Status
Not open for further replies.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem is that I can't use any option that has to do with the change of an IP-adress.

I can only use WLAN from a Laptop, the main computer has a password to let my PC have internet. Should the adress change, I don't have internet anymore.
I remember trying it with a own Hotspot on my Laptop (McD or something, that was the name of the spot for the N-Zone) - but there were no Miis. Do you know if there are any other options (Windows user by the way)?

Cioler

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It's happening to most of us regardless of method or device. I don't know whether it's a HomePass "limitation" or if it has been put in place for International StreetPass Week so there is always a slot open for a special Mii. I honestly can't remember when I first noticed it happening. This and the bug noted here are the only two I know of at the moment and affect both regular and New 3DS's.
That bug is not happening on Xenoblade only. I had it with Bravely Default, too.

M0053

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for a solid week I've been trying to figure out just how to install DD-WRT on my router. It is supported, but my attempts to get help on their IRC were fruitless. Is there anyone here that can walk me through it? Everyone here is trying for the same thing, so you'd all be a little better help than telling someone from the DD-WRT community "I need to flash because I want a homepass"

I had the wireless card Win7 version up for little under a month before it crashed, and now I'm trying to fix it and after uninstalling the adapter, reinstalling, running maccheck again, and going through the whole process over a few times, I started getting the message "DNS server not authoritative for zone." I googled it, and there was one instance I could find of this happening client-side, the rest were fixes for actual Microsoft Server 2000, etc. I did the fix that was recommended and worked for that person, which was running sfc /SCANNOW, but no dice. I'm still getting the DNS message, and it won't let me use pretty much any command in the module.

These are the things I am solidly sure of:
  • I have current, safe, non-corrupted copies of the nzone.exe files
  • I am not entering commands with textual errors or receiving VBRuntime errors
  • nzone.macs is not being produced even after several hours
  • the last time I was able to successfully input commands, the virtual network was opened, but it was not default named to Wifi Nintendo3DS
  • The virtual machine, as of it's last start, did not recieve any data
  • I have connection to the internet through a LAN cable to what I know only as "a switch"
  • I am not running any servers from my Computer that would return a DNS error
If anyone could help, I'd owe you a cup of tea and a nice sit down.

Scytheri0n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
That bug is not happening on Xenoblade only. I had it with Bravely Default, too.

It will affect any title, not just specific ones. Myself and another user had it affect Pokémon Rumble World. That's why we recommend disabling and then re-enabling StreetPass for 3DS Sound (unless you want StreetPass hits for that) so it takes that primary position.

wantsallthesepasses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I got Nzone up and working through Glacier Gaming tutorial.

The first night was great. I got over 80 passes.

Now, three days later, not getting a thing but a few and I always seem to have to restart the program just to get those.

Not sure what is going on?
Is there alternatives?

I know it takes 8 hours per mac address, but it's been 3 days. My amount of passes has drastically dropped.

It's like it is not cycling properly or something.

So...

Is there something better to use or can someone help me fix this?

I should be rolling in passes and I'm not.

ErikL

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, set up your own relay by using the routers actual MAC address, with no rotation, and then just give it a NZ name. :) You don't even need to use NZone for that. It would need internet connectivity to access the StreetPass servers, so be advised then that anybody could log on with any device and use your bandwidth. For this reason, I would advise putting it on its own subnet in relation to your main network, for security.

I've stopped nzone, I've checked that the crontab doesn't have anything, well it left it stuff there but commented out, so it shouldn't change MACs. When I list the interfaces with ifconfig or that nvram command I get the real MAC, i.e. the one that's on a sticker on the router. Still I get lots of hits and I'm certain they aren't actual passes by my relay because they're all foreign. Seems I get fewer than before, six at a time. Isn't that what they store per MAC?

Hmm, perhaps I've answered my own question here, sounds like it's still using a MAC from the rotation list but only the one, not rotating through them. Does that sound right?

cdcdcd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have read the first post but still confused by all the options etc. Which form/guide of a homemade streetpass has the easiest/noob friendly setup an need the least recources? I have acces to Windows 8, Android Asus tablet, N3DS 9.0 and a wifi router.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have read the first post but still confused by all the options etc. Which form/guide of a homemade streetpass has the easiest/noob friendly setup an need the least recources? I have acces to Windows 8, Android Asus tablet, N3DS 9.0 and a wifi router.
Is your android rooted?

wantsallthesepasses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, the problem is it is not cycling the Mac addresses, it only does it if I do it manually by starting and stopping the program.

It is connecting to my 3ds just fine. I can see it in the connection menu.

Please, someone help me.

It worked fine the first day I used it.

lpchaim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any mirror for the premade VM linked in this post? It seems to be still working, right?
Windows (VMware) instructions:
Warning: dedicated USB wireless adapter required
- download and install VMware Player
- download and unzip a Homepass preconfigured image (Debian Linux preinstalled)
- plug in wireless adapter
- click on the Homepass.vmx, VMware Player will start virtual machine
- in VMware Player menu select:
Player - Removable Devices - <Your wireless adapter name> - Connect (Disconnect from host)
- most probably you was not so quick to connect wireless adapter before virtual machine starts, so just hit CTRL+ALT+INSERT to reboot a virtual machine with connected wireless adapter.

hypercoyote

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a known bug with StreetPass that will prevent the app in your first spot from getting StreetPasses. Check under System Settings (on your DS) > Data Management > StreetPass Management. If Xenoblade is in the top left slot, it will (for some arbitrary reason) not receive StreetPasses via a relay. To circumvent this, enable StreetPass for 3DS Sound (or if it is already enabled, then deactivate it and reactivate it again) so it takes that initial slot and you will start getting StreetPasses for Xenoblade again.

Wow, I wonder why I didn't notice that before....thank you for the info, I'll do what you've suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYoQPhGaW8 +2