• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sorry for the delayed answer, I was having some troubles understanding what to do, but these are the results from the steps
As you can see I get some Errors from the last 2 codes that I put. What could be wrong?
No that was not errors, it just shows that custom MAC was not set, it's OK.
Now run
Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=""attwifi"" key=""nintendozone""
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
It must enable the hosted network and just after then run again the previous command wmic... I just need to ensure which MAC isused when hosted ap is running.

saphris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pasted the whole thing in the cmd and gave me this. (Or had to enter one by one?)
Oh, and the reg queries got the same "The system could not find..."
Thankies! ^_^
so now tho... I put in cmd admin window:
Code:
C:\nzone.vbs start BASE16,GBATEMP
and it asks if i want to open it, and i click open after clicking box that says to always allow it, so that there's a check in it.
And no errors or anything like i was getting before :) .
Now when i scan with the 3ds, i find the wifi, and tell it the password, and then test the connection. it shows up at the top left corner of the 3d screen that it connects in blue to internet while its still trying to connect to the access point. Then when it connects to the access point, the top blue bar goes back to grey and says enabled, and then it can't get past the Internet part of the test and comes up saying "could not connect to the Internet." Error Code: 003-2001. and the big red X is between the Access Point and the Internet icons.
I have the computer connected directly through the ethernet cord. and both my computer and n3ds can pass the test on their own by directly connecting to the modem/router. and the internet still works through the ethernet cord when using the computer. :(

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thankies! ^_^
so now tho... I put in cmd admin window:
Code:
C:\nzone.vbs start BASE16,GBATEMP
and it asks if i want to open it, and i click open after clicking box that says to always allow it, so that there's a check in it.
And no errors or anything like i was getting before :) .
Now when i scan with the 3ds, i find the wifi, and tell it the password, and then test the connection. it shows up at the top left corner of the 3d screen that it connects in blue to internet while its still trying to connect to the access point. Then when it connects to the access point, the top blue bar goes back to grey and says enabled, and then it can't get past the Internet part of the test and comes up saying "could not connect to the Internet." Error Code: 003-2001. and the big red X is between the Access Point and the Internet icons.
I have the computer connected directly through the ethernet cord. and both my computer and n3ds can pass the test on their own by directly connecting to the modem/router. and the internet still works through the ethernet cord when using the computer. :(

Just ignore the error and save the connection settings, open browser and check internet connection. Most probably there was a MAC switch in progress when 3ds performed an internet check. You can also check if internet connection sharing was turned on in the internet connection interface properties.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, install as described in "before anything..." but just use "C:\nzone.vbs start BASE256" in place of "C:\nzone.vbs start BASE16,GBATEMP" just to ensure you have enough MACs to change every 2 minutes. So after install, wait untill nzone.macs file appeared, run
Code:
schtasks /tn nzone /change /disable
then wait 2 minutes and just run nzone.vbs, post a screenshot of any error and run
Code:
wmic nic get caption,macaddress,pnpdeviceid
reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0002 /v NetworkAddress
reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0005 /v NetworkAddress
reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007 /v NetworkAddress

enough macs? I dont have any actually....

Xashas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After those codes the hosted network appears again and everything seems fine by now. I just want to know if I'm not missing one step or if I can go directly to try to connect
These are the results with the hosted network and then the wmic... code.

EDIT: I got this working on my other laptop, but im scared of moving something to make it stop working. The thing is that my 3ds is not getting streetpass too often and my cousin's 3ds is getting streetpass more often, still not that often as I have read in here (50 per hour), im only getting like 2-3 per hour and are the same people, i suppose because I'm not changing MAC address?? and I don't want to move things because at least is working right now :P

Attachments

• asf.JPG
    asf.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 199

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
After those codes the hosted network appears again and everything seems fine by now. I just want to know if I'm not missing one step or if I can go directly to try to connect
These are the results with the hosted network and then the wmic... code.

EDIT: I got this working on my other laptop, but im scared of moving something to make it stop working. The thing is that my 3ds is not getting streetpass too often and my cousin's 3ds is getting streetpass more often, still not that often as I have read in here (50 per hour), im only getting like 2-3 per hour and are the same people, i suppose because I'm not changing MAC address?? and I don't want to move things because at least is working right now :P
If you used BASE16 as a parameter, there are only 16 macs used an spreafed in 8 hours period, so you will get a MAC change every 30monutes. Please read carefully the topic with install instruction. If MAC is changing you won't break it, just restart the script using maclists with more addresses. Also it would be great if we continue to debug the script for your other PC in PM.

Xashas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm executing the nzone script from the Comand prompt, it does open the nzone.vbs asking me if I want to open, I do but nothing else appears, so my question is, is it working already? or should there appear a message telling me its working?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm executing the nzone script from the Comand prompt, it does open the nzone.vbs asking me if I want to open, I do but nothing else appears, so my question is, is it working already? or should there appear a message telling me its working?

You must open command prompt as Administrator (Right-click, Run as administrator) and only then launch vbs.

VeniaSilente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Half the reason I joined to this site was to report that this works wonders! :yaynds:

Using the Linux Method, both Numero 1 and Numero 2 on Debian Wheezy with a Broadcom BCM431x series wireless card that supports Ad-Hoc / IBSS, works just as well as advertised except for a couple of minor issues:

* Running "nzone.ap start" does not work if one has a local DNS service *other* than dnsmasq running in the machine.
* After running "nzone.ap stop" I was required to manually kill some lingering "hostapd" processes manually
* For the main nzone script (nzone.sh) I had to change "Ubuntu" to "Debian" in the grep requirement at the beginning of the script so that other distros are supported. I'm not sure if there exists an official channel to recommend this change as it greatly and unnecessarily restricts what systems can this script be used on

Since one is using Linux anyway, none of these issues is a showstopper or anything close. ;) It's impressive, to me at least, that this kind of scripts can do something so impressive with relatively little requirements. So congrats to the people involved, and to gbatemp people for providing directions in its usage.

saphris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ignore the error and save the connection settings, open browser and check internet connection. Most probably there was a MAC switch in progress when 3ds performed an internet check. You can also check if internet connection sharing was turned on in the internet connection interface properties.
:( The browser wont work. do you know what settings should i have (or not have) on my modem/router? I left it on all night, and it seemed to be chatting back and forth to the wifi card (the green light on the card and 3ds were almost in sync). but no streetpasses or anything new on my 3ds. Occationally opening it this morning, it will tell me that i have Nintendo zone, but goes away as quickly as it comes. I tried to connect through my iphone to see if i could get internet that way, and it was pretty much doing the same thing (showing the connection, connecting after password, but lacking in internet connection really)..

Would it be any different if I tried this on a linux os? (Ubuntu or something like that(lol, i've downloaded it. and known of many different programs that runs on it. but i have no previous experience with it. and i'd be setting it up to dual boot... but if it'd be any different (easier) with the linux os, i would gladly change over. lol. (i know enough that i built my compy from the casing "and up" back in 2009 (oddly it's yet to be outdated by anything yet xD barely anything i use is compatible with the usb 3.0's yet. but i've had to make upgrades to it since the intial building due to adding more ram, and replacing two graphic cards (XD first one sounded like a jet pilot plane taking off when it started to go dead-ified) (sorry, rambling there).. however, i'm very dumb when it comes to this other stuff...

Khaeroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I borrowed a notebook and finally got streetpasses :toot:.
However, occasionally when I start the script, the wireless adapter go crazy, isn't able to identify the WiFi and can't connect to internet. (stopping the script fix this).
Also, sometimes the script starts fine and when tries to change the MAC for the first or second try, happens the same of above.
I have to start and stop the script many times until it work. Deleting the nzone.macs helped me once.
Is normal?

Sin título.png Sin título 2.png

Attachments

• nics.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 387

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I borrowed a notebook and finally got streetpasses :toot:.
However, occasionally when I start the script, the wireless adapter go crazy, isn't able to identify the WiFi and can't connect to internet. (stopping the script fix this).
Also, sometimes the script starts fine and when tries to change the MAC for the first or second try, happens the same of above.
I have to start and stop the script many times until it work. Deleting the nzone.macs helped me once.
Is normal?

The wireless adapter goes of and on during MAC change, so if your PC is connected to the internet through the wireless adapter then your PC will temporarily lose the internet, but it must reconnect within less than a minute (well except your router have a MAC filter enabled). If some MAC changes work fine, but another do not, then we just need to find the cause of this. When you exoperience a problem with the connection just run
Code:
wmic nic get caption,macaddress,pnpdeviceid
reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0007 /v NetworkAddress
reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0018 /v NetworkAddress
And tell me please which MAC list you are using?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
:( The browser wont work. do you know what settings should i have (or not have) on my modem/router? I left it on all night, and it seemed to be chatting back and forth to the wifi card (the green light on the card and 3ds were almost in sync). but no streetpasses or anything new on my 3ds. Occationally opening it this morning, it will tell me that i have Nintendo zone, but goes away as quickly as it comes. I tried to connect through my iphone to see if i could get internet that way, and it was pretty much doing the same thing (showing the connection, connecting after password, but lacking in internet connection really)..

If your PC have internet access while hosted network connection do not, then it is not normal, but you have nothing to do with the modem/router.
Can you check Internet Connection Sharing is enabled while hosted AP is running? Have you used any virtual router software before?
Did your check if your router model is compatible with DD-WRT, this is the most reliable way to get a homepass?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Half the reason I joined to this site was to report that this works wonders! :yaynds:

Using the Linux Method, both Numero 1 and Numero 2 on Debian Wheezy with a Broadcom BCM431x series wireless card that supports Ad-Hoc / IBSS, works just as well as advertised except for a couple of minor issues:

* Running "nzone.ap start" does not work if one has a local DNS service *other* than dnsmasq running in the machine.
* After running "nzone.ap stop" I was required to manually kill some lingering "hostapd" processes manually
* For the main nzone script (nzone.sh) I had to change "Ubuntu" to "Debian" in the grep requirement at the beginning of the script so that other distros are supported. I'm not sure if there exists an official channel to recommend this change as it greatly and unnecessarily restricts what systems can this script be used on

Since one is using Linux anyway, none of these issues is a showstopper or anything close. ;) It's impressive, to me at least, that this kind of scripts can do something so impressive with relatively little requirements. So congrats to the people involved, and to gbatemp people for providing directions in its usage.

Thanks for the response! The Linux script version was made to install it on a bare Ubuntu 13, so dnsmasq is a must and installed on the script install. I don't have much time to debug a Linux version of the script (even for Ubuntu 14, which dicamarques was trying to run recently). But if you're ready to debug the version with the bare latest release of Debian I'll add the changes and will help to debug it with you.

saphris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your PC have internet access while hosted network connection do not, then it is not normal, but you have nothing to do with the modem/router.
Can you check Internet Connection Sharing is enabled while hosted AP is running? Have you used any virtual router software before?
Did your check if your router model is compatible with DD-WRT, this is the most reliable way to get a homepass?

Thanks :) , the Internet connection sharing is enabled on the ethernet card while its running.
I've used virtual router software before. (Virtual Router Manager, Virtual Router, and Windows Networking Monitor).
I don't think it's compatible with DD-WRT, I've tried checking. I have a frontier dsl modem, which is a Netgear 7500.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks :) , the Internet connection sharing is enabled on the ethernet card while its running.
I've used virtual router software before. (Virtual Router Manager, Virtual Router, and Windows Networking Monitor).
Just uninstall all of those!

VeniaSilente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks much, duke_srg.

But if you're ready to debug the version with the bare latest release of Debian I'll add the changes and will help to debug it with you.

I should be able to setup a bare Debian install for testing but due to work that won't be before the 19th (when my spare machine returns). I think the few changes needed to support "any Debian-like distro" in general are all at the head of nzone.sh, don't quote me on that though :ohnoes: , but I'll be taking a look at the code in the meantime.

saphris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just uninstall all of those!
thanks again!
ok, i uninstalled them. and rebooted my computer, and went through the steps... it's broadcasting the attwifi, but when i try to connect to it, it can't connect to the access point.
However, when I just go back to home it will tell me nintendo zone is available, but the internet status remains greyed out and says "enabled". when i close the lid on the 3ds, the wifi card light and the 3ds light seem to be in sync with each other again. but it's been about 35 minutes and no street/home passes.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Don't look at the amber LED on 3DS, it won't show if internet is available or not. Remove attwifi connection profile on 3DS AMD set it up again, don't forget about a password! 3DS must bbe able to connect to the AP and web browser mustbe able to show pages , only after that you can expect street passes. Even the glowing Nintendo zone icon is it a warranty. PM me screenshots of the internet connection tab please and also output for
Code:
route print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1