Tutorial  Updated

How To Install Homebrew On Wii: FW 4.3

1. On your Wii, open System Settings. To get to System Settings, click the icon with 'Wii' on it at the bottom left corner of the Wii Menu. Navigate to Internet->Console Information. You will see your Wii's MAC address. Take note of this. You will need it in later steps.

2. Go to http://please.hackmii.com/. Select which version of the Wii System Menu you have. Select 4.3U if you live in the US, 4.3E if you live in Europe, 4.3J if you live in Japan, and 4.3K if you live in Korea. ( Copy paste the link in google address bar )

3. Enter the MAC address you found in Step 1. LetterBomb needs this to create and sign the correct file.

4. Make sure bundle the Hackmii installer is checked. The Hackmii installer will install the Homebrew Channel. If you don't want to install the Homebrew Channel, uncheck this option. You will need another homebrew application instead of the Hackmii installer.

5. Enter the Captcha on the page. If you can't see every letter in the Captcha, click the Refresh button or use the Audio Captcha. Then click either button at the bottom of the page.

6. You will see a ZIP file being downloaded. Extract the contents of the ZIP file. Copy the private folder and boot.elf to the root of your SD (not SDHC) card or USB drive. If you didn't choose the bundle the Hackmii installer, copy the private folder to the root of the SD card or USB drive and copy another homebrew application.

7. Put the SD card or USB drive in your Wii. The SD card slot is located right next to the disc slot, while there are 2 USB ports on the back of the Wii.

8. Load the Wii Message Board. To get to the Wii Message Board, click the icon with a letter on it at the bottom right corner of the Wii Menu. Search for a red letter with a bomb inside of it. If you don't see it, go to the previous or next day. Once you find the letter, open it.

9. Go through the Hackmii installer. It will tell you that if you have paid for the Hackmii installer, you were scammed. Obviously you weren't scammed, so press the 1 button. Go through the Hackmii installer until it gives you the option to install the Homebrew Channel. Choose that option. If you want to, you can choose to install Bootmii.

10. Install the Homebrew Channel. Once it installs, you will be returned to the Wii Menu. You should see the Homebrew Channel in your Wii Menu.

11. Now that you have the Homebrew Channel installed, you can launch homebrew applications. Search http://wiibrew.org for homebrew you can use. After you download it, extract the ZIP file and copy the application folder to the apps folder on your SD card or USB drive. If you don't have an apps folder, create one. ( Copy paste the link in google address bar )

FOR TUTORIALS, DEVELOPER KIT DOWNLOADS, AND OTHER NEWS ABOUT WII HOMEBREW, VISIT THIS WEBSITE!

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

All Credits To: WikiHow

Last edited by Chenru,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you people have so many things against copy paste...
Because you duplicated somebody else's work without giving credit. That's called plagiarism. If you want to contribute, why not write your own tutorials? Or post a link to the original tutorial if you think it's helpful, rather than just copying and pasting it as though it's your own work.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why do you people have so many things against copy paste... I don't have alot of time on my hands. Please tell me how to improve.
People are being a bit harsh, it sounds like it was a genuine mistake.

You need to give credit to the original author. Mention who originally wrote the guide and post a link, and nobody will have a problem.

Chenru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are being a bit harsh, it sounds like it was a genuine mistake.

You need to give credit to the original author. Mention who originally wrote the guide and post a link, and nobody will have a problem.

Thank you, I promise I will do so next time! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because you duplicated somebody else's work without giving credit. That's called plagiarism. If you want to contribute, why not write your own tutorials? Or post a link to the original tutorial if you think it's helpful, rather than just copying and pasting it as though it's your own work.

Ok, Thank you very much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You could give some credits to the original author at least

Ok, Thanks!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So only smash hax works on wii u. Glad i got such a popular game. I think most hacks should use the most popular games since it should be plenty of copies and won't sell for outrageous prices for it with limited print.

Chenru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So only smash hax works on wii u. Glad i got such a popular game. I think most hacks should use the most popular games since it should be plenty of copies and won't sell for outrageous prices for it with limited print.

Yes, very much true. But at the same time, the good games have insane security and the developers would patch it ASAP to avoid loss in product value. As with less popular games, The developers don't really care and is usually abandoned for further work related to homebrew.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, i dunno about the game updates being used to patch exploits that can help mod systems but for cheating like glitches, The fair use of updates or patches is intentally to fix a known problem, that doesn't always necessary mean exploit for hacks, but to make the game playable. And it does cost the people money for the patches to be applied. so as long as people don't have budget for patching games, or willing to do so or invest time into it, is not as frequent hence why only so very few games get much more support over the years like Street fighter 4, Killer instinct, mortal kombat X or super smash bros, than just games like any platformer who highest update number is something like 1.0.2 or something.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up with all these tutorials being copy pasted from other websites? how does this help anyone?
Not sure, i guess if people visit this place more than others it makes it a hotspot topic for viewing for anyone interested. But i guess is better left on the site it was created on and linked there from here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...