Homebrew How to install cias through dev menu (3DS Dev/Panda system)?

HudU_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I recently got a dev/panda unit and was wondering if it was possible to get a cia or 3ds file and install it via the dev menu? I know I could just hack it (get CFW on it) but I prefer to have it as original as possible. I got a decrypted and encrypted cia file of an app that was originally on a dev unit (look at past conversations if you're curious) and it recognizes the game and everything, but every time I try to install it, it tells me

Import failed. File:
filename.cia
This cia is invalid.
(0xD8E0806A)

I know you can only do signed code and everything through the dev menu, and you can't just use it as a title installer like FBI, but this app was originally found on a dev/preproduction 3ds in the dev menu. Do I have to format it right or use a different file extension? Please let me know if possible. Thanks!

-HudU

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what I remember, cias install fine in the dev menu, but you probably have to have cfw of some sort. I don't know how it works, since my knowledge of the 3ds is limited, but I have used the dev menu in the past.

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that type of unit can only install those cia's that were installed on Black Friday bundles that have universal keys. like any other pre-installed game would have. Otherwise they're going to have to hack it to use modern CFW cia's. (If I recall correctly )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM