How to install A9LH when already have CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robfozz, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Robfozz
    OP

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    I've decided to finally take the plunge and install A9LH because I don't wanna get left behind when it becomes the norm. Thing is, I've already got a USA N3DS on 9.2 sysNAND with reiNAND CFW on 10.7.

I've looked through the guides but cant really find the place to start for someone whos already done a majority of the steps and I dont want to accidentally repeat any unneeded steps (last time I did something like this, I deleted a .dbs file I didnt need to and lost save files for over 40 games). I also want to be able to take everything from my emuNAND into this new setup, because my sysNAND is a ghost town with nothing on it.

2. UrjitRajpaul

UrjitRajpaul Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2012
    okay i have the same issue. So the guide that is done here explains it well. https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki. basically every time they mention rednand, u can use your working emunand. good luck

3. Dentora

Dentora Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    Canada
    Just start at part 4 of Plailect's guide if you already have a working emunand and you should be fine.

4. Zech

Zech Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    how about you read the other thread first before creating a already been created thread for countless times now.

5. Johnal Khow

Johnal Khow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Manila
    Make sure you didn't make any twl modifications as it will interfere with the downgrading process.

6. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    Why do a9lh when reinand gives you everything you need?

Gesendet von meinem T1-A21w mit Tapatalk

7. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    because it is way more reassuring to have someone answer your exact concerns personally
    i made an edit to the op's post it now represents me as well

note to anyone who responds here: feel free treat me like a noob as long as you are helping me :P

Last edited by wormdood, Apr 9, 2016
    Johnal Khow likes this.
  8. SomeGamer

SomeGamer Within Hyrule Castle

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    You can run ReiNand with A9LH.

naddel81 likes this.
  9. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    ¿You mean something like TLW_firm or something? Because I have that in Emunand.

10. Zech

Zech Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    it's not about being reassured. Its about following the guidelines. This thread should be taken down. And if you read just read the other threads like i did, that with definitely assure you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@Veho

11. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    if a thread is not in the first two pages most people dont see it i know rules exist for a reason but so does common sense . . . simply telling the op to read helps no one.

how about instead of ignoring the real problem because of the method it was asked help the op or give him a link to the proper place to find the info he requires . . . or you can ignore this thread as you see it as wrong and because you probably should not involve in wrong doing

also
    its ageist the rules to double post
    please use the edit button (at the bottom left of your post)
    see how hard was that i helped inform you your wrong and how to solve it! instead of telling you to read

FTRBND likes this.
  12. Zech

Zech Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    wow! You've searched the section for just 2 pages? Just wow........ You've must have been blind to miss the search button. And fyi, i didn't double post. I hope you understand what DOUBLE means.

13. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Well that's silly why are you trying to attack me when I'm only trying to inform you of why someone would create a thread like this see if you notice I'm not the op this is not my thread so telling me that I've searched a total of 2 pages is totally silly to be honest

also FYI you posted 2 times in a row the content of the post is irrelevant the fact that you posted twice consecutively makes it a double post

side note you still have yet to contribute anything useful to this thread

edit: also you can ask any mod on this site they will tell you the gbatemp's search bar sucks at its job/life/& should be put down like old yeller

14. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    This thread is garbage full of people who are too mad to answer OP's question so they're nitpicking on things like creating a new thread or using the edit button.

15. wormdood

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    ? im not too mad to answer mad in fact i edited his question and noted that it reflects my situation as well (confused and in need of guidance) . . . but dont get me wrong i am indeed upset that ever sense al9h came out gbatemps been infected with smug-asshole-gitus . . . like your post adding to nothing but said "garbage" (what i mean is i see you nitpicking about bs post but not helping the op (or me) either)

16. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Never said I was helping either.
    Either way, /thread

17. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario
    So I am just gonna throw my two cents in here. I had CFW and 9.0.x sysnand already and started at step 4 as per the guide and had issues with it (see--> https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-downgrade-to-2-1-0-to-get-otp.419650/ ). What I did was just start with a new sd card from the beginning and it went like clockwork. After some later experimentation I believe there may be an issue that may be related to Gateway EmuNand and if you just create a new EmuNand with EmuNand9 there wont be any problem.

Edit: I believe it may be applicable only to 9.0.x SysNands as others have followed guide with 9.2.x from step 4 and succeeded....

Last edited by DayVeeBoi, Apr 9, 2016
  18. Johnal Khow

Johnal Khow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Manila
    Yup exactly that lol. Revert any changes you made.

19. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Only that? As I said before, I have the patched TWL_firm and GBA_firm in emunand, while I have them unpatched in sysnand. Or does it have to be both?

Last edited by MushGuy, Apr 11, 2016