Tutorial How to Install Custom Maps, Texture Packs, And Addons for Minecraft Bedrock for Nintendo Switch

GeckoAnimations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I somehow get the texture pack onto the switch from my Acer Chromebook or does it have to be from a computer? Also, I know that some people on another tutorial said you had to hack your Switch to get it to work... Will I have to hack mine? Thank you so much! :):switch:

Last edited by GeckoAnimations,

EaterComputer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I somehow get the texture pack onto the switch from my Acer Chromebook or does it have to be from a computer? Also, I know that some people on another tutorial said you had to hack your Switch to get it to work... Will I have to hack mine? Thank you so much! :):switch:
you need to hack your switch (https://switch.homebrew.guide/) and you can use a chromebook to do it as long as you have a microsd card port or adapter.

twinkymartinez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to sign into Microsoft account so I can get achievement but just in switch I don't want to go online with account I just want to unlock achievements on the switch

Tigermean74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@EaterComputer

I managed to get hold of a map (.mcworld) from mcpedl, I renamed it to .zip, extracted all the files and put it in a folder with the same name as the .mcworld file but when I restore the backup using checkpoint, the map/world does not show up in Minecraft.

What am I doing wrong?

EaterComputer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using a shader pack and the game crashed, is it normal or did I screw up?
I'm pretty sure shader packs don't work on switch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@EaterComputer

I managed to get hold of a map (.mcworld) from mcpedl, I renamed it to .zip, extracted all the files and put it in a folder with the same name as the .mcworld file but when I restore the backup using checkpoint, the map/world does not show up in Minecraft.

What am I doing wrong?
Did you get the world file (The one with level.dat in it) and put it in com.mojang/minecraftWorlds ? It should work if you follow all the steps. Sorry for late reply

joshN2911

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having a problem downloading CheckPoint. Is this meant to be downloaded on the switch? Is there any other app I can use? Thankyou for the tutorial

Hi, I’m having a problem downloading the CheckPoint app as it isn’t showing up on the Nintendo switch? Is it meant to be downloaded on the Nintendo switch? Is there any other save manager I can use?

EaterComputer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am having a problem downloading CheckPoint. Is this meant to be downloaded on the switch? Is there any other app I can use? Thankyou for the tutorial

Hi, I’m having a problem downloading the CheckPoint app as it isn’t showing up on the Nintendo switch? Is it meant to be downloaded on the Nintendo switch? Is there any other save manager I can use?
Try downloading it with the homebrew appstore

Jco988

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
where do you place the Checkpoint and the Homebrew menu for the switch sd card. My folders are Nintendo and that 'System Info....'

Manito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ban risk on a solo world with card version ?
I haven't been banned yet. I've been playing with custom skins online for a little over a year. I also added some behavior packs, resource packs, and a few worlds.

jd-ob-mg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is great but one question,I don't see a resource pack or a behavior pack folder in the save. I made one myself and i can't see my installed resource/behavior packs

Hey guys could someone here help me. I am can't find a resource pack or a behavior pack folders in my save file

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SG854 @ SG854: Dad went for a pack of cigarettes and never came back