Tutorial How to have SEPARATE ATMOSPHERE AND SXOS EMUNAND HIDDEN PARTITIONS ON THE SAME SD TUTORIAL!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good idea. I forget what their website address was now though lol

I already have one payload.bin of theirs, but I think that was just to inject the license code or something. And of course I have the latest boot.dat file.

Update: found it
SX Loader 1.0 (payload.bin) is what I already had (from TegraRcmGUI)

Launching from latest Hekate, just goes back to Hekate
Interesting for sure. I just downloaded 1.0 payload.bin from the archive site again and then ftp'd the one from my switch. Dates are different obviously, however, the sizes and checksums are identical.

1651434255949.png

You absolutely have the right file!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is that basically swapping boot.dat files around or something?

I leave the boot.dat alone. I’m on a V1 Erista so basically just boot into Hekate for everything and let Hekate direct to the desired option on the fly. My fastCFWSwitch can boot into the Hekate UMS modes and it can also abort the autoboot and stop dead in Hekate and wait for you to chose an option.

[CFWS]
type=section
name=CFW

[ATMOSPHERE]
name=atmosphere
path=/bootloader/update.bin
bootId=atmo

[SXOS]
name=sxos
bootId=sxos

[LAKKA]
name=lakka
bootId=lakk

[ANDROID]
name=android
bootId=andr

[L4T]
name=ubuntu
bootId=ubun

[SYSNAND]
name=sysnand
bootId=sysn

[TOOLS]
type=section
name=TOOLS

[HEKATE]
name=hekate
bootId=dead

[LOCKPICKRCM]
name=lockpick
path=/bootloader/payloads/Lockpick_RCM.bin

[CPR]
name=CPR
path=/bootloader/payloads/CommonProblemResolver.bin

[UMS]
type=section
name=UMS

[SD_CARD]
name=SD
ums = sd

[EMMC_BOOT_0]
name=EMMC BOOT 0
ums = emmc_boot0

[EMMC_BOOT_1]
name=EMMC BOOT 1
ums = emmc_boot1

[EMMC_GPT]
name=EMMC GPT
ums = emmc_gpt

[EMU_BOOT_0]
name=EMU BOOT 0
ums = emu_boot0

[EMU_BOOT_1]
name=EMU BOOT 1
ums = emu_boot1

[EMU_GPT]
name=EMU GPT
ums = emu_gpt

[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
backlight=55
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
emummcforce=1
kip1=atmosphere/kip_patches/*
logopath=/graphics/splash/atmosphere.bmp
icon=/graphics/icons/current/atmosphere.bmp
id=atmo

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=/graphics/icons/current/stock.bmp
id=sysn

[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin
logopath=/graphics/splash/sxos.bmp
icon=/graphics/icons/current/icon_sxos.bmp
id=sxos

Here are the other boot options I have under More Configs in Hekate. Hekate dutifully boots any option and I can boot from Atmosphere to SXOS and from SXOS to Atmosphere (or any other option for that matter) without any issues. I wish L4T and Android could boot fastCFWSwitch instead of just default back to Hekate but that’s really minor issue.

9CF7D448-D56C-4F84-A773-E579E316451E.jpeg

Last edited by binkinator,

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I leave the boot.dat alone. I’m on a V1 Erista so basically just boot into Hekate for everything and let Hekate direct to the desired option on the fly.
What I'm failing to grasp is how sxos payload can launch its corresponding boot.dat, when it was replaced with Hekate payload (boot.dat)

Are you injecting Hekate another way? I'm just using a boot.dat on SD root with my SX Pro dongle and AutoRCM. I'm probably missing something completely obvious here, but keep getting stuck.

Edit: Technically my boot.dat points to whatever payload is set in boot.ini

Last edited by simbin,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm failing to grasp is how sxos payload can launch its corresponding boot.dat, when it was replaced with Hekate payload (boot.dat)

Are you injecting Hekate another way? I'm just using a boot.dat on SD root with my SX Pro dongle and AutoRCM. I'm probably missing something completely obvious here, but keep getting stuck.
That’s the delta. I‘m not using an SX Pro dongle.

I can inject Hekate directly from my RCMLoader (I’m actually using a Trinket M0 soldered into the back of my Switch but it’s the same difference.)

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s the delta. I‘m not using an SX Pro dongle.

I can inject Hekate directly from my RCMLoader (I’m actually using a Trinket M0 soldered into the back of my Switch but it’s the same difference.)
Thanks, think I got it now. I can just inject Hekate payload from Tegra or ideally a replacement dongle like RCMLoader.. leaving sxos boot.dat the same on my SD card.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

mikefor20

We
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, think I got it now. I can just inject Hekate payload from Tegra or ideally a replacement dongle like RCMLoader.. leaving sxos boot.dat the same on my SD card.

You can use hekate, fastcfwswitch or argonnx.
With your pro dongle just boot ArgonNX converted to a boot.dat. then use fastcfwswitch to swap between the two.

mikefor20

We
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: Technically my boot.dat points to whatever payload is set in boot.ini

Did you see the custom boot.dat files? There's one to boot hekate or ArgonNX

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you see the custom boot.dat files? There's one to boot hekate or ArgonNX
Thanks, didn't know about ArgonNX.

How do you get it to boot SXOS from an SX Pro dongle if the boot.dat is custom Hekate or ArgonNX?
I found this on the ArgonNX github lol
That last snarky remark.. so typical

Compatibility​

This payload will chainload any CFW or payload.

Some users reported issuses when chainloading SX OS. But with Atmosphere out there... who wants SXOS? 🙄

mikefor20

We
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, didn't know about ArgonNX.

I found this on the ArgonNX github lol
That last snarky remark.. so typical

ArgonNX works great to launch SX and Atmo. Just make sure the ini has the correct paths.

I don't personally use ArgonNX anymore. Everything is set to boot atmosphere. IF I want to boot SX I use fastcfwswitch to quickly switch over to sx. I boot hekate,lakka,linux and switchroot through fastcfwswitch as well,among other things. I have fake news as well if i turn off autoRCM. My sx dongle boots atmosphere. I also have a dragon injector. It points to reboot_payload. That way its always up to date and it boots atmo.

Urakidany

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So I tried to make this good for a noob. I tried to cover the most common permutation but in reality this can be tweaked for lots of reasons. Going from SXOS to Atmo and making new EmuNANDS, Converting Atmosphere EmuNAND to SXOS EmuNAND. Shrinking Atmospheres EmuNAND. etc etc. If you need help with something like that let me know. I will always try if I have time.
Thanks for the awesome guide. Because of my bad English and lack of knowledge, I have some problem with the atmosphere hidden partition, Should I put it in the not formatted 29,2 giga partition on the SD card? I have problem with EmuTool in that process

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How would I set this up for Atmosphere, Linux, SXOS, & and Android? Manually creating all the partitions was nightmare before Hekate added the ability to create them with it's partition manager. If it's easier, having a partition based atmosphere EmuNAND and a file based SXOS EmuNAND are both perfectly okay.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I set this up for Atmosphere, Linux, SXOS, & and Android? Manually creating all the partitions was nightmare before Hekate added the ability to create them with it's partition manager. If it's easier, having a partition based atmosphere EmuNAND and a file based SXOS EmuNAND are both perfectly okay.

disclaimer: Files based emunand is susceptible to file system corruption. Partition based emunands, while on the same sd card, are isolated from the file system.

I did this and the issue I ran into was that SXOS requires that its emunand partition be the first partiton on the sdcard. This is fine if you have Atmos and SXOS dual boot because you only need three partitions (Atmos and SXOS emunand partitions on the ends and fat32 in the middle). This all works using MBR. You can even add L4T without any issues…however, when you add Android, it requires another 1/2 dozen partitions, which requires you to use GPT and GPT uses some of the initial sd card range that SXOS uses for its Emunand so the Header corrupts the partition and SXOS won’t boot anymore. I ”solved” this by running SXOS using a shrunken files based Emunand. I only use SXOS to run mounted XCIs so the need to write to disk (and therefore the risk of corruption) is greatly reduced. Since I don’t install anything, if I lose it all, I don’t have to recover anything anyway so it’s all good…in my mind.

I’m open to suggestions if anyone has worked out a way around this…nit saying it can‘s be done…just wasn’t done by me.

Last edited by binkinator,

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So file based for SX OS is the way to go? That's what I thought, too much at play on a single SD Card, I remember before Hekate introduced the Partition Manager I had to use this Linux script that barely worked in order to get Linux, Android, EmuNAND, and Lakka all working at once. I would hate to have to do anything like that again, so just using a file partition saves me the headache, and cost vs risk isn't too bad. Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DEMONGreninjaPG @ DEMONGreninjaPG: sonic wants dat ass