Hacking How to inject homebrew .dols into .isos?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I finally got Sam & Max, and i have an idea how to get it to work, but for this i need to burn a modified copy with an injected .dol. Trucha Signer is a total failure for this, it even changes the size of the .dol. I tried WiiScrubber and a .dol with exact the same size as the original .dol, but the result i got is:
In the disc channel, the disc keeps spinning and the Wii is actually crashed, i can move around, but when i start the HBC it freezes. And when i try to start it with SoftChip(i need to start it from the disc channel), then i get a buffer alignment error.

Something interesting:
I accidentally used a makefile from a .dol loader and when i try to start the disc in SoftChip i get:
APPLOADER ERROR >>> One of the sections in the dol file exceeded its boundary. All the sections should not exceed 0x80900000 (production mode)
From the apploader! Nice to know this limitation for game .dols, even if it's quite useless.

So can anyone give me a hint how i can inject my .dol into the disc and start it from the disc channel?

PS: I forgot to mention that i changed the entrypoint to the same as the original .dol uses(0x80006124)
PPS: Lol, WiiScrubber reduces the size of the .dol too, but is able to extract the correct file. If i open the .iso with trucha signer, i see that a few bytes are cropped.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i did ths awhile ago swapping the main dol with mahjongg wii using wiiscrubber but only tried it in the usb loader i changed the game disc id also but cant remember what i used as a base ill see if i can find the thread

Edit just found the thread i never mentioned the base i used but it would have been something small like wii chess or gayfish ill redump the iso off my usb and see whats inside to find what i used
i know my original plan was to use the hbc iso

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great! Even if i save the decrypted partition and replace the main.dol with a hexeditor, trucha signer still shows the wrong size of the .dol. I guess Sam & Max does something non standard and causes this. Maybe the problem backup loders have, is the same i have when trying to replace the .dol.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure, but its very simple changing the main.dol from a iso. (last wiiscrubber) However... homebrew dols in general, make calls to SD and if some file are missing use to give a code dump. May be that could be the problem.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It doesn't get to the point of being executed. The disc channel keeps spinning forever and SoftChip shows an error before starting the disc. Somehow injecting the other .dol kills the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.