Gaming How to inject my ACNL backup?

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've backed up my cart version of ACNL and edited some things with the save editor and have the edited garden.dat. What's required to inject it into the .cia I've installed on my emuNAND? I tried it the same way I did with MH4U through savedatafiler.cia, but it opened the game and said 'move in' etc, no option to jump back in like normal.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I did this last week, transffer save from ACNL gamecart to bought ACNL eShop game on my kids N3DSXL (yeah i bought it digital before we could install legit cia's to 10.3 :P ),
(It's an Animal Crossing - Happy Home Designer N3DSXL edition, so i tought why not have it all digital on there, but i liked to keep the save also on the gamecart and so the official transffer app was no option cause it wipes the save from the cart after transffer)

Needed Stuff
- SVDT (Homebrew to dump save)
or
- Save Data Manager (Homebrew to dump save)
- Secure Value patcher (Needed to fix Secure Value so it doesn't say corrupt when you start ACNL)

First play your cia installed animall crossing till yo can save, dump that save with save data manager or svtd put that save (all files) in a folder called "good save"
place your hacked garden.dat from your ACNL gamecart + all other files in another folder called "hacked save"

- Now start secure value patcher and load your cia dumped save (garden.dat) with the tab "Good latest Save" from the folder "good save"
- load your hacked save (garden.dat) with the tab "Corrupt old save"
- Start "Use Secure Value File" and select Animal Crossing
- leave "backup old save" on
- Click Fix

It will backup your garden.dat and fix the secure value.

Now copy all those files from folder "hacked save" (You can ignore the *.bak file) to your sd in the correct folder (depends on what you used)
and import it in your Cia animal crossing (take out your animal crossing game cart first so you don't restore to there)

Stat ACNL and you should be good to go with your gamecart save on your cia installed game

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: xfxmrl and xChryma

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
First play your cia installed animall crossing till yo can save, dump that save with save data manager or svtd put that save (all files) in a folder called "good save"
When I load up svdt the only option is download play, how do I select the installed .cia on ACNL?

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
How do you boot svdt? (hombrew launcher or as cia from emunand)
I think for injecting it you need to boot the installed cia version from emunand, then you can browse throu your installed cia games (and legit games)

Well I got svdt and booted through homebrew, the one I've used previously is SaveDataFiler.cia. I've only ever used the extracting from CTR Card on SaveDataFiler.cia though. I'm not sure where to look so I can select the .cia of ACNL that's installed to my emuNAND.

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
SaveDatafiler.cia = svdt

The one I launch through HBL is colourful and the .cia one I have is like white/yellow. Where could I possibly find and select the installation/save of the .cia I made of ACNL just then?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The one I launch through HBL is colourful and the .cia one I have is like white/yellow. Where could I possibly find and select the installation/save of the .cia I made of ACNL just then?
When you download latest svdt (from the link in my first post, it includes a cia, install dat it will have a SaveDataFiller icon
With svdt, you can make any folder and place your fixed hacked ACNL save file sin there since you can browse in svdt

If you can wait, i have to transffer the save to another 2DS to, then i will take pictures and try to post them here later tonight (my time 13:36h now here, so it's around my time 22:00h or a bit later i will do it)

Last edited by DjoeN,

xChryma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
have to look it up when i'm home, but savedatafiller looks the same, guess it's what i used, but like said if you can wait i'll put up some pictures later tonight

Yeah, thats ok. Right now I just saved on the ACNL.cia and I'm just stuck at trying to find where I have to go once I'm in SaveDataFiler.cia (the one with User|EXT|SD at the top) to find the ACNL save so I can press Y and back it up. I've got about 15 different game .cia's installed so I have no idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free