[HOW-TO] Have a homemade Streetpass Relay

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by dicamarques, Aug 9, 2013.

?
  1. Linux

90 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Android

132 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Router

225 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Windows

418 vote(s)
    36.3%
  5. A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

286 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States

Well that kinda sucks. Guess I'm out of luck on cycling automatically then.

2. Sev501

Sev501 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2012
    Philippines
    Hi, firstly thanks for this useful cycler/macro...
    If it's not too much hassle is it possible for you to add in this command after it has changed MAC addresses...

Code:
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    This is for just us with the Atheros Wifi Adapter chip on our machines, whenever you perform the MAC change, it disables the hosted network...

If it's ok can you make a version of your script with said functionality? Much appreciated and thank you for all the help.

3. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 16, 2013
    Vietnam
    Chaldron Can I use your script with connectify?

4. RedHero

RedHero GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2008
    Netherlands

I suppose you could mess around with the profile settings first, try different ones. If that doesn't work, you could try using some other settings. I'm using slightly older Android firmware (4.0.4), so maybe you need that no-tether interface option checked if you have 4.2 or higher.

5. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I have no fucking idea.
    I can't find the option to change the MAC address on my phone, the 3DS doesn't even recognizeit as a NZone spot when its called attwifi. Help?

Phone; HTC Sensation on Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Idk how to or where the options for editing Mac is, but it isn't in the inbuilt tether app...

6. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 16, 2013
    Vietnam
    You'll have to root your phone and change system files. Or use that wifi Tether app.

7. Plasma Shadow

May 15, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I have no fucking idea.
    I forgot to mention, it has CyanogenMod 10.2 so it is rooted. And what WiFi tether app? There's 100's. Is there a specific one that will give me the option go change/spoof MAC address?

EDIT: the 3DSs said an Nzone is here but it couldn't connect to it....

8. RedHero

RedHero GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2008
    Netherlands

False, it doesn't need to be in sleep mode at all. In fact, if you don't use it in sleep mode, it'll search for a Nintendo Network every 30 seconds, maybe even less. If you have it closed it's more like 5 minutes (unless you restart the 3DS and close it). Downside is that the green streetpass light only burns for a few seconds and you might miss it (but you can check messages to see if you got any). I've done this before, which is why I know it works.

9. RedHero

RedHero GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2008
    Netherlands
    This one, needs a manual install:
    https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

Sorry for the double post.

10. psamora

psamora Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    Brazil
    Hello. First of all, I would like to congratulate everyone that has contributed to this topic. You guys don’t know how nice is to finally have a chance to eventually enjoy the Mii Plaza. Here in Brazil it’s not only really hard to get StreetPasses, but there’s also no plan for relay points and Nintendo Zones anytime soon. Sadly, I’ve not been able to make it work yet.

I'm using a Windows 7 with a wired connection and an unused wireless network named Wi-Fi, which I've configured with the MAC address as oriented. Using the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter, I created the attwifi network, connected my 3DS to it and now I can access both the internet and the Nintendo Zone page, but I've not yet been able to StreetPass anyone. In fact, the 3DS, when closed, only rarely communicate with the attwifi, which might be related to the problem.

Either way, that’s why I came asking for advice. Anyone has any idea how I should proceed? I’ve updated a photo of my “Network Connections” page just in case I messed up somewhere. It’s in Portuguese: http://i.imgur.com/kI58g9G.jpg . By the way, I don’t know why there are two Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapters, but only the later has been used until now. It might be related. Or not.

11. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 16, 2013
    Vietnam
    Funny. It looks exactly like mine.

12. Pete Bräsler

Pete Bräsler Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    Hi there,

I have set it up this morning, and the Nintendo Zone Icon appears on my 3DS XL. However, is this trick region specific? Seeing as I am in South Africa, I selected: NintendoSpotpass1. When I open the Nintendo Zone app, it gives me an error message: 013-8805 - Could not find page.

Is this because I would have to be located in the EU region in order for this to work? Please help.

13. Brodius

Brodius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    United States
    And I don't have the ability to do this... From what I can tell.

14. Plasma Shadow

May 15, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I have no fucking idea.
    It won't let me grant Superuser, it Denies it straight away. It works with errors and failed with MAC changing....

15. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    Tried both W8 and Linux methods, the Windows method gives me the error "hosted netwok can't be started" when I change my wireless adapter MAC adress, but once i restore it to it's default the hosted network works again, and the Linux Method shows the comand properly, but my 3DS doesn't detect the spoofed NZone...

16. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 16, 2013
    Vietnam
    It's not region locked.
    Check your Superuser app.

17. Plasma Shadow

May 15, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I have no fucking idea.
    For what? I tried to allow permissions but Idk how for one as there is no list of apps that you can change the permissions for.

18. Duo8

Duo8 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 16, 2013
    Vietnam
    Check it's settings. You may have auto deny enabled.

19. Koldur

Koldur Virtual Boy Ambassador

Feb 2, 2008
    Netherlands

Thanks for all your efforts, I followed your instructions to the letter, but still nothing here... Weird, I am starting to think the micro build has some things removed involving the rotating scripts.

20. Plasma Shadow

May 15, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I have no fucking idea.

Idek where that is. Everything gets granted except the Setting Mac address and softap

The Mac address I'm ttyna use is 4e:53:50:4f:4f:46

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted