Hacking How To Install CFW on <4.5 WITHOUT DS Flashcart / Gateway

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can now get CFW on a 3DS with firmware up to 4.5 with no DS Flashcart!

Already on 4.5 or lower? Start by watching the video below!
Video tutorial:

Written Tutorial:
~~~WHAT YOU WILL NEED~~~
1. SD Card (At least 1GB)
2. 3DS
3. Internet Access
4. "All CFW Files" downloaded
5. Computer (PC or Mac are recommended)

~~~TUTORIAL~~~
Skip the pre-setup steps if your 3DS is 4.5 or below! Do the pre-setup if your 3DS is above 4.5.

(Pre-setup) 1. Downgrade your 3DS Firmware to 4.5 or less using the tutorial below.
(Pre-setup) 2.Turn off your 3DS after that's complete.
1. Download & Extract the folder "All CFW Files".
2. Delete ALL files from your SD Card.
3. Copy the folders inside "All CFW Files" to the root of your SD Card.
4. Copy the "MT_INSTALLER" and "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5. Copy everything from inside the "Spider3DSTools & code.bin" folder, and paste them on the root of your SD Card.
5a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 1 now!
6. Eject your SD Card and put it into your 3DS.
7. Start up your 3DS.
8. Launch the Internet Browser, and go to this URL: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/apachethunder/Images/gateway/index_msett.html
9. Wait for it to finish installing the DS Profile Exploit. The web browser will crash when it's complete.
10. Once its finished installing, go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
10a. If the MT Card Launcher loads, then you've successfully installed the DS Profile Exploit!
11. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
12. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your computer.
13. Copy the "Launcher.dat" from "Gateway Launcher.dat" on your SD Card.
14. Paste it to the root of your SD Card, overwriting the "Launcher.dat" from the "MT Card Files" folder.
14a. Your SD Card should look like mine at the end of Step 3 now!
15. Eject your SD Card from your computer, and put it back into your 3DS.
16. Start up your 3DS.
17. Go to Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile -- Nintendo DS Profile Settings.
18. The Gateway menu should load.
19. Scroll to the right until you find the "FORMAT EMUNAND" option.
20. Click "A".
21. Click "Start".
22. Wait for it to finish formatting. This part of the video is time-lapsed! It will take a lot longer than it does in the video.
23. Press "A" when it's done.
23a. You've successfully formatted emuNAND!
24. Turn off your 3DS by holding down the power button for about 15 seconds.
25. Eject your SD Card and insert it into your computer.
25a. It should be named "GATEWAYNAND" now.
26. Navigate to SD:\Nintendo 3DS\gibberish numbers and letters\gibberish numbers and letters\ and create a folder called "dbs".
27. Make a new text document.
28. Do not put ANYTHING in it, and save it as "title.db" and save it once again as "import.db". Make sure to change the file extension from *.txt to All Files.
28a. You've successfully tricked your system!
29. Eject your SD Card, and insert it into your 3DS.
30. Turn on your 3DS and go to Settings -- Data Management -- Nintendo 3DS Software
31. Click OK when it asks you to format data.
32. Once it's done, go back into Settings -- Other Settings -- Profile.
33. Hold the "L" Button, and go into Nintendo DS Profile.
33a. You've successfully installed & booted CFW!
33b. If it doesn't work, try letting go of the "L" button very quickly after clicking Nintendo DS Profile.

~~~DOWNLOADS~~~
All CFW Files: http://www.mediafire.com/download/43sgllwrmyewxrb/All_CFW_Files.zip

All CFW Files (Mirror): http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=85973
Are you running 9.2.0-20U or below, but not 4.5 or below? You can still downgrade to 4.5, and then install CFW! Start by watching the video below, and then the video above once you're downgraded.

Leave a like if it helped! :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No, the staff here aren't noobs like you perceive them as. They kindly asked me to change the thread title and unlocked it, and deleted all your guys's drama where you lose control.
should edit your video then and remove the 2DS/N3DS clickbait.....or at least put a caption over it to tell noobies that you goofed

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Once again, I'm sorry, I just hate it when I put 2 days into making a good video and people obsess on one wrong detail and automatically go into troll mode. Like your post before it got deleted.
ok the reason people sometimes get a bit uppity about people spreading the wrong info, especially when its done in "noob friendly" step by step tutorials, is that it spreads and there will be people saying for weeks "oh i follow this guide but it not work, help me set up cfw on my 2DS/n3DS".....now i like to say i try help people out quite a bit on here, but it does get a bit tedious when just a small bit of incorrect info...even a typo spreads into lots of "help me help me" threads :), its not that im being picky, just hoping that as much info as possible is correct as it saves needing to repeat stuff over and over

not to mention the people who get their hopes up only to have them crushed 10 minutes later, im sure slushie was like OOOOOHHH YEAH!!!! when he saw the thread.....5 seconds into the video its like ....damn, at least he was one of the guys who realized the mistake, there will be some who watch it all and sit there for hours/days trying to do it :P

Bakatora

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey darkflare, mind if i ask for some troubleshooting help?
I cant seem to get the mt card launcher running, although my browser does crash.
I am running version 4.5008e.
(and if it helps at all, the first time it crashed, it didn't show the black "gateway 3ds is loading" screen)

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey darkflare, mind if i ask for some troubleshooting help?
I cant seem to get the mt card launcher running, although my browser does crash.
I am running version 4.5008e.
(and if it helps at all, the first time it crashed, it didn't show the black "gateway 3ds is loading" screen)
Hmm, are you sure you have MT_INSTALLER on the root of your SD Card, along with everything from Spider3DS and the MT Card Launcher.dat?

finn_91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Have the same problem as Bakatora.
Checked & rechecked files in the root. Compared to video. Everything looked the same.
Firmware 4.4.0-10J.
When I loaded website entering address I got gray screen, same as in video. When used QR Code — black lower screen with "GATEWAY 3DS LOADING" on it. In both cases browser crashes the same way.
After launching DS Profile 3DS shows kind of gray screen, crashes and relaunches.
Tried to reboot console a few times, cleaned browser.

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my question is, is it emunand cfw? or just 4.x cfw... As in when I load the exploit am I booted into a 4.x with limitations on games or is it booted into 9.x emunand without needing a card with no game limitations? I watched the video but mehh not every bit of it lol

Rediska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Same problem as Bakatora.
Browser crashes too quickly on step 9. 
Step 10a shows DS Profile settings instead of MT Card Launcher.
Firmware: 4.5.0-4E

Although, gateway exploit successfully runs GW Launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/