[HOW-TO] Have a homemade Streetpass Relay

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by dicamarques, Aug 9, 2013.

?
  1. Linux

90 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Android

132 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Router

225 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Windows

418 vote(s)
    36.3%
  5. A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

286 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. Kawo

Kawo GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    Italy
    Italy
    There is a limit on the number of people using the same MAC address? Like only 50 can use a code and it gives a error if you are a the 51th?

2. Phanox

Phanox GBAtemp Fan

Jun 24, 2009
    Colombia
    Bogotá

I'm using the ethernet connection as internet source.

[​IMG]

3. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

Also, you need to start the network. something along the lines of netsh start hostednetwork i think

4. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    any chance of an automated mac changer script for ubuntu?

5. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague

I got to CD? Eh how does that work? :P just put in CD\ instead of C:\

Also macshift is on the root of my C:\ drive(the program itself) ;o

6. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica

so "cd" to whichever directory macshift is in. so if it's in C:\, type "cd C:\". Also make sure that you are running as admin.

So:

open command prompt as admin.

type: cd C:\

type: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=password

type: netsh wlan start hostednetwork

goto network and connections, right click your ethernet connection and select properties. in the sharing tab, tick both boxes and share with "Local area connection xx"

type (back in command prompt: macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4E53504F4F46

and on your 3DS, delete all other access points and then manual setup>search for points. Select attwifi, the password is "password"

and then see if you get a hit. If you do, then you can download my cycler so you can cycle through new MACs and get up to 100 hits.

7. Phanox

Phanox GBAtemp Fan

Jun 24, 2009
    Colombia
    Bogotá

That also doesn't work for me. No internet connection after I change the mac address. :/

8. SeZMehK

SeZMehK The Wielder of the Keyblade

May 8, 2003
    United States
    The Nintendo World SSID is attwifi or NDS-Guest? NDS-Guest never activates Nintendo Zone for me.

9. triumph01

triumph01 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Whats red in the LOG?

10. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    Couple of questions guys:

1) How do you use MACs that start with 00: on Windows 7/8 ? Windows wont change to those no matter what it seems.
    2) Are there other lists? We need to expand beyond the 4E:52:50:4F:4F:XX if we want to not run into each other too often. I set mine up to pull random MACs without repeating and change them every hour and I still get some people 2 or 3 times in a row. The pool is too small.

3) Anyone able to get this to work on Windows 8? I can have it run Windows 7 no problem (set it up for myself and 2 friends on Windows 7), but on Windows 8 everything "seems" to work, but the TCP/IP protocol only sends packets, it doesnt receive any packets.. all A/V and Firewalls are off. tried on 2 different Win 8 machines with same setup that works flawlessly on Win 7.

11. MisoSoup

MisoSoup Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    Yep, I have this working with Windows 8. I used the instructions here and it worked as soon as the MAC cycle application was started:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/homepass-chaldrons-mac-cycler-for-windows.352935/

12. Kuebel33

Kuebel33 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2009
    Bangladesh
    I'm on Windows 8 too and I can't get it working. It makes no sense. At one point I did get one street pass, but that was it. I see my 3DS showing up in Virtual Router, but it constantly shows host name could not be found ip address could not be found, then it fails a connection test, on 3DS and disappears from Virtual Router. No clue why it worked one time... any help is appreciated

also it seems if i try to stop virtual router and restart it I get an error the service cannot accept control messages at this time.(exception from hresult:0x80070425)

and then i have to reboot to get it straightened out and try again....

Also, I just noticed, the attwifi adapter is only sending packets and not receiving any... I think MisoSoup has this issue on windows 8 also.

13. HMTKSteve

HMTKSteve Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    New Milford, Connecticut
    Are there any cheap routers that allow for changing the wifi MAC out of the box? It looks like all of the routers that are sold near me are not compatible with DD-WRT :(

14. Genosync

Genosync Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Get one off Amazon/Walmart like suggested earlier. It's going to be cheaper than what you'll end up being able to find by half at minimum.

15. Genosync

Genosync Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Finally developed a solution for DD-WRT routers for cycling with a lot of surfing and trying to find a random number generation that works in vanilla DD-WRT. Testing...

Fuck, I'm stuck again because it isn't changing the value.

Still trying.

I'm using

Code:
    RANDOM=$(cat /dev/urandom | tr -dc 0-9 | dd bs=5 count=1 2>/dev/null)
    to set RANDOM. And

Code:
    MAC=$(echo -e $BASE$TITLES | cut -c 1-3,$(($CTR*3+4))-$(($CTR*3+6)) | hexdump -e '6/1 "%02X:"' | cut -c 1-17)
    to set MAC.

16. Kawo

Kawo GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    Italy
    Italy
    Always the mac address, I tried more than one but is always the same response, we can't use a iDevice right?

17. Genosync

Genosync Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    This crap is pre-setting the random value in /tmp/nzone. God, why does this have to be so freaking annoying.

Oh snap, escape character. PROGRESS

18. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Both go in startup or thru telnet? I'll try when I get home.

19. Genosync

Genosync Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Don't bother yet--I feel like I'm finally making progress

20. JODIsBack

JODIsBack Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Unless you're talking about my phone (which I said was a Motorola Atrix 2) I'm not sure what you mean by "which Android". Do you mean which firmware version?

And it says "/data/data/com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether/bin/ifconfig wlan0 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46... failed", hmm. Surprised I didn't think to check that beforehand.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted