Hacking How to install AKAIO 1.6 RC2?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have your computer set to read hidden files? Try that. But there should also be a folder in there with all the firmware stuff. Just copy/paste everything from the rar file you downloaded to the root of your card. I'm pretty sure you can just swap out the loaders instead.

Juicii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I have nothing on my Micro SD card. I just formatted it Fat32.

I just got my flashcart today, but I don't know how to set up the MicroSD.

Can you help me set it up?

P.S. I'm using a DS Lite, not a DSi if that's any help.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always though WinRAR showed hidden files, if they're even hidden.

Your SD card should be fine as it is right now.

Download 1.6 RC2 here.

Drag/drop the _aio and akmenu4.nds files to the root of your SD card. You don't need the .txt files, they're just the change log and readme.

Download games from wherever (don't ask for links, it's against the rules!)

Put the games wherever. A "Games" folder is the most organized thing to do.

As of now, pretty much every game works, so no need to use funky booting methods or whatever.

Enjoy!

L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format your MicroSD card with the Panasonic SD formatter if you have not done so already. The windows formatter is not meant for MicroSD.

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=6027

Then, download the latest akAIO (1.6 RC2) here

http://normmatt.com/forum/download/file.php?id=75

Extract the RAR, and inside yous should find akmenu4.nds, and a folder "_aio"

Put both the "akmenu4.nds" and "_aio" folders onto the MicroSD.

Wait for the copying to finish, then eject the microSD and put it in your Acekard.

Would help to know what Acekard you bought, and whether or not it has a chip sticking out from the sticker.

If you got an Acekard 2.1, it may not work correctly, as there is a problem with them currently. If it is a clone, you will get a message stating so.

To put games, create a "Games" folder on the MicroSD, and put them in there. You will have to find said games on your own.

EDIT: Damn me and my slow typing

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
L551 said:
Format your MicroSD card with the Panasonic SD formatter if you have not done so already. The windows formatter is not meant for MicroSD.

Are there any cons to using the windows formatter? I've been using it for quite a while now, not knowing it wasn't meant for MicroSD's

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
5% said:
L551 said:
Are there any cons to using the windows formatter? I've been using it for quite a while now, not knowing it wasn't meant for MicroSD's
AFAIK - Not really - I've heard that the Windows Formatter doesn't "do it to the correct standards" - & sometimes because of this files can get corrupted by flashcards saving etc. I've never had any trouble at all until I swapped to the panasonic one just to be safe

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
5% said:
L551 said:
AFAIK - Not really - I've heard that the Windows Formatter doesn't "do it to the correct standards" - & sometimes because of this files can get corrupted by flashcards saving etc. I've never had any trouble at all until I swapped to the panasonic one just to be safe

Thanks. I'll be reformatting with the Panasonic SD formatter, to be on the safe side of things too
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE