Status
Not open for further replies.

sred93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I followed the tutorial correctly but doesn't it work Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard maybe the problem is my router. Thanks anyway guys.

PS : Nintendo Zone appears, internet works but no meeting with attwifi 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46

Sordid_

Trophies
XP
Country
None of duke_srg's scripts seem to work on my DD-WRT router :( changing the mac manually works fine though. It's a DIR-615 (h/w version D2), would it be because it has a Ralink chipset rather than Atheros or Broadcom?

AtomicEdge

Trophies
Website
www.jamesghbray.com
XP
Country
I am using the Linux method to try this out. I am on a laptop hard wired, using the internal wireless card, attwifi wouldn't show up, so I plugged in a wifi dongle I had laying around. This shows attwifi, but nothing can connect to it...

Anyone had the same experience and managed to solve it?

sporkonomix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sporkbox.us
XP
Country
United States
I think I got this set up using the basic settings for a Linksys E1000. I can access the content on the NintendoZone channel, but streetpasses are not arriving. Any ideas?
I'm having the same issue with the same router. I can access Nintendo Zone, I could probably access SpotPass things (if I hadn't already gone to a *real* one for the pumpkin pie in ACNL), but no StreetPasses...

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I switched to another router and upgraded to the latest DD-WRT and I figured out that MAC spoofing is broken in the latest versions! You will have to revert, though be careful as I bricked an E1000 V2.1 because I flashed a too old version, going to recover it today, but that is not something everyone can do since you have to solder stuff and so forth. So, when downgrading your version be sure your router is supported in that version!

sporkonomix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sporkbox.us
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty simple actually. You'll be fine as long as you follow the instructions and get the right file.

Okay... is there an easy way to make it work with my current router config, though? It's a router right now instead of a gateway. If it's as easy to config the router under dd-wrt as it is the standard FW, I'll bite. Just in case, though: is there a way to return to the stock firmware?

EDIT: I just learned that my hardware is the E1000 v2.1. The router is compatible but I have no idea which .bin file to download. I read through the linked topics and it's still not clear...

seinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This is for routers with DD-WRT firmware, micro build is not supported yet
The v2 script is the main now!
This script also can be used with ASUS WL-5xx and RT-N1x custom firmware

Thank you so much for this. I've tried the v1 today and working great (got 10 SPs) and will try the v2 script.

My router is: TP-LINK 841ND with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std.

For the v1 script, I use this as cron:
Code:
*/10 12-17 * * * root /tmp/nzone

And I got SP with time: 18:xx for three times (18:21, 18:35, 18, 51). Any idea why? Because I assume from that code, MAC will recycled every 10 minutes, from 12:00-17:50.

Is there any way you can help with a manual-MAC script, as in we input the MAC address that will be randomized manually? If you can help with this, it will be great.

Btw, now I'm using this for Cron:

Code:
*/15 12-15 * * * root /tmp/nzone 49,BASE16
To confirm, this means recycle every 15 minutes from 12:00 to 13.45, is that correct?
Last question, how to set everything back to normal? Disable the cron? delete the command?
Again, thank you so much for doing this. Hope you can resolve this.

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's kernel-dependant as well. Maybe a list of solutions for different kernels would help.

The problem is many people know the rom they are on but not the name of the kernel. Many rom developers make their own kernel based off another kernel so there are hundreds to choose from for every phone. It defiantly something to look into though.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thank you so much for this. I've tried the v1 today and working great (got 10 SPs) and will try the v2 script.

My router is: TP-LINK 841ND with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std.

For the v1 script, I use this as cron:
Code:
*/10 12-17 * * * root /tmp/nzone

And I got SP with time: 18:xx for three times (18:21, 18:35, 18, 51). Any idea why? Because I assume from that code, MAC will recycled every 10 minutes, from 12:00-17:50.

Is there any way you can help with a manual-MAC script, as in we input the MAC address that will be randomized manually? If you can help with this, it will be great.

Btw, now I'm using this for Cron:

Code:
*/15 12-15 * * * root /tmp/nzone 49,BASE16
To confirm, this means recycle every 15 minutes from 12:00 to 13.45, is that correct?
Last question, how to set everything back to normal? Disable the cron? delete the command?
Again, thank you so much for doing this. Hope you can resolve this.

MAC addresses choosed randomly, i.e. there is no guarantee, that one not choosed twice in a reow, that is why the actual streetpass time is different.
*/15 12-15 is for from 12:00 to 15:45 every 15 minutes. You can just disable or delete cron command or/and clear startup script.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The problem is many people know the rom they are on but not the name of the kernel. Many rom developers make their own kernel based off another kernel so there are hundreds to choose from for every phone. It defiantly something to look into though.
Kernel name can be viewed from About phone.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia

I know what kernel I have in my phone but I don't know which kernel should work with the android methods for Cyanogenmod 10.1

A friend gave me a USB WiFi dongle. How do I configure it for the windows 7 methods on my laptop? I've been trying with no success.

EDIT: I followed the steps in Ubuntu but I did that on VMware Workstation 9 and the SSID "attwifi" is not showing, the 3DS can't see it and it can't connect even if I configure it manually. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Nobody knows? :(

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kernel name can be viewed from About phone.

Some devs just have a generic name like evo3d kernel. I went through 3 kernels with the same name with different wifi drivers. I'm using mirage now and it works amazingly because he back-ported the wifi drivers. Just took me a while to find the mac address so I asked the dev himself.
Another problem is some kernels override the mac address and that information is built into the kernel itself, not stored in a separate file.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I am using the Linux method to try this out. I am on a laptop hard wired, using the internal wireless card, attwifi wouldn't show up, so I plugged in a wifi dongle I had laying around. This shows attwifi, but nothing can connect to it...

Anyone had the same experience and managed to solve it?
Redo the guide, theres a issue with dnsmasq. This manages your ip's to your devices

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I know what kernel I have in my phone but I don't know which kernel should work with the android methods for Cyanogenmod 10.1

Nobody knows? :(
Hey, you are that guy from youtube :P Try booting in to a livecd or usb maybe its a issue with the vmware (I used virtual box and it worked fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...