• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to open the file, extract the entire contents of the zip file and just right click "netathrx.inf" and select install

When i right cick and install i get an error
jgj.png

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Go to the device manager window, right click your wireless network adaptor and select "update driver software". The choose to browse your computer for driver software, navigate to the folder where you placed the extract files and click next to begin the search. It should then pick up the driver and begin the installation process

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
With snailface's program I don't think it matters if macshift is in a different place, though you will need to confirm that with him.

Do you mean that the Virtual Router Manager program doesn't detect your 3DS or the program itself closes?

Well, when the 3DS is in the home menu it detects it all the time. But when the 3DS is in sleep mode, virtual router detects it after about 2 mins, then reads "Nintendo" for the first time when I get my streetpass. I don't do anything in my 3DS, just leave it and snail face's program cycles to the next mac. Then after two minutes, it detects the 3DS but in a flash it disappears again.

ckjong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After much hacking away, I finally got a script working with WRT54G virtual wireless and tomato:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Prime mac
PRIME=4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
WLIF=$(nvram get wl0.1_ifname)
RAND=$(cat /dev/urandom | tr -dc 'A-F0-9' | head -c 1)
MAC=${PRIME%?}${RAND}

echo "Setting MAC of ${WLIF} to ${MAC}..."

ifconfig ${WLIF} down
ifconfig ${WLIF} hw ether ${MAC}
ifconfig ${WLIF} up

nvram set wl0.1_hwaddr=${MAC}
nvram commit

service net restart

I'm sure someone more proficient with bash could come along and make this better, but I'm happy to have this working, and it doesn't seem to reboot the router everytime I want to update the mac.

Edit: Upon further testing, it still appears this brings down my connection to my modem as my WAN uptime resets every time the script is run. At least I can schedule it for a time early in the morning when I won't be using it, but is there any ideas how to get the WL driver to update the BSSID without bringing down everything with it?

I have an ASUS wireless router running Shibby's Tomato firmware using a MAC cycling script similar to yours. I find that by setting the wl0.1_hwaddr in the NVRAM without committing it works, and you do not need to restart the network service.

Something like this:

Code:
nvram set wl0.1_hwaddr=${MAC}
ifconfig ${WLIF} down
ifconfig ${WLIF} hw ether ${MAC}
ifconfig ${WLIF} up

This should prevent the script from wearing out the flash chip.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to the device manager window, right click your wireless network adaptor and select "update driver software". The choose to browse your computer for driver software, navigate to the folder where you placed the extract files and click next to begin the search. It should then pick up the driver and begin the installation process

Ok i install it and now i have this so now what?
sdjkdrf.png

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Well, when the 3DS is in the home menu it detects it all the time. But when the 3DS is in sleep mode, virtual router detects it after about 2 mins, then reads "Nintendo" for the first time when I get my streetpass. I don't do anything in my 3DS, just leave it and snail face's program cycles to the next mac. Then after two minutes, it detects the 3DS but in a flash it disappears again.

Ok I figured it out. Thanks guys!

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Try using the steps I listed in my guide that you can find attached to my post. The virtual router manager program is not required, only macshift is needed.

Attachments

• Streetpass Relay Station Setup Instructions.pdf
    703.7 KB · Views: 332

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using the steps I listed in my guide that you can find attached to my post. The virtual router manager program is not required, only macshift is needed.

I already download the file. And for some reason my 3ds cant connect to virtual router anymore:angry:

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a few problems with vitual router crashing, which is why I don't use it and run everything via command prompt.

And And when ever i try the change the mac the physical address wont change

View attachment 4322

As expected you are being affect by the offset problem that others have experience, in your case the offset is "2E". For example when you try to set "4E53504F4F47" you will get "2E53504F4F47" instead.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a few problems with vitual router crashing, which is why I don't use it and run everything via command prompt.

As expected you are being affect by the offset problem that others have experience, in your case the offset is "2E". For example when you try to set "4E53504F4F47" you will get "2E53504F4F47" instead.

so i put 2E instead of 4E?

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
If you put in "2E" then you will get a different offset.

You can just continue to use "4E" even though the address on the virtual wireless connection is affected by the offset. You will get some streetpass hits from others affected by the same problem, but the pool of people you can get hits from is small.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you put in "2E" then you will get a different offset.

You can just continue to use "4E" even though the address on the virtual wireless connection is affected by the offset. You will get some streetpass hits from others affected by the same problem, but the pool of people you can get hits from is small.

Ok.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i try to change my mac and start virtual router it keeps telling me host name could not be found or ip address
hjjm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg