How to import pokemon from Gen 5 to Gen 6 without Poke Transporter?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by godstriker8, May 21, 2016.

1. godstriker8
    OP

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    Id rather not spend the money since transitioning between gens was generally free before.

2. G25900

G25900 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    You're not really paying to transport up, you're paying the sub for the Bank service, which at $5 a year isn't exactly expensive, it's a useful thing to have, loads of extra storage and it's going to be used for all gens going forward, as well as transferring Gen 1 from the VC games.

You can do a more convulated way of doing it using Pokegen and PKHex.

If you really don't want to pay for bank then you're going to need a way to back up your Gen 5 saves, if it's retail cart then either a save dongle or a DS console and DS homebrew running on a flash card and a slot 2 cartridge or find a guide for WiFi back up, either way you'll need a DS flash card and console, if you're running it on a flash card than just copy the save off. You're also going to need 3DS homebrew to back up your Gen 6 save.

Unless you have the things already to do it it would actually be cheaper to just buy a sub to bank.

Then you need to back up each Pokémon to a pkm file using pokegen, then use PKHex to import them all in to your Gen 6 save.

Last edited by G25900, May 21, 2016
  3. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Pokegen and pkhex.

4. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
  5. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    You don't even need pokegen anymore, just drop your gen4/5 save files on pkhex and it can dump/transport them for you.

Obtain your save files with the above homebrew method and inject to your g6 save.

6. G25900

G25900 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    Wow, can't believed I missed that existed, much easier than the old methods.

Returnofganon likes this.
  7. Returnofganon

Returnofganon I pretend like I know what I'm talking about

Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    I know right? I use it all the time in case I want to dick around with the void in pokemon pearl.

8. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    True. Pkhex now dump pkm file :D previous gens and converto no 6 gen