418 vote(s)
    36.3%
  5. A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

287 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Netherlands
    It still doesn't seem to work somehow(the network works, but I still don't get any streetpasses), is there a way to reset all the stuff I've done so I have a clean start? I think I screwed up somewhere.

2. Kuebel33

Kuebel33 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bangladesh

Looks like if I have "Local Area Connection* 13" set to obtain ip automatically it gets an APIPA address... ug, wish I could get this working.

3. Genosync

Genosync Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Code:
    echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nTITLES=\"[email protected]\"\nBASE=\"NSP\"\nRANDOM=\$(cat /dev/urandom | tr -dc 0-9 | dd bs=5 count=1 2>/dev/null)\nCTR=\$((\$RANDOM%\$((\$(expr length \$TITLES)/3))))\nMAC=\$(echo -e $BASE$TITLES | cut -c 1-3,$(($CTR*3+4))-$(($CTR*3+6)) | hexdump -e '6/1 "%02X:"' | cut -c 1-17)\nWLINT=\$(nvram get wl0_ifname)\nAPDCNF=/tmp/\${WLINT}_hostap.conf\nAPDPID=/var/run/\${WLINT}_hostapd.pid\nif [ -e \$APDCNF ]; then\nkill \$(cat \$APDPID)\nsleep 3\nsed -ri s/bssid=.*/bssid=\$MAC/ \$APDCNF\nhostapd -B -P \$APDPID \$APDCNF\nelse\nifconfig \$WLINT down\nifconfig \$WLINT hw ether \$MAC\nifconfig \$WLINT up\nfi" >/tmp/nzone; chmod 555 /tmp/nzone
    This is where I'm at now. The only changes I've made are changing in the new line that duke wrote me for "MAC" and the random generator I was able to make. I don't know which one is throwing me "arithmetic syntax errors" when I try to run that to output the contents to a file.

If I don't have the \s before the dollar signs on RANDOM and MAC, it outputs values--not the command we want it to run when it runs the script.

Stuck again.

Actually, now it's just telling me arithmetic syntax error--period. With or without the slashes.

Joy.

4. dicamarques

OP dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    Yes, but adding 100 macs would be a PAIN xD
    But I think that we can use the randomizer by duke_srg and just tell go from 00 to FF or more
    (This is ACTUALLY abusing from this spoof xP)

5. Kuebel33

Kuebel33 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bangladesh

If I leave the apipa address, and manually put an apipa address in my 3ds for that connection, I can actually see a host name and address in virtual router, though obviously I can't hit the internet...

6. Soulshine

Soulshine Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am using the Windows 7/8 guide. The steps where I have to put my wireless adapter, for example, mine is set to Wi-Fi - it just says could not find adapter name "wifi"

7. Phanox

Phanox GBAtemp Fan

Colombia
    I give up. The Android and Windows methods are not working, no matter what I do. I did every step on the guides, even formatted my laptop. Thanks anyway to everyone who helped me and the creators of the guides.

Rename the "Wireless Network Connection" for "Wi-Fi" on the network adapter window.

8. Kuebel33

Kuebel33 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bangladesh

In any event I got this working no problem on A windows 7 machine I had...just wish I could get it working properly on 8

9. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

United States
    Yeah. in cmd again, type:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow
    and macshift -i "Wi-Fi" -r
    Restart computer.

10. Soulshine

Soulshine Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks! It has been 30 mins now..and I don't think it is working for me either. I am tempted to try Android version, but rooting is another dilemma for me.

11. HMTKSteve

HMTKSteve Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I broke down and paid for Connectify because it was the only way I could get my 3DS to connect via my computer wifi to the Internet.

I still used macshift to change the mac on my wireless but no streetpasses. I can use Nintendo Zone but that is it.

No matter what I tried doing by following the guide here for Win 7 I was never able to get a connection up and running that also shared Internet access.

Has anyone else successfully used Connectify to get streetpasses or did I just waste $40?

12. Sunderlol11100

Newcomer

Argentina
    I am using Connectify for almost 2 years now with my 3DS and I never paid anything.
    When i change the mac adress and try to create a hotspot an error displays. "Microsoft hostednetwork is currently unavailable". When I restore the mac adress, i can create the hotspot.
    At least i could get a streetpass via android method :P

Sorry for my horrible english

13. Silent_Ninja_Man

Newcomer

France
    For those using the W7/8 method it's not written in the How To but don't forget to share your wired connection with "Miniport" so both your real wifi card and "attwifi" can have internet access.

And if your ethernet pass through CPL (i had this problem) make sure to plug it directly into the wall not on a power strip, there's not enough bandwith.

Sev501 likes this.
  14. Aluxes

Aluxes Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    hey guys, trying to get my android Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to be relay point, but I got a problem when trying to connect with WiFi tether. Here's the error log:

[​IMG]

Here's the info about my tablet:

[​IMG]

anyone can help me? o3o

15. Sunderlol11100

Newcomer

Argentina
    Got the same error with that app. I used the default app on my phone and it works just fine

16. slatis

slatis Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Colombia

What you need is to get a phone that is rooted and that uses android 2.3 Gingerbread and modify the file /data/nvmac.info, otherwise you wont get it working.

17. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Vietnam
    So the only practical method for 4.1 devices is to use a 2.3 rom?

18. slatis

slatis Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Colombia

That's what i find out, I tried in 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.2, and got no luck with them. So the easiest solution is to get an old android gingerbread phone.

19. duke_srg

duke_srg GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    I think I'll be able to do a customizable script to support even this, just after we fix a compatibility issues with the different routers. I still did not tested it on any Realtek-based router =(

20. BerserkLeon

BerserkLeon Not-so-new member

United States
    As others have said it's pretty hard to get it to work through Android. No one's got a guide for android because of the various errors everyone's been encountering... I'll let you know if I get it working on my phone.
    Unless your tablet has 3/4g or some form of data connection this isn't going to work. If you can get reverse tethering working via USB you might be able to do it. But I'm not sure how you go about that, or how to make android share the connection over the wireless radio.
    Android is based on linux, so if you do it this way you could try messing with hostapd and dnsmasq... It's much less of a pain to just order a router that's already got dd-wrt on it, OR buy one of these they can change their MAC through their web interface.
    I've more or less given up on my phone but (I'll keep trying, since I was able to get it to connect to wifi with a changed MAC once) I'm also going to test a couple wireless cards on my RasPi when they get here.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Streetpass, homemade, Relay