Tutorial How to have SEPARATE ATMOSPHERE AND SXOS EMUNAND HIDDEN PARTITIONS ON THE SAME SD TUTORIAL!

HiJames219

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mike, you should mention in CAPSLOCK that some of your tutorial doesn't work on MARIKO Switch. I did my research as well and with SYSNAND 13.0.0, no SXOS could be run via Emunand.

Everything up to the "Extras" can be done on Mariko switch,
there's no need to update your sysnand & you're correct you can't go above 11.1 I believe,
My SXos is still 10.2 & I upgraded the Atmosphere to 13.1 & it all works fine - this is a great guide.

I practiced first on an old SD & it was fine, the new card didn't work with EmuTool for the second bin transfer so I had to use DD to transfer the bin over, there's tutorials on this site for doing that too.
You'll need some homebrew app to change the boot file between the SXos one & the SXtools one to change which OS boots.

So I ended up using this guide plus another tool to change region on my China Tencent switch from Chinese (cannot change language) then after changing region I could change the language to English.

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything up to the "Extras" can be done on Mariko switch,
there's no need to update your sysnand & you're correct you can't go above 11.1 I believe,
My SXos is still 10.2 & I upgraded the Atmosphere to 13.1 & it all works fine - this is a great guide.

I practiced first on an old SD & it was fine, the new card didn't work with EmuTool for the second bin transfer so I had to use DD to transfer the bin over, there's tutorials on this site for doing that too.
You'll need some homebrew app to change the boot file between the SXos one & the SXtools one to change which OS boots.

So I ended up using this guide plus another tool to change region on my China Tencent switch from Chinese (cannot change language) then after changing region I could change the language to English.

ArgonNX was recently updated for Marikos. Try it for multiboot. Don't know about tencent. Perhaps you can try it and let me know!

Thanks for the feedback all. I will add any pertinent information when can!

Reactions: Maupiti

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I didnt know that, thankyou! Then I will definitely do that!
Oh right. Extending the FAT32 partition is not so simple when you have an emuNAND at the end of the card. It would be easiest to back up the second (Atmo) emuNAND and do a full clone of the card, delete the second (Atmo) emuNAND and recreate it after extending the FAT32 partition then flash the backup.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh right. Extending the FAT32 partition is not so simple when you have an emuNAND at the end of the card. It would be easiest to back up the second (Atmo) emuNAND and do a full clone of the card, delete the second (Atmo) emuNAND and recreate it after extending the FAT32 partition then flash the backup.
If the target sd is bigger than the original one, the unallocated space should be just
after the last hidden partition (atmosphere).
Fix raw in Hekate will need to be done, as the offset will change.
So probably not easy to resize.
Never tried.., I will give a “shot” when I have time. 😉
Not sure free tools can let you move partitions over the sd without data loss 🤔

Last edited by Maupiti,

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had file based partitions of sxos and atmosphere on my old micro sd card that was in exfat. I used the lock pick rcm from hekate to extract the keys and prod keys on that sd card. I then placed both keys.dat and prod.keys in nxnandmanager directory. I got a new microsd card and formatted to fat32 using Rufus. I placed the sxos boot.dat and license file on that new SD card. Created a hidden sxos partition. Boots up ok. I then placed that sd card into my pc and loaded/configured the keys file within nxnandmanager. I then created a full emunand backup using nxnandmanager. When I reload that emunandbackup for resizing I get a keys error as shown. Can you please help.

Attachments

• 20211123_212248.jpg
    20211123_212248.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had file based partitions of sxos and atmosphere on my old micro sd card that was in exfat. I used the lock pick rcm from hekate to extract the keys and prod keys on that sd card. I then placed both keys.dat and prod.keys in nxnandmanager directory. I got a new microsd card and formatted to fat32 using Rufus. I placed the sxos boot.dat and license file on that new SD card. Created a hidden sxos partition. Boots up ok. I then placed that sd card into my pc and loaded/configured the keys file within nxnandmanager. I then created a full emunand backup using nxnandmanager. When I reload that emunandbackup for resizing I get a keys error as shown. Can you please help.
You’re keys files were probably extracted from sysnand, and not your current EmuMMC/Emunand. (If firmwares are different, that’s why you get this error).

You should run Lockpick_Rcm payload injecting it directly (trough dongle or pc) without going on Hekate first.

Reactions: mikefor20

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok can I place the lock pick payload into bootloader folder on the new SD card and load sxos and click payload and load the lock pick payload from there? I read that chain loading the lock pick from sxos hangs. I dont have sxos emunand hidden partition on the old sd card only a file based sxos and on the new SD I have created the emunand partition but don't have hekate on it yet as I am going through the tutorial from top to bottom

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i used tegrarcmgui and injected lockpick rcm using a usbc/usba cable and a jig, your right i only can select dump from sysnand. Dump from emunand is greyed out, I have created a hidden sxos partition on this a few days ago.
How can I dump the emunand prod keys?

Attachments

• 20211123_230434.jpg
    20211123_230434.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok can I place the lock pick payload into bootloader folder on the new SD card and load sxos and click payload and load the lock pick payload from there? I read that chain loading the lock pick from sxos hangs. I dont have sxos emunand hidden partition on the old sd card only a file based sxos and on the new SD I have created the emunand partition but don't have hekate on it yet as I am going through the tutorial from top to bottom
do as @mikefor20 said, with your old sd card in your switch, inject Lockpick_Rcm payload via TegraRcmgui, choose emunand in the menu, it should retrieve the right keys. Then proceed with the guide.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok i used tegrarcmgui and injected lockpick rcm using a usbc/usba cable and a jig, your right i only can select dump from sysnand. Dump from emunand is greyed out, I have created a hidden sxos partition on this a few days ago.
How can I dump the emunand prod keys?
do you mean you created your hidden sxos emunand on your old sd ? or the new one ?

Last edited by Maupiti,

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I created the hidden sxos emunand partition on the new sd card (does not have any atmosphere files on it) I had previously loaded the lockpick rcm payload using hekate on the old sd card and extracted the prod keys. The old sd card had file based emunand of sxos and atmosphere/hekate.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I created the hidden sxos emunand partition on the new sd card (does not have any atmosphere files on it) I had previously loaded the lockpick rcm payload using hekate on the old sd card and extracted the prod keys. The old sd card had file based emunand of sxos and atmosphere/hekate.
ok so, do a backup of your "old files based emunand" on a folder on your desktop.
Run Emutool, (administrator mode) ,convert Sxos files based emunand to Sxos hidden (on your new sd as target), from there run Lockpick_Rcm via tegra with your new sd card, you shoud be able to retrieve the right keys.

Your new hidden partition on your new sd card was created from your sysnand, wiitch is obviously different from your old files based emunand on your old sd card.

i'm not sure that Lockpick_Rcm can retrieve keys from a files based emunand. that's why it's greayed

Last edited by Maupiti,

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried with the old sd card and dump to emunand within lockpick rcm is also greyed out.
I checked another post and it stated for lockpick to dump the keys from a sxos hidden partition to include a emummc folder with a ini file inside as well as a sept folder.
I will add these to the new sd card and try lockpick.
Just purchasing a new sd card reader as my old one just crapped itself.

Is the sept folder taken from the atmosphere files?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211123-234554_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-234554_Chrome.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20211123-234614_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211123-234614_Chrome.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by KingManu23,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried with the old sd card and dump to emunand within lockpick rcm is also greyed out.
I checked another post and it stated for lockpick to dump the keys from a sxos hidden partition to include a emummc folder with a ini file inside as well as a sept folder.

Is the sept folder taken from the atmosphere files?
new Lockpick_Rcm payload doesn't need sept anymore I think, check my previous post I edited.

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so, do a backup of your "old files based emunand" on a folder on your desktop.
Run Emutool, (administrator mode) ,convert Sxos files based emunand to Sxos hidden (on your new sd as target), from there run Lockpick_Rcm via tegra with your new sd card, you shoud be able to retrieve the right keys.

Your new hidden partition on your new sd card was created from your sysnand, wiitch is obviously different from your old files based emunand on your old sd card.

i'm not sure that Lockpick_Rcm can retrieve keys from a files based emunand. that's why it's greayed

Ok i will try this later in the week when I get a new sd card reader. I already have a backup of my old sd card on my pc by just drag/dropping everything to a backup folder, (Also includes atmosphere files)
So on the new SD card all I had done was format it to fat32, grabbed the boot.bin (sxos 3.1) and license.dat from the old SD card and placed those on the root of the new SD card and booted into SXOS using the SXOS Pro dongle and jig and created a sxos hidden partition. It stated emunand enabled and works ok. But lockpick had the dump to emunand disabled when trying to grab the keys.

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys got it all working and updated atmosphere to 13.1 and sxos on 11
Used tegrarcmgui to get the prodkeys after adding the emummc ini file. imported into nxnandmanager and that time keys were successful. you were right the first time i used lockpick it was the sysnand keys and not emunand.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks guys got it all working and updated atmosphere to 13.1 and sxos on 11
Used tegrarcmgui to get the prodkeys after adding the emummc ini file. imported into nxnandmanager and that time keys were successful. you were right the first time i used lockpick it was the sysnand keys and not emunand.
Really happy you got it working…😉

I want to let know to others, that @mikefor20 or me , will always try to help with this guide, as both, are « quite involved « , for providing a guide useful for people wanting to do this setup.

In the “to do”, still have to figure an “easy “ way to move the setup to a larger sd card, with free tools available, without running all the steps.

A “free hassle “ with as less “swapping sd card “ from switch as possible .

Last edited by Maupiti,
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: You should I'll have the news on