Hacking How to install DSiWARE on 2ds/3ds ?

g12345567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have downloaded some DSiWARE digital games and am not sure how to install them on a my N2DS X< running CFW.

All the files are named 00000000, 00000001, 00000002, 00000006 etc with no file extension.

Is there a tutorial or someone provide instructions on how to install them on SD card? And what software do I use to run them on my N2DS XL console?

Last edited by g12345567,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have downloaded some DSiWARE digital games and am not sure how to install them on a my N2DS X< running CFW.

All the files are named 00000000, 00000001, 00000002, 00000006 etc with no file extension.

Is there a tutorial or someone provide instructions on how to install them on SD card? And what software do I use to run them on my N2DS XL console?
i believe those are files of the dsiware itself. it seems there are still otherbits missing and would need to be a .cia file you get. I dont think those files as is are any good.

g12345567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i believe those are files of the dsiware itself. it seems there are still otherbits missing and would need to be a .cia file you get. I dont think those files as is are any good.

So as the files stand they can't be installed on and console. Then whats the point of them?

I understand that Twilight Menu++ can play DSiWare. What format should I the DSIiWare games be if I want to play them through Twilight Menu++?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So as the files stand they can't be installed on and console. Then whats the point of them?

I understand that Twilight Menu++ can play DSiWare. What format should I the DSIiWare games be if I want to play them through Twilight Menu++?
Currently TWiLightMenu++ can only run dsiware in nds format on a DSi.
It can't handle the "emulated" DSi mode perfectly yet so the 3DS can only run them as installed apps.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the 3DS (unless latest update now supports it), TWiLight Menu++ does not play DSiWare games despite being a homebrew DSiWare title itself.

Unless those DSiWare games are raw BIN dumps, you can convert *.NDS DSiWare into CIAs with GodMode9 or SRL_Scripts_dpad_5678.

g12345567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the info. I found DSiWare games in NDS format. From what I read above I have to convert them to CIA and install. Twilight Menu ++ as yet can't handle DSiWare in NDS format.

g12345567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Unless those DSiWare games are raw BIN dumps, you can convert *.NDS DSiWare into CIAs with GodMode9 or SRL_Scripts_dpad_5678.

Thanks. I used the NDS to CIA script program to convert the DSiWare NDS files to CIA.

Installed the CIA using FBI on a N2DS XL and they worked fine.

Reactions: Quantumcat

g12345567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
One last thing. From what I understand on the 2DS/3DS DSiWare is installed to the NAND. NAND is not very big so can't install many DSiWare titles. If I run out of space and want to install more I have to copy some of the DSiWare to the SD card. Then delete it from memory. Game will be unplayable from the SD card. To play a game stored on SD memory card I need to copy the title back to the internal NAND.

Will copying a DSiWare title to the SD card also preserver the same games data? As deleting a DSiWare game will also remove the save game data.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One last thing. From what I understand on the 2DS/3DS DSiWare is installed to the NAND. NAND is not very big so can't install many DSiWare titles. If I run out of space and want to install more I have to copy some of the DSiWare to the SD card. Then delete it from memory. Game will be unplayable from the SD card. To play a game stored on SD memory card I need to copy the title back to the internal NAND.

Will copying a DSiWare title to the SD card also preserver the same games data? As deleting a DSiWare game will also remove the save game data.
SD card DSiWare packages contain the save data from the moment of their creation. You can also backup your DSiWare saves manually or with the help of TurdPooCharger's script.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...