Tutorial How to install Games on a WiiU Formatted Drive without any Fat32 HDD using FTP

Did my method worked for you ?

• No, it didn't work :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Androoski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this and I used FileZilla and after it finished it just disappeared. I just gave up after that? Should I use a different software? Idk what to do.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried this and I used FileZilla and after it finished it just disappeared. I just gave up after that? Should I use a different software? Idk what to do.

You installed your game on storage_usb ? Verify that one update or DLC is installed, and verify the titleID. It most likely fail if a wrong titleID is mentioned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I aleready know how to install game but I was asking if there was a possibility to use FTP to install game on a FAT 32 HDD like on a WII U formated.
Or perhaps I can just plug the disk in my pc and put the game on it. (I will try this way)

I do think it can be possible, you may try. But you might need to wait a short time after installing it to make it appear.

And I don't think plugging the disk and putting your game works, since I've tried myself.

Androoski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You installed your game on storage_usb ? Verify that one update or DLC is installed, and verify the titleID. It most likely fail if a wrong titleID is mentioned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do think it can be possible, you may try. But you might need to wait a short time after installing it to make it appear.

And I don't think plugging the disk and putting your game works, since I've tried myself.
I am putting the game into the storage_usb folder and the file name has the correct title ID. I'm trying to install NES Remix as a test because it is a smaller game. I'm running Mocha 0.2. And I installed and update using the WUP installer method but it didn't make a folder...

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am putting the game into the storage_usb folder and the file name has the correct title ID. I'm trying to install NES Remix as a test because it is a smaller game. I'm running Mocha 0.2. And I installed and update using the WUP installer method but it didn't make a folder...

Updates are located on 50000E compared at the games folder (500000). Try to copy title.tmd and title.fst from the update and put it in your NES Remix game folder.

Androoski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates are located on 50000E compared at the games folder (500000). Try to copy title.tmd and title.fst from the update and put it in your NES Remix game folder.
OMG IT WORKED! Thank you sooo much for this tutorial and for helping me through this! It looked like it didn't work but then I restarted my console and it was there after movie the title files! Thank you!

EDIT: Ok the game was working but now it just crashes after start up. I open the game and the loading screen for NES remix comes up but then it freezes and I have to force shut down the Wii U.

Last edited by Androoski,

Androoski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I restarted my Wii U and used loadiine.ovh to open Homebrew and run Mocha. And now when I open the game it freezes on the loading game screen. I can't press the homebutton or click any other buttons.

sp3off

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OMG IT WORKED! Thank you sooo much for this tutorial and for helping me through this! It looked like it didn't work but then I restarted my console and it was there after movie the title files! Thank you!

EDIT: Ok the game was working but now it just crashes after start up. I open the game and the loading screen for NES remix comes up but then it freezes and I have to force shut down the Wii U.

Ok I restarted my Wii U and used loadiine.ovh to open Homebrew and run Mocha. And now when I open the game it freezes on the loading game screen. I can't press the homebutton or click any other buttons.

Do not know if it's a problem coming from the HDD or if it's a badly moved file.

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I'm new on this forum and i don't know if there is a way to send private message but i hadn't found.
I would write in french, it would be easier for me...

Have you found a way to install a game that not have any update available ?
If i undersand correctly, even with an update, you have to install it with WUP installer. Is that it ? (I mean no way to upload directlty in storage_usb/usr/title/500000E ? idem for DLC in 500000C, and so no need to handle loadiine and WUP format for the game)

Have you tried other things since ? (put fake title.tmd and title.fst files, using nuspacker ?...)

I have created a framework to use CEMU (BatchFw on GitHub) and it will be really great if i could sync games/update/DLC/saves with my wii-U automatically by FTP using Wscp (and handle only one format the RPX one = loadiine).

For now if i understand that i have to repack my loadiine game with nuspacker

Thanks

Last edited by Laf111,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo