Status
Not open for further replies.

ArceusRules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Could somebody please fill duke_srg's nzone.exe method for 9.3+? I have launched: nzone.exe start BASE256, the network is showing up and was connected automatically by my 3DS, I have closed the lid, left the 3DS on but I am not receiving streetpassers. I am using Windows 7 with a WPA-2 protected networked (passworded.)

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've had this successfully up and running twice once with attwifi and once with NZ@McD1. my most recent attempt was with attwifi and I had everything running smooth with my WiFi shared between my remote and my actual internet cause I don't want a dead laptop and don't wanna wire up either. When I wasn't getting hits on attwifi I went through virtual router to change back to NZ@McD1 when I did my laptop no longer said the remote server had internet access yet when I connect my 3DS to it it works fine? Even tested with youtube to see if the internet was running. So what's going on there? Also when I was on NZ@McD1 I got 29 street passes on ORAS(but no eon ticket DX) but never got a blue light saying I had a street pass any advice? update: so I did some MACycling than checked ORAS to see if I haf any hits and it turns out that there ISN'T internet access after all so how do I rerig my remote to my wifi like I had it?

Changing SSID after MAC cycling confuses the DHCP of main router. Reboot main router time. Clear the cache. also make sure to release renew IPs from virtual and PC. Or just unplug everything for 1 minute...

Streetpasses aren't blue lights. They're green. Blue is Nintendo Zone. Red means you need juice. Orange means charging. If it starts vibrating and emitting smoke, run. If it starts floating and cursing your mother, get a priest.

But wait, before you do anything, stop changing the SSID for more hits. It's working just fine, right? You just need to wait another 8 hours before the cycle list can be accepted by the 3DS. Or you can add more to the MAC cycle lists. Great place to find them are HERE.

Not the actual MACs, but the region/mac list numbers. Add those to your GBATEMP,BASE16 list. No spaces, just commas. They even have some for specific games (like ORAS). I tried Street Fighter and SSMB and my games were lit green and full constantly. But eventually the 8 hour wait period kicks in or I would lose connection to internet. (that's my fualt)

You might want to also slow down the cycle timing. I've noticed the list on default goes by rather quickly. I tried speeding up, but I think the real trick would be slowing down. Bullet time for MAC cycling.

Remember, it works! It's just not making your bed and taking your dog for a walk. I wish it would. (and I think Srg does too, seems pretty exhausted of us n00bs showing him our bums)

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody please fill duke_srg's nzone.exe method for 9.3+? I have launched: nzone.exe start BASE256, the network is showing up and was connected automatically by my 3DS, I have closed the lid, left the 3DS on but I am not receiving streetpassers. I am using Windows 7 with a WPA-2 protected networked (passworded.)

Uhhh... WPA-2 is on. Yeaaaah... no. Best way to run it is open with mac filters set to allow not deny. Remember, Nintendo wanted it accessible to everyone and the DS only runs WEP (and poorly at that). Your main network can run using WPA-2, but the attwifi needs to be open which leaves your PC exposed.

ArceusRules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Uhhh... WPA-2 is on. Yeaaaah... no. Best way to run it is open with mac filters set to allow not deny. Remember, Nintendo wanted it accessible to everyone and the DS only runs WEP (and poorly at that). Your main network can run using WPA-2, but the attwifi needs to be open which leaves your PC exposed.

The original DS can only connect to WEP networks, not the 3DS XL though - 3DS XL's can connect to WPA-2 networks and it detected the hotspot without requiring me to enter a password. What is the issue with WPA-2?

And are you familiar with the method I am using? It creates a network called ConsoleNintendo3DS, not attwifi. Also, attwifi is pretty much obsolete now, everybody uses NZ@McD1.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original DS can only connect to WEP networks, not the 3DS XL though - 3DS XL's can connect to WPA-2 networks and it detected the hotspot without requiring me to enter a password. What is the issue with WPA-2?

And are you familiar with the method I am using?

Nope. I have no idea. Just leave it opened. It's easier.

It creates a network called ConsoleNintendo3DS, not attwifi. Also, attwifi is pretty much obsolete now, everybody uses NZ@McD1.

Right. But one 3DS may be pulling the hits and other is getting the scraps. While NZ@McD1 is nice, attwifi still works. But considering your firmware... I think that may have changed. Try it. See if it helps. If not, just go back to one wifi SSID. No harm done.

And make sure your DHCP allows more than 3 connections and disable WPA-2. Leave it opened. If you you must get fancy, you can try using MAC filter. Just remember to enter the 3DS macs AND your PC macs as well set to ALLOW only. Or is it PERMIT? I forget... so tired.

ArceusRules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Nope. I have no idea. Just leave it opened. It's easier.

Right. But one 3DS may be pulling the hits and other is getting the scraps. While NZ@McD1 is nice, attwifi still works. But considering your firmware... I think that may have changed. Try it. See if it helps. If not, just go back to one wifi SSID. No harm done.

And make sure your DHCP allows more than 3 connections and disable WPA-2. Leave it opened. If you you must get fancy, you can try using MAC filter. Just remember to enter the 3DS macs AND your PC macs as well set to ALLOW only. Or is it PERMIT? I forget... so tired.

There is no way I am opening my network, I hate even having it set to WEP.

Not to mention, my 3DS connects to the hotspot automatically, detects it as a Nintendo Zone, and opening the Nintendo Zone app it fully connects, no wifi errors.

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Windows 7 x32 or x64? Again, WPA-2. Bad. Make it opened until you know it works.

See, it's not the router or your networks that have issues with WPA. It's the 3DS spotpassing. It can work, but there's something about password protection that makes the streetpasses null. (another reason why firmware updates are bad)

Imagine you take your 3DS for a walk. You pass another 3DS. Pass is sent/received. While both are capable of password protection, neither use it to send the request. So setting up an actual Nintendo Zone becomes a bit more complicated, but they are normally set to open to allow the public easy access and allow the streetpasses to send/receive. (like at a McDonald's)

All we are doing is telling our routers to warn our 3DS "no, you need permission first" and it tucks its tail and leaves without streetpasses. So then we tell our 3DS the magic password and it says "yay! gimme!" it works, but the streetpasses have no idea what the magic word is.

When you really think bout it, Nintendo is really pro open access. Yes, this is dangerous, allowing hacking, but it also makes the playing field even. So don't pee on the field.

That's why I've been using MAC filtering. All I'm doing is telling my router that this device has to be on my list before it gets into my open bar. But if the 3DS or hacker says, "yeah, that's me", I'm screwed. But hey, at least I tried. And most people barely understand this anyways, yet alone knows how to mac spoof into a network. Especially 3DS users. The worst thing about leaving it opened is that some bum or passerby will be like, "oh hey! free internet..." and then keeps walking. Your neighbors might abuse it, but most are too busy trying to hog their own wifi. Enter the MAC filter. Now they need to be on your party list to play.

So not only do I have a MAC list telling me the names of people invited to my party, but now I only have enough chairs for a certain amount of people. Enter the DHCP. If I say 1, it will only let one of those people on my list in at a time. But I want a party for 3 plus me. So I put in their MACs, and my laptop wifi and ethernet which makes 5 in total. Now only we can party, and they have to be on my invite list.

So my recommendation:

Open. DHCP 10. MAC filter your 3DSes and your laptop wifi & ethernet. Problem solved. No magic words needed and streetpasses get shared.

It also allows any DS 3DS to use this wifi without encryption. This is really good for people who use DsTwo and DS/DSi handhelds. Remember, open bar. You have to be on the list. Wait until a chair is available. Doesn't matter if you speak WEP or WAP or WAP-2. Just need to be invited and have someplace to sit.

ArceusRules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Windows 7 x32 or x64? Again, WPA-2. Bad. Make it opened until you know it works.

See, it's not the router or your networks that have issues with WPA. It's the 3DS spotpassing. It can work, but there's something about password protection that makes the streetpasses null. (another reason why firmware updates are bad)

Imagine you take your 3DS for a walk. You pass another 3DS. Pass is sent/received. While both are capable of password protection, neither use it to send the request. So setting up an actual Nintendo Zone becomes a bit more complicated, but they are normally set to open to allow the public easy access and allow the streetpasses to send/receive. (like at a McDonald's)

All we are doing is telling our routers to warn our 3DS "no, you need permission first" and it tucks its tail and leaves without streetpasses. So then we tell our 3DS the magic password and it says "yay! gimme!" it works, but the streetpasses have no idea what the magic word is.

When you really think bout it, Nintendo is really pro open access. Yes, this is dangerous, allowing hacking, but it also makes the playing field even. So don't pee on the field.

That's why I've been using MAC filtering. All I'm doing is telling my router that this device has to be on my list before it gets into my open bar. But if the 3DS or hacker says, "yeah, that's me", I'm screwed. But hey, at least I tried. And most people barely understand this anyways, yet alone knows how to mac spoof into a network. Especially 3DS users. The worst thing about leaving it opened is that some bum or passerby will be like, "oh hey! free internet..." and then keeps walking. Your neighbors might abuse it, but most are too busy trying to hog their own wifi. Enter the MAC filter. Now they need to be on your party list to play.

So not only do I have a MAC list telling me the names of people invited to my party, but now I only have enough chairs for a certain amount of people. Enter the DHCP. If I say 1, it will only let one of those people on my list in at a time. But I want a party for 3 plus me. So I put in their MACs, and my laptop wifi and ethernet which makes 5 in total. Now only we can party, and they have to be on my invite list.

So my recommendation:

Open. DHCP 10. MAC filter your 3DSes and your laptop wifi & ethernet. Problem solved. No magic words needed and streetpasses get shared.

It also allows any DS 3DS to use this wifi without encryption. This is really good for people who use DsTwo and DS/DSi handhelds. Remember, open bar. You have to be on the list. Wait until a chair is available. Doesn't matter if you speak WEP or WAP or WAP-2. Just need to be invited and have someplace to sit.

Funny, I already knew all this and I am a 3ds user... then again I have used Aircrack before. My second hobby is hacking :P The whole point of the method though was to make streetpass/homepass work on 9.4 using Windows, it is an automated script and duke never said it needed open encryption.

ArceusRules

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Funny, I already knew all this and I am a 3ds user... then again I have used Aircrack before. My second hobby is hacking :P The whole point of the method though was to make streetpass/homepass work on 9.4 using Windows, it is an automated script and duke never said it needed open encryption.
My issues with open encryption:

Anybody can connect unless you have MAC address filtering
Using Aircrack and Airodump, MAC filtering can be bypassed. And if they spoof their MAC, bam. They are on the whitelist.
Anybody can obtain wireless information via cmd after connecting.
Susceptible to ARP spoofing and DNS cache poisoning.
Wi-fi ARP relay vulnerabilities can be an issue.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

CrescentLeaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem when setting up my Homepass connection - not anything involving streetpass yet.

I am using the Windows 7 setup.
I follow the guide to the letter and everything is ok until i have to connect my 3DS to attwifi.
When I try to connect my 3DS to attwifi I always get a "Could not connect to the access point" error.

I then entered the settings manually like the guide said, but i still get the same error.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Now THAT'S an awesome link. It should be bumped into instructions.
I doub't that because 3dbrew is the well-known resource and because all the necessary data is already wcploited in the homepass scripts. I can't imagine why you have tried different SSID cases if it is mentioned everywhere as attwifi and NZ@McD1 :)

As for the routers, oce again:
MAIN router in router mode with DHCP server enabled,
Nintendo Zone router in router mode connected by WAN port to the LAN port of the MAIN, DHCP configured for WAN port, also DHCP server enabled.
In this configuretaion Nintendo OZne will have DNS server configured automatically from the MAIN router. In AccessPoint mode the device doues not need dns server configured because it is only transferring packets vetween wired and wireless subnet. But the script is working inside the router and needs a domain name resolution.

And please stop troubleshot users while you're not as deep in the topic. You just had a huge but useless conversation with ArceusRules :)

CrescentLeaf Please follow Before anything else link in the first post of the thread

Osmosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay duke_srg! I got it working again!

Just popped main router IP into static and local DNS on the NZone router. Turned DHCP back on, left WAN as static and duplicated LAN settings to it. Now I can run commands. No nzone.sh errors. I can access via cable and network to NZone router.

The funny thing is that I didn't plug main into WAN. Instead I just plugged into LAN port but left WAN settings on. I also went into main router and static IPed the NZone router to 192.168.1.3. I also went into main router DNS and just made sure it knew 192.168.1.1.

I left both wireless SSIDs up and just made sure 3DS was off until I established connection through the Nzone router to google and other routers. Only problem is while connected by cable to NZone router I can't access main router. So.... yeah. I'll leave it like that.

Just covered some bases. But it works. Maybe went a bit overboard.

Nintendo Zone lights up & notifies. All my games get streetpasses. And I can barely keep up with the flow. Very satisfied.

BTW, running 9.2 firmware. Never gonna upgrade till gateway gets their act in gear.

Thanks for the pointers! May the forum gods have mercy on you...

*goes back to puzzle completion*

CrescentLeaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for responding so quickly.

But when I try maccheck.cmd I end up with...

Invalid XSL format <or> file name.
Invalid XSL format <or> file name.
No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found

EDIT: And yes, I did disable other wireless adapters

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
CrescentLeaf You should ask google for "wmic Invalid XSL format", if should be easily fixed. I believe the simpliest method is to switch to the en-us locale, but it may be fixed for any locale for sure with a bit more work.

CrescentLeaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Strange.
The first time i ran the script after changing language it gave me a bunch of driver details

Now it only gives me...

C:\Users\********\C:\maccheck.cmd
Press any key to continue . . .

If I press Enter a few times it will eventually randomly give the first 2 digits of a MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1