How to install and use TWiLight Menu++ (DS(i) emulator for the 3ds) for the 3ds

Hi and hello to y'all!
Maybe there's already other threads on this, but i want to make my own word on it, mate.
I WILL NOT BE LINKING ROM FILES, SITES AND ETC.
I WILL ONLY BE LINKING THE GITHUB PAGE.
ALSO YOU NEED A HACKED "LUMA3DS" 3DS/2DS, USING A NORMAL WON'T DO ANYTHING.
I SUGGEST GOING TO THE "3DS HACKS GUIDE" SITE.
MAKE SURE TO HAVE "LUMA3DS","GODMODE9" AND "FBI" ALREADY INSTALLED.

to make sure you have luma3ds,open your 3ds (with the (micro)SD card inserted) while holding select.
if a black menu with dos text opens up, you have it, if not you don't have luma3ds.
to make sure you have godmode9, open your 3ds (with the (micro)SD card inserted) while holding start
if text pops up saying "godmod9" success!1!!!, you have godmode9! If not same with luma3ds.
FBI is automatically installed while installing luma3ds so yas.

so let's begin...
Step 1:
Go to the github link (because i'm a new member I can't do that so just google search twilight menu++) and always download the latest release.
Install "TWiLightMenu-3DS.7z", open File Explorer and navigate to the Downloads folder.
Now insert your 3DS/2DS's (micro)SD card in your computer. (If you don't have a (micro)SD card slot, I recommend buying a (micro)SD card reader.
Step 2:
Now that you inserted your (micro)SD card into your computer, push the scroll wheel on the files explorer icon (or right click files explorer and click "Files Explorer")
Navigate to your sd card's "folder" (if you're using a (micro)SD card reader it'll probably show up as a usb)
If you're already have a "_nds" folder, delete it.
Copy ALL of the files inside the 7zip you just installed and paste them into the main root of your 3DS's (micro)SD card.
If it asks "Replace BOOT.NDS with the same named file?" push "Replace File".
I recommend moving the cia files into the "cia" folder.
and done,kind of.
Step 3 (the last):
Insert the (micro)SD card into your 3DS/2DS, power it on, and go to the "FBI" application.
Press "SD"
Go to your "cia" folder if already created
Push <current directory>, then push "Download and Delete all Files.
Wait for it to download.
If it's done, push b 2 times and then push start.
There should be a TWiLight Menu++ application on the menu (if not push the power button and then push the HOME button.)
Push it and there ya go.
I can't link any roms here so... find them yourself and put them in the "roms" folder.
And that's it. Thank you for actually reading this.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I don't want to sound mean as you are a newcomer, but it's like you're repeating a topic that has an official thread already made by TWL Menu++ dev @Robz8 back in 2017 and receives constant updates (last one: Nov 26, 2020). What do you want to achieve from this? Have you read the GBATemp's T&C's?

Before you start a topic, perform a search to see if the question or topic you wish to create has been made before. If it has, post in the topic that already exists. Duplicate topics will be closed.
Please refer to this link for more info. And welcome to GBATemp. :)

Last edited by tfocosta,

BobTheCubeBeing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't want to sound mean as you are a newcomer, but it's like you're repeating a topic that has an official thread already made by TWL Menu++ dev @Robz8 back in 2017 and receives constant updates (last one: Nov 26, 2020). What do you want to achieve from this? Have you read the GBATemp's T&C's?

Before you start a topic, perform a search to see if the question or topic you wish to create has been made before. If it has, post in the topic that already exists. Duplicate topics will be closed.
Please refer to this link for more info. And welcome to GBATemp. :)
Woah that's a quick response!
And also, thanks!

Reactions: Alexander1970

BobTheCubeBeing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
what he said

also its not an emulator
i should have quoted it :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No problem! We understand your excitement in sharing what you know, but there's no point having several threads for the same topic as they get users confused and don't bring anything new to the forum. :)
Thanks, next time i'll research first if it already exists before making a thread.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. 1111xmas_wink.gif

isnt twilight mnu a hypervisor than an emulator
also welcome to gbatemp and making a tooteral

TWiLight replaces the DSi Menu.:)
(on an emuNAND on SD Card)

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
TWiLightMenu++ is DSi software. The 3DS has what is called TWL_FIRM, this is made by Nintendo and acts as a DSi Mode/hyperviser. You can run TWiLightMenu ++ on both a DSi as well as in TWL_FIRM. The menu itself is merely an (amazing) launcher, not an emulator or hypervisor in itself.

Reactions: fmkid

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
isnt twilight mnu a hypervisor than an emulator
also welcome to gbatemp and making a tooteral
Technically speaking, it's neither. It's a frontend interface (with some feature tie-ins) for NDS-Bootstrap, which does the actual work, and would be the hypervisor you're referring to.

TheCosmicWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No problem! We understand your excitement in sharing what you know, but there's no point having several threads for the same topic as they get users confused and don't bring anything new to the forum. :)
Thank you for being kind to OP. Usually when people unknowingly make threads on topics that already exist, people here seem to bring out their pitchforks and be rude to the OP, but you handled it well.

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for being kind to OP. Usually when people unknowingly make threads on topics that already exist, people here seem to bring out their pitchforks and be rude to the OP, but you handled it well.

I truly believe that the oldest members should give the best advice to newcomers. That's how they learn. And that's how I've learnt too. And, although I've only decided to create an account few months ago, I've been around as a "voyeur" for a long time. Back in the day, when the main purpose of this forum was sharing the newest GBA roms as the story is told. So, as time passed, I've started to get used to the rules just from reading the posts. :D

:ph34r:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.