418 vote(s)
    36.3%
  5. A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

287 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. mrtofu

mrtofu GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Got it to work on my Galaxy S2 t989 with these settings. Sweet!

armagn12 likes this.
  2. dicamarques

OP dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    Try ifconfig instead

3. Kuebel33

Kuebel33 Newbie
    Newcomer

Bangladesh
    ...hmm. so I got One street pass and it hasn't worked otherwise. That was when I used macshift to type the mac manually. and using Virtual Router.

I let it run over night, but still nothing. Seems I can get the Nintendo Zone icon to flash like there is a Nintendo Zone around, but when I enter it it can't connect. /sigh I don't know what's wrong here. Connection Test on the 3DS sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Using qualcom Atheros AR9485 wireless.

I guess I could try using a laptop later today. Also, Virtual Router seems to jack up my ICS so I started trying with connect8, but still no luck.

4. dicamarques

OP dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    Mass quoting in 3, 2, 1

1. Yes someone a while back said that managed to work on XP
    2. Dont know
    2b. Also dont know

Please only use attwifi, And yes its normal to get games from different mii's because your 3ds ONLY downloads the data that matches yours. For example you have mii plaza and MK7, in the router there is data for mii plaza, mk7 and ac:nl, you ony download the mii plaza and the mk7 keeping the ac:nl for the next person that has also ac:nl.

Just wait a bit (less than 2min) , it will connect again.

5. da_rula

da_rula GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Just a thought i just had: Do you guys think Nintendo is able to stop this streetpassing madness? I dunno, for example blacklisting specifc MACs etc. It's hard to believe that we can go on with this for a longer period of time...

6. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Made a screen print on how i have it in my w7 connection (spanish), hope it helps to the ones who cannot ^^

Attached Files:

7. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Vietnam
    Sure they can. It's their servers after all.

8. RedHero

RedHero GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands

Probably not, since people are creating their own MACs and uploading their SP data. Then when someone else uses that same MAC, they will download that data and upload their own.

Anyhow, the Windows method quit working for me all of a sudden. This morning it worked when I got up and just turned on the MAC cycler (Max version). But after a while it wouldn't give me anymore Streetpasses. I got 6 at first, after a check I got another 1. But that's it and ever since it stopped. I tried going manual, thinking it might be a bug in the MAC cycler, but that's not the case. Those same MACs, both prime and not prime work perfectly fine if I use my Android phone.

I think this inconsistency is caused by the fact that you're using an encrypted network with a password, since everything seems to be in working order (outside of not getting SP's anymore).

EDIT: Just tested out the Windows method on a single Wi-Fi card. It seems that it won't have an internet connection at all with certain MACs.

EDIT2: Just tried it out manually with the main prime MAC (4E:53:50:4F:4F:46) and it worked. It seems like it's as I suspected. Windows won't connect to the internet with all MACs. Maybe not even to all Prime MACs, though I can't be sure of that. It says it's an "unknown network" if it can't recognize an attwifi MAC. So it might be a limitation of Windows users that they have a relatively small pool of working MACs to choose from.

9. The Mystical One

The Mystical One Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Still unable to get the Windows 7 method working.

Local Area Connection : Connected to Internet via cable, shared with Virtual Wifi
    Wifi (actual wireless connection): Not Connected, MAC: 4F53504F4F46
    Virtual Wifi (virtual wifi miniport): attwifi, Virtual Router Manager

TMac is showing the Virtual Wifi's Actual MAC as XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX (Inactive: YY-YY-YY-YY-YY-YY)
    Where the X's are replaced by the normal Wifi MAC (plus 1!) and the inactive is fairly random (and can change, unless I macshift the virtual wifi for some reason)
    It is showing the Wifi connection's MAC as 4F-53-50-4F-4F-46

I can connect to the internet through attwifi on the 3DS. No streetpass.

Anyone else have it super not work and then get it working?

Also tried it with using the wifi to connect to the internet and also be the shared point and I can again get internet through attwifi, but not streetpasses.

10. The Mystical One

Newcomer

United States
    Also tried it with using the wifi to connect to the internet and also be the shared point and I can again get internet through attwifi, but not streetpasses.

11. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just switched the command to see if it has any effect. Otherwise didn't work overnight.

12. triumph01

triumph01 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    2. Only manual adding
    2b. No lists possible! Just Manual adding.

If anyone knows a short Method let me know. :yaysp:

13. MagusCoD

MagusCoD Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Well, after all the day, I got it to work using VMWare and Windows XP.
    I use those buffalo driver on my Nintendo WFC and it works great.
    Anyone with Windows XP have one script with auto MAC changer? I tried that one Chaldron made but it did not work.

14. LAA

LAA GBAtemp Fan

Yeah same as me still...
    Dont know what else I can try.
    I'll let you know if I get it working or not.

15. Patxinco

Could you post screenshots, so we can see what could be?

16. The Mystical One

Newcomer

United States
    I posted one earlier in the thread...
    Note that the 'Inactive' MAC shown in the virtual wifi was from when I tried to macshift the virtual one (after a lot of other things failed, I tried that on a whim). if I macshift -r that connection, it just goes back to something fully random-seeming.

Here's the specific post: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-17#post-4741144
    You can read the next few pages from there if you would like to see mine and LAA's difficulties so that we aren't re-explaining every time. :)

Note: it is a screenshot of my Wifi as internet connection and virtual host attempt, but the results were the same if I used the local as well.

17. Patxinco

Could you post this ones like me, so i can see them?, the one on the left is the details one

Attached Files:

18. MisoSoup

MisoSoup Member
    Newcomer

Is the MAC address of the virtual router supposed to be the same as the spoofed MAC address of the WiFi card? Because for me, the WiFi card spoofs its MAC address but the virtual router always keeps its own.

19. The Mystical One

Newcomer

United States

That's what mine looks like as viewed in TMAC.

Can't post a screenshot right now. Don't have the laptop set up/time to set it up right now. Will do so later.

20. Patxinco

It has to be like that, the one who has to change is the real device one, not the virtual, since the virtual picks the MAC from the real.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Streetpass, homemade, Relay