1. Shahaan

Shahaan Member
    Newcomer

South Africa

I got everything working fine now, but I want to know how I could transfer files between a PC and the android partitions since they are now unreadable after setup on my Windows laptop

2. Sasori

OP Sasori GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Using an FTP app from the play store is the easiest way, that I am currently aware of

3. nex86

nex86 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    now using an 128GB Sandisk Ultra A1 and its even slower....
    But flashing the 128GB image with around 70MB/s write speed took almost an hour.
    it really is unusable. A cheap 30$ tablet is faster.
    maybe its my switch?

Last edited by nex86, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Sasori

OP Sasori GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It's the first BETA release. Things are still being optimized and worked on so it's not perfect

5. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

United States
    I'm downloading openarena right now, it should perform pretty well judging by Dolphin's performance but something's still wonky with just about every game where you can only use either the left or right joycon, not both.

EDIT: just tried it out and everything's working great

Last edited by Orangy57, Jul 29, 2019
    MicmasH_W likes this.
  6. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    Did anybody get borderlands 2 to work?

7. MicmasH_W

MicmasH_W Sneppy boi

United States
    Neato! Well I guess you have a great new game to play cause I don't have a Switch, now I feel bad about asking :D Hey though, it has very good bots (It's running on the same code as Quake 3). You can definantly get Jedi Outcast going on there then, it's the BEST Star Wars game I've ever played, although it needs the data files (Not free, get it on Steam) and you'll need to do some reconfiguring on the controls.
    Sorry if I wasted your time :)

8. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 Banned
    Banned

United Kingdom
    Oh! How does it run on lakka? I know this isnt the right place, but while we are on topic... i actually didnt know it was on the gamecube! I loved it on the xbox.

9. MicmasH_W

MicmasH_W Sneppy boi

United States
    hmm, @Orangy57 are you talking about the Emulator or something else?? @Josshy0125 I don't think there is Quake 3 for the gamecube, I don't know what Dolphin is in regard to the switch, I don't have one. Orangy will tell you.

10. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 Banned
    Banned

United Kingdom
    Oh i was talking about jedi outcast

11. MicmasH_W

MicmasH_W Sneppy boi

United States
    Oh ok! Yes there is a Jedi Outcast on the gamecube! I've got it and it's very good, only thing is it's a little limited when selecting force powers as you have to use a joystick. It's got multiplayer and multiplayer bots, too.. The story is the same. Sorry for the confusion.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

However, since the Android version is native I would expect it to run much smoother and it the controls could be changed.

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    It should be possible to boot Android on ipatched systems on 4.1.0 (without the supernag).

Last edited by Lacius, Jul 29, 2019
  13. Sasori

OP Sasori GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If someone with an iPatched unit can confirm this. I would be happy to edit the OP

14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you can boot Hekate, you can run Android.

15. A3660537JPN

A3660537JPN GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I can not make any USB OTG devices work on LineageOS. Has This OS not supported USB OTG?

16. Djakku

Djakku Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Good job covering all the basic, this is a good stating point.

Worth mentioning:
    1) if anyone want netflix, they need to download the apk somewhere else thant google play as it says the device is not compatible but it works.

2) joycon need to be connected via bluetooth, then you can attached them but if you need to charge them, switch back to HOS.

3) Performance is heavily based on the type of SD card. So far, Samsung card have been reported working the best.

17. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    nice tutorial, thanks for writing it :)

Just one thing which seems often skipped, you didn't explain which Gapp to pick, like the official guide.
    I found that info on someone else video guide. He said to actually pick the one we want, and choosing "Pico" is a good idea for its size. you'll get essential apps and you can just update missing apps individually later from google appstore.

you are also missing some links, but I suppose it's planed as there's "here" word written, but no link on it yet.
    it'll be nice to have a link on all element to download (gapp, shieldifier, and magisk thread) at the beginning too.

You can also install all zip at once in TWRP (magisk and gapp, and optionally shieldifier). but separating the rooting steps is also fine.

I find the TWRP steps a little confusing, you are rebooting few times to "install TWRP" but it's located at the end of the guide once you already accessed it. Maybe I'm not familiar enough with android and TWRP.

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 29, 2019
    konamicode89, SaffronXL and Sasori like this.
  18. Sasori

OP Sasori GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Thank you for all the input, I will work on addressing these issues throughout the day!

If you happen to notice anything else please lmk

Cyan likes this.
  19. Paiuand

Paiuand GBAtemp Fan

Iraq
    Yo how do you install fortnite using this? The installer keeps telling me my device is not supported.

20. Sasori

OP Sasori GBAtemp Addict

United States
    You would need to download the required apks manually and install them from lineageos

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - 1(LineageOS), Nintendo, install