Hacking How to install and run ps1,ps2 and psp games to your 3000/ss using the new ps3xploit v3 han

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 22,871
  • Replies 53
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted User

OP
This is going to be a simple and easy to follow guide to installing ps1,ps2 and psp backups on your 3000/ss with the new ps3xploitv3 han enabler.

Here are the requirements

• The main thing you are going to need is the resigner tool extracted somewhere on your pc

https://github.com/PS3Xploit/PS3xploit-resigner

• A .pkg file to a game you want to install aswell as the rap file (psp injects dont need a rap file but you might need the modified act.dat inject atleast once.)

• You let the "Han installer" run atleast once on your ps3,enabling the package manager under the game tab on your ps3.If you havent yet i sudjest going to this website on your pc and going to the "v3 han tools" tab on the top left.There you will find the "download support files" you should put on the root of your usb.

http://ps3xploit.com

• A second ps3 psn user account thats activated.you will be using this account throughout this process

•Make sure you plug your flash drive in the ps3's left usb slot and choose usb 0001 in the exploit pages if you want to follow along,otherwise do the usb slot on the right and choose usb 0000

• Last but not least a usb flashdrive with atleast 4gb formated to fat32

Once you have the requirements,its only a matter of following these instructions.

Step 1.On your pc,open up your resigner tool folder and put both your pkg and rap files inside the folder for later on.

Step 2.Boot up your ps3,plug in your flash drive to the ps3 and run the PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 - PS3 HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper page.Select usb 0001,then press initialize button,once you get green text that says the initialization was successful,press the Dump act.dat & idps button.With that done you should now have both your Act and idps files dumped to your usb.Once thats done boot off your console.

Step 3.Take your usb out of your console and put it inside your pc.When you open up your usb inside your pc,you should find a act.dat file and a idps file aswell which are the files we dumped from Step 2.Put both files inside your resigner tool folder and back up your act.dat file somwhere safe

Step 4.Inside your resigner tool folder,drag your .rap file to the ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe.It should open up your console command and create 2 files.The first file is going to be your rif file,the second is going to be a copy of your act.dat file renamed to signed_act.dat. Delete your old act.dat file inside your usb and copy the new signed_act.dat from the resigner tool folder to the usb,and rename it to act.dat.Make shure to copy your rif file to the usb aswell.

Step 5.Find your .pkg game inside the resigner tool folder and drag it to
the ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe just like last time.It should open up your console command create a copy of your .pkg file but with signed at the end of its name.Once your cc finishes sighning the pkg,copy it over to your usb.

Recap
Now that you have gotten this far,make shure you have the following inside your usb,if you are missing somthing refollow the steps again.

1. Your games .pkg that says "signed" somewhere at the end of its name

2.Your rif file (make shure you write down the files name since we are going to need it later.If you are injecting a psp game from a iso you can skip the rif requirement,unless you never injected a sighned_act.dat before)

3.The act.dat file we renamed after we draged the rap file to the exe in the resigner tool.

Once you have all 3 files,you can now move onto step 6.

Step 6.Plug your flash drive back into your ps3 again and boot it up.Run the
PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 - PS3 HAN Enabler to allow signed files to be installed.
Go to your pakage manager and navigate to
install package files/standard and install the signed pkg.When installing fake signed pkg's there are two things that can happen,you will either get stuck on please wait for over 20 minutes which will eventually go away,when it goes away the install bubble will be inside the package manager under playstation network content,or the file will install right away under the game tab.Launching the game right now will give you a licence error,reboot the console and follow step 7.

Step 7.Once your ps3 is rebooted,go to the PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 - PS3 HAN ACT/RIF Copier page which will allow us to inject the modified act.dat and rif file.Type up the rif files name and make sure you select usb 0001.Once you press initialize and copy files your new act.dat and rif file should now be injected to the console.When injecting modified act.dat files you have to reboot in order for it to take effect.

Step 8.Once your ps3 has rebooted for the last time,run the PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 - PS3 HAN Enabler again and your game should now run successfully :)

Additional notes

• For some games you might get a ouput settings error,if you do thats the injected games fault and not the exploits.

• You have to run the han enabler every time you want to run a injected game after you reboot or turn off the console.

•Make sure you have your original act.dat backed up before you moddified it,just incase.

•When running one of the han exploit pages,if you want a better success rate,press triangle,go to the tools tab,look for home and set it to current page then press ok.Exit and reopen the webbrowser.

•Once you modify your act.dat file one time,you can leave it on your usb as it is to go along with other rif files you want to inject.

•Games from your own psn account (not backups) wont work with han enabler on,so a reboot is needed if you want to switch to normal mode to launch your own games.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
This should pretty much cover everything on the installation process of .pkgs.If im missing somthing let me know.

verg92

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ciao!

Is this tutorial also for ps3 backup ? Can you pls link me a (for dumb) guide for install the ps3 package?

thank you

D

Deleted User

OP
Don't you need to run the PS3 HAN ACT/RIF Copier BEFORE installing the pkg?
You can install signed pkg's before injecting the licenses actually but it works either way.Its just that you need to inject the act and rif file to get the game to launch.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should pretty much cover everything on the installation process of .pkgs.If im missing something let me know.
just a question, can we install official ps2 and ps1 classics packages from psndl with psxploit? or we can only install custom ones?, cause I've been trying to install them since yesterday but I always end up getting an error (80028F17), I've successfully installed some official ps3 games but I always have the same problem with any ps1/ps2 I'm trying to install and it's getting on my nerves.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can install signed pkg's before injecting the licenses actually but it works either way.Its just that you need to inject the act and rif file to get the game to launch.

Do you need to do that everytime you want to launch a different game?
I mean: let's say i want to install game1.pkg. I sign the pkg and upload the act and rif files back to the console. If i want to install game2.pkg, game1 will stop work (since I re-signed the act file to work with a second game)?

D

Deleted User

OP
just a question, can we install official ps2 and ps1 classics packages from psndl with psxploit? or we can only install custom ones?, cause I've been trying to install them since yesterday but I always end up getting an error (80028F17), I've successfully installed some official ps3 games but I always have the same problem with any ps1/ps2 I'm trying to install and it's getting on my nerves.
Yes the ones from there work.Ive tested both a ps2 and ps1 game.I might try more later.Did you make a second psn account account thats activated? Thats what i had to do to fix it.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the ones from there work.Ive tested both a ps2 and ps1 game.I might try more later.Did you make a second psn account account thats activated? Thats what i had to do to fix it.
yes, I opened a second account and activated it, did you follow the same process? (patching the pkg and act.dat)

D

Deleted User

OP
I mean: let's say i want to install game1.pkg. I sign the pkg and upload the act and rif files back to the console. If i want to install game2.pkg, game1 will stop work (since I re-signed the act file to work with a second game)?
Yes you need to dump your act.dat and idps every time you want to inject a new game since the licences are also connected to the act.dat,so you need to modify it each time you want to install a new game.As for "launching" it you need to make shure you have han enabler on after a reboot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes, I opened a second account and activated it, did you follow the same process? (patching the pkg and act.dat)
I did which is why i wrote this since this seems to be spot on with what works.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: lordkaos

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes you need to dump your act.dat and idps every time you want to inject a new game since the licences are also connected to the act.dat,so you need to modify it each time you want to install a new game.As for "launching" it you need to make shure you have han enabler on after a reboot.

I did which is why i wrote this since this seems to be spot on with what works.

Hmmm... now I get it. Thanks!

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
according to something i read in psx-place from one of the developers the act.dat just needs to be patched 1 time, afterwards you can always use the same file with a different .rif file of course.

Reactions: horokeusama

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
You are missing a couple of important points.

• The USB drive must be formatted to FAT32.
  • How to install games over 4GB (FAT32 remember) - use the package_link.xml method to host it locally
  • Do not delete the old act.dat file. Back it up.
  • Why do you keep saying to use USB0001? How do you know the person hasn't put it in a different slot?
  • You should mention that the page should be set to homepage -- far quicker and more reliable initialisation.

Last edited by wolfmankurd,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
according to something i read in psx-place from one of the developers the act.dat just needs to be patched 1 time, afterwards you can always use the same file with a different .rif file of course.
I see so basicly you dont have to modify your act.dat once its already modified,you just transfer over the rif file.Ill have to try that out then and see if it works.

You are missing a couple of important points.

• The USB drive must be formatted to FAT32.
  • How to install games over 4GB (FAT32 remember) - use the package_link.xml method to host it locally
  • Do not delete the old act.dat file. Back it up.
  • Why do you keep saying to use USB0001? How do you know the person hasn't put it in a different slot?
  • You should mention that the page should be set to homepage -- far quicker and more reliable initialisation.
Thanks ill re edit this when i can.I should include backing up the original act.dat for now.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see so basicly you dont have to modify your act.dat once its already modified,you just transfer over the rif file.Ill have to try that out then and see if it works.
i think the copier will always ask you for an act.dat to inject but it can always be the same patched file, there's no need to repeat the patch.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ciao!

Is this tutorial also for ps3 backup ? Can you pls link me a (for dumb) guide for install the ps3 package?

thank you
I havent tried them yet or bigger files for that matter but it should be nearly the same process.Ill update this guide once i figure it out.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice writeup, but it would be cool to have instructions on how to create the actual packages and files required for installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...