One old and one new 3DS. Actually I have gateway emunand on both and menuhax which loads homebrew launcher to load gateway emunand.
    I have Firmware 9.2 on both.

So I am new to this and I don't understand the whole process of getting a CFW installed. I read the Luma3DS wiki but I only see upgrade manuals no complete guide. I don't have ARN. ARN = AuReiNand???

I also want / need the A9LH hack.

So does anybody have a complete step by step guide?

Thank you!

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Last edited by Marko76, Apr 24, 2016
  3. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
  4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    The go-to guide on all things CFW/A9LH
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
    Just want to make sure you know that Gateway doesn't work with A9LH yet but they claim it will soon™.
    AuReiNAND is the original name for Luma3DS. All guides referring to ARN will still work with Luma3DS.

5. MissYumi
    OP

MissYumi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for the quick replies. There will be RedNAND installed in this guide. So I should start with fresh formatted SD card right?? Looks like a long way to get this CFW. Do you recommend Luma3DS? Or other question why do you use Luma3DS?

6. Temarile

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yeah, best start with a fresh formatted sd card, big enough to suit your needs (32GB is plenty for the average user).

I'd recommend Luma3DS. It has everything you need. It patches all things that you could want (gba, ds, signature), it is very stable, it has weekly updates (unlike rxtools which hasn't been updated since February), it is very customisable (your own splash screens!) and it supports A9LH ofcourse. And it's very easy to use!

7. MissYumi
    OP

MissYumi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I've read that the guide (Plailect) recommends or requires a non touched 3DS device, but I installed Homebrewlauncher for example. Is this a problem?? How to manage this?

8. Temarile

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    It does not require an unmodded device, it's just recommended. Just read rednand as your Emunand and do it like the guide says. The guide also points you were to start.

Last edited by Temarile, Apr 24, 2016
  9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    @MissYumi Advice follow the guide word for word. Dont deviate or try to save time this will take possibly hours to setup but it will be well worth it. Start with a clean Desktop and formatted 3DS.

Minnow likes this.
  10. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Do note, though, that Gateway doesn't currently support A9LH, and you will need an entirely separate 9.2 emunand just to boot it until they release their A9LH boot solution.

astronautlevel likes this.
  11. Skyreith

Skyreith Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2016
    Malaysia
    Sorry for thread-jacking, I've a quiestion; I'm confused.

I have a 3DS @ 9.8 sysNAND, and I have Gateway. But the 3DS isn't hacked. Is it safe to hack, and what's the best recommended method?

And to note, Gateway already has support for A9LH