5. A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

289 vote(s)
    24.9%
  6. 1,159 voter(s)
  1. ibigfire

ibigfire Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Haha, that's literally exactly what I'm trying right now, just with regular ubuntu. I may have to take a break and get some sleep, then come back to it tomorrow though.

2. ibigfire

ibigfire Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Where is the full log stored?

Edit: Sorry for the double post, would delete, but can't find the delete button.

Last edited by ibigfire, Sep 23, 2016
  3. duke_srg

duke_srg GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Yes, that may be incompatible. It the time of writing it was running fine on versions between 14xxx and 21xxx

4. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    I will try to flash an older version:)

5. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    just tried 2014 standard build. finally working!!! Got 10 streetpass in a blink
    upload_2016-9-23_10-39-12.png

Last edited by Ericjwg, Sep 23, 2016
    arcadesdude and duke_srg like this.
  6. Bambamthepyro

Bambamthepyro GBAtemp Regular

I feel dumb, when you say choose WiFi connection, how? And then "option" 1 2 or 3, how?

7. tommikinder

tommikinder GBAtemp Regular

Make sure you're using the latest version 2.1, the previous versions don't have any of these options.
    After running 2.1 with CMD you should be able to press the number that applies your WiFi connection (mine was 0) then you will see the other 3 options.

8. CYatta

CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I got it to run on DD-WRT v3.0-r29739. My issue was that /proc/version doesn't show 'dd-wrt' so this didn't match
    Code:
    elif grep -qi dd-wrt /proc/version
    Here's my /proc/version on this dd-wrt install
    Code:
    [email protected]:~# cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.6.24.111 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.1.2) #29678 Thu May 19 00:27:16 CEST 2016
    I haven't looked into it too much, but maybe could grep /tmp/loginprompt instead. It's supposed to be created at boot everytime. But i guess someone could overwrite that.. Anyway, thanks for writing the scripts.

9. Bambamthepyro

Bambamthepyro GBAtemp Regular

Can you make a screen shot? That option doesn't seem to be coming up for me.

Edit: I tried something else, and I keep getting an error. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
    Keep trying to fix it...

Last edited by Bambamthepyro, Sep 24, 2016
  10. tommikinder

tommikinder GBAtemp Regular

That sounds like a Windows error, make sure you right click CMD and run as administrator.

11. ibigfire

ibigfire Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    What's the expected hardware setup when doing the router option?

12. TheWon

TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Having a strange problem my Homepass no longer works. Been up and running for years now. My setup I'm using the 2 routers. A Linksys connected to a Att Uverse 2Wire with a CPU still running XP. Done everything I read here and still seems to be a issue. Any ideas on what could be wrong would be help. Not using a script just simple streetpasses once every 8 hours.

Last edited by TheWon, Sep 25, 2016
  13. duke_srg

Serbia, Republic of
    - Asus custom firmware compatible router (https://github.com/wl500g/wl500g/wiki)
    - Broadcom or Atheros -based router compatible with DD-WRT firmware build 14xxx-20xxx

14. ibigfire

ibigfire Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Right, sorry. I meant something different than that. I should have specified. Does the router need to connect to another router that has internet access via cable/wifi? Or does the DD-WRT capable router connect directly to the modem that leads to the outside world and no other routers are involved?

15. duke_srg

Serbia, Republic of
    Router must have internet access and DNS configured and working. In case you have to use separate routers for internet access and nzone script, to achieve DNS service working on the latter, the easiest way is to connect them WAN-to-LAN.

16. Bobthefirst

Bobthefirst Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I was using an iMac as a Homepass relay, but when I updated my 3DS, it quit working. What is the best (i.e. easiest for morons to set up properly) method for setting up a new hompass relay with an Apple computer now?

To be clear, I was using the ssid [email protected] before the update and the 3DS was able to get on the internet through the browser and I was receiving streetpasses.

After the update, I could still use the internet, but there were no more streetpasses.

I changed the SSID to attwifi. I am still able to browse the internet, but there are no longer any streetpasses coming in.

Last edited by Bobthefirst, Sep 25, 2016
  17. br3ndy

br3ndy Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Similiar with @Bobthefirst but i was using non rooted android phone as router to get streetpasses.
    It was the easiest to setup, no need to root and just need to change the ssid to [email protected] without password. I was able to get streetpasses this way for 1 year +, but after i update to the newest firmware, i cant get streetpass anymore and my 3ds wont even connect to my android router.
    I tried attwifi long time ago before [email protected] and i cant get any streetpass from it. Yesterday i tried Nintendo_Zone1 but until today there is still no streetpass for me, it just can connect to internet.
    Is there any ssid like [email protected] which is easy to apply without any need to root my android or setup mac address?
    Hope someone can help me in this case since in my country its impossible to get any streetpass without the help of homepass.

18. Tianna

Tianna Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello. I am new to this forum but have been lurking for a little while. I will admit to not having the computer knowledge to understand most of the posts. Nonetheless, I did manage follow instructions and get a Homepass relay working. I really appreciate the work people put into this project, Although running the Homepass sometimes seems to cause my computer to have some sort of nervous breakdown, I am able to start again and get it up and running. I have had guests over to let them use it too, figuring its good to get more Miis out there. With the update to the plaza, I liked being able to let Miis through the gate and I was able to gather about 30 or so before the rate of acquisition slowed down. This was fine as it was about all I had time to play with in a day. Now, however, I only pass one or two people and it is very difficult to gather even 10 Miis for a game. I am not sure what changed as it was running fine even with the update. I have looked through the boards but since I have no idea what is going on, I find it difficult to know where to start to fix this issue or to work around the problem. Any guidance as to where to start on this would be appreciated. I have Windows 10 on my PC and I am using a D-Link DWA-171 Wireless AC Dual Band Adapter with Virtual Router Manager v1,0 and NbaHomePass 2.1. I tired using nzone.exe, but am not sure that I did it correctly and I am getting error messages that I know nothing about.

19. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    mac?
    try the linux wget .sh method.

simply change ssid wont help. since att and NZ are using different mac address

20. Bobthefirst

Bobthefirst Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I guess I should add that it wasn't simply changing the SSID, I also changed the mac address with the command

sudo ifconfig en1 Wi-Fi 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46

in Terminal, as described in the Homepass Relay instructions for OSX.

I don't know anything about the linux wget .sh method. I'll look it up. Thank you for the tip.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Streetpass, homemade, Relay