Hacking How to install a 7+ browser for ninjhax to work? O3DS 4.1.0-6E

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried PBT-CFW. I couldn't get it to work. (
My last digit is a 6. I need at least a 7 to get a QR code for Cubic Ninja.
Anything else I could try?
Thanks )

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly went wrong with PBT?

Hi, I was following these directions and got stuck on Step 12. I don't get a BLUE screen flashing or whatever.
I think the OP may have got fed up with all my questions and deserted me, lol :/

1. Make sure your 3DS is configured to connect to the internet properly before going any further. Write down the LAN IP of your 3ds for later.
  2. Copy the Rop Multiloader to your DS mode flashcart. Launch the Rop Multiloader rom from your cart and select "Gateway 4x"
  3. Copy the Gateway Launcher.dat to your SD card, and load it with the usual exploit. Select "Nand Backup".
  4. When it finishes, copy the nand.bin from your SD card to your computer.
  5. If you have not already done so, boot the Gateway Launcher and select "Format Emunand". Be careful, as this will erase all the files on your SD card.
  6. On your SD card navigate to "sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/<id1>/dbs/". Create two files in this folder named title.db and import.db . Put the SD card back in your 3ds and go to System Settings, and attempt to manage the SD software. Let the 3DS do its repair process.
  7. Mount your SD card on your computer. Make a backup of the card with Win32DiskImager.
  8. Open Hex Workshop as administrator. Select Disk-> Open Drive. Choose "All" from the drop down menu and select the disk with the size matching your SD card. Once opened, the very beginning should say "GATEWAYNAND"
  9. Choose Disk->Restore Sectors and select your saved nand.bin. Change "Starting Sector" to be "1".
  10. Now that that is finished, your SD is ready to launch the CFW. Copy the contents of the folder "SD Card" folder to your SD card. **Replace the boot.bin from the one in the guide with the one from PBT**
  11. Launch the "Rop Multiloader" from your DS cart again. This time select "Homebrew 4x".
  12. Finally launch the exploit the usual way, and make sure to hold down the L Button. it may take as many as 10 tries to work, but don't give up. You will know it worked when the screen flashes *BLUE* white then black for a second.
  13. Download "DevMenu_2x.cia" and put it in the "Palantine CFW" folder.
  14. On your computer, in the CFW files, edit run.bat and replace "IPTOMODIFY" with the IP of your 3DS, and then run it by double clicking it. This will try to install the DevMenu onto your device.
  15. Reboot your 3DS and launch the CFW again. If it worked you will see a present on the homescreen.
  16. Congrats! You have installed a CFW to your 3DS!
Once you reboot your 3ds you can now replace the launcher.dat from the PBT with pasta. Once you boot into pasta and have access to the dev menu you can now install BBM or any other cia you want

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was following these directions and got stuck on Step 12. I don't get a BLUE screen flashing or whatever.
I think the OP may have got fed up with all my questions and deserted me, lol :/

I didn't get fed up I just have a life outside GBAtemp.

Did you replace the file on the root of the sd card with PBT? Are you holding the L trigger button and then clicking ds profile? It may take 10+ tries to get it to work but it will eventually boot you into cfw system nand

Reactions: Margen67

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get fed up I just have a life outside GBAtemp.

Did you replace the file on the root of the sd card with PBT? Are you holding the L trigger button and then clicking ds profile? It may take 10+ tries to get it to work but it will eventually boot you into cfw system nand

I was just kidding. I think I didn't know what the "usual way" was. Was holding L when loading Homebrew 4.x in Rop Multiloader, lol. Trying now again.

Ok it flashed blue black and white and went back to home screen. is that right now? ty

I'm guessing so, progress at last...

Last edited by FirstLady,

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just kidding. I think I didn't know what the "usual way" was. Was holding L when loading Homebrew 4.x in Rop Multiloader, lol. Trying now again.

Ok it flashed blue black and white and went back to home screen. is that right now? ty

I'm guessing so, progress at last...
If it flashed blue then white, and it didn't freeze your console and sent you to home screen.. that is PBT CFW (So, you got in)

As for the browser thing, install the browser from 4.x, not from 9.x
When i used a browser from 9.x Ninjhax wouldn't work at all

Reactions: FirstLady

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it flashed blue then white, and it didn't freeze your console and sent you to home screen.. that is PBT CFW (So, you got in)

As for the browser thing, install the browser from 4.x, not from 9.x
When i used a browser from 9.x Ninjhax wouldn't work at all

Thanks, I'll do that, but now I'm getting a MSVCR110.dll missing error now on my PC when i try install devmenu. Need to sort that out first :/

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I'll do that, but now I'm getting a MSVCR110.dll missing error now on my PC when i try install devmenu. Need to sort that out first :/

After you have successfully installed devmenu, use the launcher.dat version of pasta, it has a much better boot success rate (because you saw how many times PBT froze for you)

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
After you have successfully installed devmenu, use the launcher.dat version of pasta, it has a much better boot success rate (because you saw how many times PBT froze for you)

Exactly then you can use sysupdate to 9.2 and enjoy all the benefits of pasta cfw

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Now you can use pasta mset launcher to load the cfw. Now download sysupdate and all the 9.2.0-20x to a folder called updates. Once on 9.2 use cubic ninja to run ninjahax and load 9.2 cfw

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: if that doesn't work try to boot it under gateway 4.x launcher. I have a feeling it might fix it

Yay, that worked :)

Can I use sysupdater now? I'm not in sysNAND Gateway mode now am I, after using Gateway 4.x launcher? Thank you very much.
Btw. you're a genius xD

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load roploader and install the 4.x home brew exploit again

Edit: if that doesn't work try to boot it under gateway 4.x launcher. I have a feeling it might fix it

It worked Ronhero. I updated to 9.0.0-20E successfully.

Thanks you for all your time and patience. Very kind of you *so happy now* no bricks xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol