How to install custom songs into Rock Band 2 (or 3) with USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by doorknob60, Apr 12, 2013.

1. doorknob60
    OP

Newcomer doorknob60 Member

United States
    I just recently bought Rock Band again, as I've been dying to play it. The problem is, my Wii's DVD drive doesn't work well enough to play games, so I load everything onto a USB HDD. THe problem is, I want to play songs from GH3 and RB1, and GH3, while the game works, does not have A/V lag calibration, making it annoying to play on my TV. And Rock Band 1 does not even work with the guitar I have. I want to import the songs from both these games into RB2. I've been messing around with RawkSD, and I can't seem to find a way to use it in conjunction with a USB Loader. Any ideas? Or am I royally screwed, and should have bought the PS3 version so I could at least play RB1 (EA patched the PS3 version for GH3 guitar support, not the Wii one)

2. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    hey man i know for the old rock sd you had to use ios 37 patched (should have done it with rawksd) but i havent used rawksd forever hope that helps some

3. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    you will have to dump the songs to an emunand and use nand emulation. the last time i tried it kept freezing, but i added like 500 songs. there are tools out there for it, i think they are by rudi4president or something like that. try googling it.

4. doorknob60
    OP

United States
    I can find a few things about this method, but I am unsure where to begin. A lot of the guides suggest that this will work with the DLC tracks, but do not mention customs (as the RB1 and GH3 that I want to import are not official DLC). Will it still work? ALso, do I need to use RawkSD in any way? Because I've been trying a while and RawkSD has not been working at all.

5. mightymuffy

Member mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    edit: sorry I'm about 3 soddin years out of date with my info!

6. doorknob60
    OP

United States
    I might just give up on the RB1 songs, and live with the thousands of others available as RB3 DLC :P There's always Frets on Fire too (if I could get it to stop crashing). Thanks for the help though! If anyone else has any tips though, I'd still appreciate them, I'll check back on occasion.