Hacking How to Install 6.20 OFW on PSPGO

Dexxxter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes yes, I know there are plenty of threads on here that address this question. The sticky seems helpful, but I'm missing some key info. Bear with me.

Just got a GO, came with 5.70 on it. Downloaded 6.20 as well as 620 Pro B5. How do I now upgrade to 6.20 (have the eboot.pbp file) and then use the B5 file?

I come from the pandora age, so I'm a bit lost. Thanks in advance!

tenko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hook up your PSPGO to your computer with the USB connector. Turn on the PSPGO--if it doesn't automatically enter USB mode, select "USB Connection" from Settings.

Make a folder called "UPDATE" (without the quotes) in PSP/GAME. Put the EBOOT.PBP file there. Next, from the softmod guide: Copy 620PRO_Permanent, PROUPDATE and FastRecovery folder to PSP/GAME. You will now have four folders in PSP/GAME. Stop USB mode.

Now on your PSPGO, the 6.20 OFW update should show up under Game -> System Storage. Run it. After that's done, run the 620 PRO-B UPDATE Program (not the Fast Recovery or Permanent Patch). Follow the steps.

After the system resets, check your system settings to see what your motherboard info is. If it's in the range of 01g-05g inclusive, feel free to run the Permanent Patch (first 'X' then 'O'). Otherwise, just run the Fast Recovery every time you turn on the PSPGO (after turning it completely off, as opposed to putting it in sleep mode).

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenko said:
Hook up your PSPGO to your computer with the USB connector. Turn on the PSPGO--if it doesn't automatically enter USB mode, select "USB Connection" from Settings.

Make a folder called "UPDATE" (without the quotes) in PSP/GAME. Put the EBOOT.PBP file there. Next, from the softmod guide: Copy 620PRO_Permanent, PROUPDATE and FastRecovery folder to PSP/GAME. You will now have four folders in PSP/GAME. Stop USB mode.

Now on your PSPGO, the 6.20 OFW update should show up under Game -> System Storage. Run it. After that's done, run the 620 PRO-B UPDATE Program (not the Fast Recovery or Permanent Patch). Follow the steps.

After the system resets, check your system settings to see what your motherboard info is. If it's in the range of 01g-05g inclusive, feel free to run the Permanent Patch (first 'X' then 'O'). Otherwise, just run the Fast Recovery every time you turn on the PSPGO (after turning it completely off, as opposed to putting it in sleep mode).

One thing you have to be careful of is that the go uses a different version of firmware technically so make sure that 620 you have is compatible with the go..

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/2010

Download this version just to be sure and follow this guys instructions....

Run the 620 update... run the pro5 and then permapatch it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs