Hacking How to install >4GB nsp games on lower firmwares?

suzsuzuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi I want to install Mario Odyssey but it has 5GB and I'm on 4.1 FW with a FAT32 card. Do I need to split the file? I'm using ReiNX with Sig Patch

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting to see another person that hasn't updated to latest yet. Not bashing it but I'm curious as to what your looking forward to that keeps you on that firmware?
Coldboot. that's why i'm on 1.0.0 which is a bummer as there is no way to get exfat on 1.0.0

Reactions: Don Jon

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting to see another person that hasn't updated to latest yet. Not bashing it but I'm curious as to what your looking forward to that keeps you on that firmware?
Your question is towards OP, but I've got 2 Switches on 3.0 and 4.1 that are both waiting for the warmboot softmods to come out or EmuNAND. Since we can update without burning fuses, I think the only reason people aren't updating it because they are intimidated by that tutorial.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your question is towards OP, but I've got 2 Switches on 3.0 and 4.1 that are both waiting for the warmboot softmods to come out or EmuNAND. Since we can update without burning fuses, I think the only reason people aren't updating it because they are intimidated by that tutorial.
Coldboot. that's why i'm on 1.0.0 which is a bummer as there is no way to get exfat on 1.0.0

True, I can agree with that since booting without having to send a payload each time would be nice. Though I updated for the games XD

Reactions: charlieb

Frankbel

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is even more interesting that a lot of people have their switches still unopened. As I do.

suzsuzuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Exactly @SciresM recommend to stay on lower fw. It seems DejaVu only works on 4.1 and below and it needs for coldboot.

Reactions: charlieb

suzsuzuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm only concerned that if there's an update like 5.2 that breaks everthing, I will need to fallow a long tutorial to update without burning fuses to 5.1 and still using sig patches

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my sx-os switch on 4.1 that i use to play xci's and my devmenu switch on 5.1 that i use to play nsp's
i'm keeping 1 switch on 4.1 for future atmosphere warmboot or maybe coldboot eventually.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only concerned that if there's an update like 5.2 that breaks everthing, I will need to fallow a long tutorial to update without burning fuses to 5.1 and still using sig patches
No matter what update nintendo does it wont fix the exploit as its before horizon even boots and its read only no software can patch it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly @SciresM recommend to stay on lower fw. It seems DejaVu only works on 4.1 and below and it needs for coldboot.
Deja Vu is a warmboot, not a coldboot because it is run through the hidden web browser meaning the console already has to be on. Coldboot is possible up to 3.0.1 but has not been achieved to his knowledge (he has a bounty set up for it).

Reactions: Itsblaze302

suzsuzuki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have my sx-os switch on 4.1 that i use to play xci's and my devmenu switch on 5.1 that i use to play nsp's
i'm keeping 1 switch on 4.1 for future atmosphere warmboot or maybe coldboot eventually.
I cant afford 2 switches, here each is like $500
Deja Vu is a warmboot, not a coldboot because it is run through the hidden web browser meaning the console already has to be on. Coldboot is possible up to 3.0.1 but has not been achieved to his knowledge (he has a bounty set up for it).
Warmboot for me is ok, since it's like my WiiU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse