www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ah thanks! I'll try that in a sec. I accidentally got it working perfectly with running it through windows but I'd rather have it on my router. Also, quick question, can I have a password on my router after that or do I have to leave it unsecured?
If you have updated your 3DS to 9.3.0 or higher, then password can't be used to get a homepass working.

superdbop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a why to turn this off? It seems the whenever I turn in my PC, it starts. I would like to go onto the eshop.
also if there's a way to set the mac address back to normal.

"nzone.exe stop" is the command for stopping the nzone script.

What I do is connect my 3DS to my normal home network/router and leave my "homepass" computer on with nzone running. This way I'm always online, but my 3DS still gets streetpasses without me having to do anything extra.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
"nzone.exe stop" is the command for stopping the nzone script.

What I do is connect my 3DS to my normal home network/router and leave my "homepass" computer on with nzone running. This way I'm always online, but my 3DS still gets streetpasses without me having to do anything extra.
Cool. Thank you. Also...
1: Do I need my "non wifi" connection plugged and shared with my nzone connection still?
2: Does the NintendoZone connection need to be named. NZ@McDonald or attwifi?
3: Will a USB for the NintendoZone connection like, connect better streetpasses?

D4rkDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know it's kind of a newbie/noob question, but, when I set NZ@McD1 as a SSID (Windows 8.1 Hosted Network), the 3DS recognizes it as a Nintendo Zone, but I get no StreetPasses from it. It has also been like this since I've done the 9.4.0-21E Update.
Is there any way I could fix this ?
(Sorry for bothering, it's just that I wasn't able to find a way on the Internet to fix it...)

Edit: Just to precise, I'm using Prime MACs. (essentially 4E53504F4F45 and 4E53504F4F46)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So my setup is:
DD-WRT
SSID: attwifi or nz@mcd1
Encryption: none
Using cycler script: BASE256,GBATEMP
Works on 9.2 but not on 9.4
What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
I was not having this problem yesterday.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 239

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flashed a Linksys WRT160N V3 to dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3.bin.

I followed THIS INSTRUCTIONAL for configuring DD-WRT as an access point running behind my main router.

I know this is more of a networking issue, but I keep getting the infamous "nzone.sh not found" error. This means the AP isn't getting internet access but is getting intranet.

Exactly how should I be configuring my WAN and LAN IPs? I know the gateway IP needs to be set to the main router IP. Yet disabling the WAN CONNECTION TYPE means I lose access to the Nzone router over the network even when I wire connect using 192.168.1.9 as my laptop IP.

I have one main gateway router and another AP router PLUS the Nzone router. So my IPs are:

MAIN:
192.168.1.1​
(connected to FiOS)​
AP 1:
192.168.1.2​
(connected to main)​
Nzone AP:
192.168.1.3​
(connected to main as well)​

I also set the Nzone AP's gateway to 192.168.1.1 and sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't.

So my main question is this:

How the heck should I be setting my Nzone AP DD-WRT configuration?

I don't want my entire network to have access. I just want the linksys to be a personal hotspot I can get hits from. So I run BOTH the "attwifi" and "NZ@McD1" with only 1 client open with MAC filter set to 3DS.

Should I also enable the MAC clone address when running this command? My 3DS will recognize it, I get the Nintendo Zone, it sometimes gets internet, but after a few streetpasses, it stops. Then I manually change the clone MAC and then get a few more, but the command seems to not be working. Other times it works for a few hours, then just stops and I have to completely reset and start all over. Very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

BTW, love these forums since I bought my DS2 and can't wait for my GW3DS to arrive. I about blew my top when I found this thread. However, I've lost the past week (and sometimes my mind) trying to get it to work. I even stumped a network IT student trying to explain this. So I guess these threads are going to be home for a while...

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I know it's kind of a newbie/noob question, but, when I set NZ@McD1 as a SSID (Windows 8.1 Hosted Network), the 3DS recognizes it as a Nintendo Zone, but I get no StreetPasses from it. It has also been like this since I've done the 9.4.0-21E Update.
Is there any way I could fix this ?
(Sorry for bothering, it's just that I wasn't able to find a way on the Internet to fix it...)

Edit: Just to precise, I'm using Prime MACs. (essentially 4E53504F4F45 and 4E53504F4F46)
Glowing Nintendo Zone app is based only on SSID detection, 3ds do not connect to it at this phase.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I flashed a Linksys WRT160N V3 to dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt160nv3.bin.

I followed THIS INSTRUCTIONAL for configuring DD-WRT as an access point running behind my main router.

I know this is more of a networking issue, but I keep getting the infamous "nzone.sh not found" error. This means the AP isn't getting internet access but is getting intranet.

Exactly how should I be configuring my WAN and LAN IPs? I know the gateway IP needs to be set to the main router IP. Yet disabling the WAN CONNECTION TYPE means I lose access to the Nzone router over the network even when I wire connect using 192.168.1.9 as my laptop IP.

I have one main gateway router and another AP router PLUS the Nzone router. So my IPs are:

MAIN:
192.168.1.1​
(connected to FiOS)​
AP 1:
192.168.1.2​
(connected to main)​
Nzone AP:
192.168.1.3​
(connected to main as well)​

I also set the Nzone AP's gateway to 192.168.1.1 and sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't.

So my main question is this:

How the heck should I be setting my Nzone AP DD-WRT configuration?

I don't want my entire network to have access. I just want the linksys to be a personal hotspot I can get hits from. So I run BOTH the "attwifi" and "NZ@McD1" with only 1 client open with MAC filter set to 3DS.

Should I also enable the MAC clone address when running this command? My 3DS will recognize it, I get the Nintendo Zone, it sometimes gets internet, but after a few streetpasses, it stops. Then I manually change the clone MAC and then get a few more, but the command seems to not be working. Other times it works for a few hours, then just stops and I have to completely reset and start all over. Very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

BTW, love these forums since I bought my DS2 and can't wait for my GW3DS to arrive. I about blew my top when I found this thread. However, I've lost the past week (and sometimes my mind) trying to get it to work. I even stumped a network IT student trying to explain this. So I guess these threads are going to be home for a while...
Nintendo Zone router must have DNS server configured. You need to configure it as router and connect to the MAN by WAN port for easy setup.

Reactions: Osmosis

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Zone router must have DNS server configured. You need to configure it as router and connect to the MAN (MAIN OR LAN?) by WAN port for easy setup.

So setup DNS on NZ router. Use the NZ router WAN port to connect to the main router LAN port? NZ router shouldn't be set as GATEWAY but instead ROUTER (which is what I've been doing). Don't disable WAN on NZ router. So should I keep it DHCP or STATIC? If STATIC just copy LAN IP/SUB/GATE/DNS?

Do I setup DNS on the main router as well? (I obviously have never used DNS before)

Another thing I just learned is I've been locking myself out of the NZ router by using MAC filter. Forgot to add the laptop MACs for both LAN/WiFi. Now I can find it. But without DNS setup, streetpasses aren't working yet.

As far as code, the
Code:
* /15 * * *
part of the
Code:
/tmp/nzone
that's timing, correct? Does it only work in cron? How do I set it through command? It keeps saying
Code:
/15 not found
Also, do I need to leave
Code:
root
in cron? Again, command doesn't like root. And last, cron is activated by using WPS button, yes? So should I add
Code:
/tmp/nzone stop; /tmp/nzone start
to the cron code?

My nzone cron code list looks like:
Code:
* /10 * * * * root /tmp/nzone BASE16,GBATEMP,18,49,77,78,94
I just added a few regions to the initial nzone.sh setup code which looks like this:
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP,18,49,77,78,94

Any suggestions of the "sweet spot" for regions lists? I'd love to see a few examples...

Besides my ignorance, I've noticed something else over the past week:

attwifi = streetpasses + browser/internet - NZone access

NZ@McD1 = streetpasses + NZone access - browser/internet

BOTH = notify that Nintendo Zone is nearby + streetpasses (when it works!)

Does this mean that online play is limited to the attwifi SSID only?

It's also VERY important that NZ@McD1 be capped and lowered just like that. I also noticed attwifi needs to be lowercase.

So I tried a little something crazy... I hosted both. Only connected 3DS to attwifi, but now I can get my NZone to light up and use my browser. Yet if I need to actually use Nintendo Zone, I can just switch connections. Oddly I was having more success with NZ@McD1 when it came to passes.

Also, Nintendo Zone requires firmware updates as does shop. This is bad for Gateway users who can't go past 9.2. So don't do it and remember to turn off notifications for Spotpass.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, seems I was not completely awake yet and it used to work.

So my setup is:
DD-WRT
SSID: attwifi or nz@mcd1
Encryption: none
Using cycler script: BASE256,GBATEMP
Works on 9.2 but not on 9.4
What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You know that the SSID is case-sensitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaiE6_-OTfE