Tutorial How to have SEPARATE ATMOSPHERE AND SXOS EMUNAND HIDDEN PARTITIONS ON THE SAME SD TUTORIAL!

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How

Figure it out?
No. Using EmuTool in admin mode I try to select sxos hidden partition on my I: drive which contains my SXOS setup with hidden emunand on the SD as the source. No drives show up. If I select "show all drives my C drive shows up but thats it. I went to the Emutool tutorial and it seems others are having same issue but no resolution. If I select Hekate backup files it does show the I Drive. So how to make SXOS partition into Hekate backup files? Maybe I can then work around the issue. Also is there a good tutorial on making a hidden partition for atmosphere. I've tried everything I could find and nothing works.

LiborNX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Thanks for posting this very useful tutorial. Now I am considering to move from file based EmuNAND (SXOS) & EmuMMC (ATM) to two hidden partitions!
Any heads-up / limitations / sequence to respect / extra things to do (...) when also wanting to have Android or/and Ubuntu partition(s) on the same SD card? I sort of had in mind (saw somewhere I guess) that: 1) the sequence of setting partitions matters: you have to decide upfront if you wanted to reserve space for Android / Linux; 2) if you did then SXOS had to be file-based only otherwise it would cause an issue due to Android (or Linux) partition using sectors needed by SXOS (not an expert in sectors, hope this is phrased OK). Is there any truth in these assumptions..?

mikefor20

We
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Using EmuTool in admin mode I try to select sxos hidden partition on my I: drive which contains my SXOS setup with hidden emunand on the SD as the source. No drives show up. If I select "show all drives my C drive shows up but thats it. I went to the Emutool tutorial and it seems others are having same issue but no resolution. If I select Hekate backup files it does show the I Drive. So how to make SXOS partition into Hekate backup files? Maybe I can then work around the issue. Also is there a good tutorial on making a hidden partition for atmosphere. I've tried everything I could find and nothing works.
Can you please run partition manager and show me what your SD card looks like in there? Are there partitions active? How did you make your emunand in the first place?
Thanks for posting this very useful tutorial. Now I am considering to move from file based EmuNAND (SXOS) & EmuMMC (ATM) to two hidden partitions!
Any heads-up / limitations / sequence to respect / extra things to do (...) when also wanting to have Android or/and Ubuntu partition(s) on the same SD card? I sort of had in mind (saw somewhere I guess) that: 1) the sequence of setting partitions matters: you have to decide upfront if you wanted to reserve space for Android / Linux; 2) if you did then SXOS had to be file-based only otherwise it would cause an issue due to Android (or Linux) partition using sectors needed by SXOS (not an expert in sectors, hope this is phrased OK). Is there any truth in these assumptions..?
Technically you can make all of them on the same SD card. I don't really recommend that. Having three partitions is already pushing it a little bit. It's safe I've done it for a long time now. But I think having five would be ridiculous. There is a quad boot tutorial somewhere around here someone else wrote. Including a script to make it all happen. Check that out if you really want to add Android and Ubuntu. I do those on the separate SD.

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please run partition manager and show me what your SD card looks like in there? Are there partitions active? How did you make your emunand in the first place?

Technically you can make all of them on the same SD card. I don't really recommend that. Having three partitions is already pushing it a little bit. It's safe I've done it for a long time now. But I think having five would be ridiculous. There is a quad boot tutorial somewhere around here someone else wrote. Including a script to make it all happen. Check that out if you really want to add Android and Ubuntu. I do those on the separate SD.
Note Disk 5. Made with SXOS as a hidden partition emunand. Note other drives but C cannot be seen on EmuTool. Could it be because I drive is FAT32?. I thought there was a tutorial that showed you how to add Atmosphere hidden partition at the end of Drive 5 but I cannot find it.
Probably didn't work. What I want is SXOS partition to stay on 11.0, Atmosphere hidden partition to elevate to latest firmware and sys partition to stay at 11.0 Is this possible?

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    238.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by Ratatattat,

mikefor20

We
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note Disk 5. Made with SXOS as a hidden partition emunand. Note other drives but C cannot be seen on EmuTool. Could it be because I drive is FAT32?. I thought there was a tutorial that showed you how to add Atmosphere hidden partition at the end of Drive 5 but I cannot find it.
Probably didn't work. What I want is SXOS partition to stay on 11.0, Atmosphere hidden partition to elevate to latest firmware and sys partition to stay at 11.0 Is this possible?
You need to re-read the tutorial. In order to backup your SX OS partition use NXNandManager as written. Also you are on exfat. Your sxos emunand doesnt show active. Backup your SOS nand, backup your entire exfat partition. After that you can try right clicking on the SX OS nand and Mark as active. Don't forget to click apply. That might make it show up in the tool. Otherwise started the beginning of the guide. Don't skip anything except for the shrinking emunand part. I doubt being a exfat has anything to do with it but that's the one thing I see that's very different from my setup. Also your petition is not marked as active so that might be it as well. All the tools are Homebrew sometimes it's just the SD reader that's an issue. Also if you didn't listen to my warnings about having other things in the directory that might be the issue as well. The Homebrew tools are finicky. Maybe format to FAT32 after you back everything up. I wish I could tell you something definite but I know it will work if you can get it to see everything. Please let us know what work

Last edited by mikefor20,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to follow the tutorial, follow the steps , forget about your I: . Make a working folder on C:

I’ve been through this steps/setup , several times, starting from scratch, for test purposes, it definitely works.

Big external hard drives are not well recognised by NxNandManager or Emutool, it depends, kind of a lottery, or depending how you attach your drives, before of after launching the apps.

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: mikefor20

mikefor20

We
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to follow the tutorial, follow the steps , forget about your I: . Make a working folder on C:

I’ve been through this steps/setup , several times, starting from scratch, for test purposes, it definitely works.

Big external hard drives are not well recognised by NxNandManager or Emutool, it depends, kind of a lottery, or depending how you attach your drives, before of after launching the apps.
This^^ Exactly. Follow the guide. Use your C drive. Make a dedicated working folder. It could be your SD reader. The Homebrew applications are finicky

Reactions: Maupiti

rp05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is There by any chance of a video of this ?? thanks very much for the guide im just confused with some of the terms

Lutfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Mike, you should mention in CAPSLOCK that some of your tutorial doesn't work on MARIKO Switch. I did my research as well and with SYSNAND 13.0.0, no SXOS could be run via Emunand.

rp05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SD is in Exfat can i use that for this part
"Resize FAT32 Partition and Make New Hidden Partition"
Or do i need to restart the whole process in fat 32

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Getting a large sd card to try this. I use sxos dongle, should I create a hidden sxos partition and store the boot.bin in there before proceeding with this guide? On my previous sd card I was using file based partitions with sxos and atmosphere running on 11.0. Though I want to update atmosphere to the latest and leave sxos at 11.0 to play the super XCIs

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to re-read the tutorial. In order to backup your SX OS partition use NXNandManager as written. Also you are on exfat. Your sxos emunand doesnt show active. Backup your SOS nand, backup your entire exfat partition. After that you can try right clicking on the SX OS nand and Mark as active. Don't forget to click apply. That might make it show up in the tool. Otherwise started the beginning of the guide. Don't skip anything except for the shrinking emunand part. I doubt being a exfat has anything to do with it but that's the one thing I see that's very different from my setup. Also your petition is not marked as active so that might be it as well. All the tools are Homebrew sometimes it's just the SD reader that's an issue. Also if you didn't listen to my warnings about having other things in the directory that might be the issue as well. The Homebrew tools are finicky. Maybe format to FAT32 after you back everything up. I wish I could tell you something definite but I know it will work if you can get it to see everything. Please let us know what work
Partiton tool won't allow me to mark emmunand as active. Going to wipe everything and start over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    JuanBaNaNa @ JuanBaNaNa: Imagine you're sleeping and suddenly: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BmtYhtsy72A