How to install FBI on emunand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Tex_McBladeSword, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Tex_McBladeSword
    OP

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    So, I have an 8.1U Sysnand, and a 9.9 Emunand. I had everything set up fine before, but something happened and I had to restore a blank copy of each. Now, before, both my Sysnand and Emunand were linked, so I didnt have any troubles. However, now they are unlinked, and Im left with a problem.

Because I cant run ninjhax from my emunand, I cant install FBI to it. I can still install FBI and other CSI files to sysNAND, but I'd rather not do that if possible. Other than the things above, I also have a Sky3DS from which I run Cubic Ninja

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    You'll need to install the title manager to Sysnand, then format the Emunand or make a backup of Sysnand and inject it with the emunand tool.
    If it doesn't show up after that, copy the dbs folder from your SD's Nintendo 3DS > Sysnands folder > folder > dbs to your Emunands folder. (Just mirroring the dbs from Sys to Emu)

3. fvig2001

fvig2001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    Your options:
    1. Use a gateway to install it through the ROM menu
    2. Create a new emunand using <9.2. Install FBI using Ninjax->FBI then update to 9.9
    3. Follow the guide in RXTools to replace the warning application with FBI

Tex_McBladeSword likes this.
  4. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    I just assumed you don't have a Gateway since you mentioned Sky3ds. If you do though #1 as Fvig2001 suggested is by far the easiest route. :)

5. Tex_McBladeSword
    OP

Tex_McBladeSword Im Insane! From Earth!

May 16, 2015
    United States
    Wherever I am Needed
    Ah, that makes sense! I guess it's a rather simple fix then. Good to know!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Unfortunately no, but I still have a copy of my emunand from 8.1, so no worries!

Also, followup question. I still have my save from Rune Factory 4 on my SD card, and although my emunand still has the same ID as before, it doesnt seem to load up. Anyone know whats goin on with that?

Last edited by Tex_McBladeSword, Aug 14, 2015