Hacking Misc How to have *perfect* rips of Wii U games' audio (voices, sound effects, VGM...)?

Catjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Greetings, people of Gbatemp!

Since many of my Wii U games did not get a CD soundtrack release (or got a down right terrible one, such as Bayonetta, for example), I'm wondering how to rip audio from game dumps. I am aware that numerous audio gamerips (especially early Nintendo switch ones) can be filled with artefacts/distortion due to bad data extraction, So, I would like to precisely know what I should do (And most importantly should NOT do) in order to get truly flawless audio rips: What method should I use, in what format (WUX, WUD, partition dump...) should my discs dumps be for extracting the audio, What software would you recommend me for converting the Wii U's proprietary audio formats into more standard formats (OPUS, FLAC, MP3...),ex.

In any case, my sincerest thanks for reading my request! May everyone have a magnificent day

Ps: is Wii U games' audio lossless? I know that certain games like xenoblade chronicles X utilize lossy ADX files, However I do not know if it is the norm for every Wii U games
:)

flowlapache

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
arf, I can't help you, but when darkumbra forum was "on", there was a guy who did this but I don't know how...maybe you can find traces about it...

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most, especially first party games use the BFSTM format for BGM - it's a lossy format utilizing a 4-bit ADPCM codec (however, in some rare cases, it can contain lossless PCM audio). You can use ddd to dump a game's files, for both disc and digital games. Once you get the BFSTM files, you can use tools such as vgmstream, LoopingAudioConverter, VGAudio, or Openrevolution to convert them into other formats (you'd want WAV or FLAC for the highest quality).

Catjj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Greetings everyone!
terribly sorry for this late response, I had *A LOT* of things to do :(
But, in any case, thank you for your quick replies! I'll give ddd a try!
PS: But, wait a minute! I've just checked instructions on how to use DDD and it appears that it mandatory to dump titles via an Internet connection. I am genuinely curious: Why is that? Is there not a way to just dump the files directly onto the SD card?

In any case! Thanks for your help! May you guys have a marvelous day :)

Last edited by Catjj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.