Homebrew How To Hack Nintendo 3DS XL with firmware 11.9 newbie questions

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone
I am really new at this and I need some advice as to how to make this work. I havent used my nintendo 3ds xl in such a long time but today I updated it to version 11.9 figured mind as well be on the latest version. I really want to hack the 3ds xl and I read the 3ds hack guide but honestly dont understand a word of it, I read it a few times still dont get it and I dont want to mess anything up. Maybe someone can post a simple guide for newbies as to how to do this right. I already have a 32GB Sandisk Ultra SD card and I formatted it on my PC today(To FAT 32, it was automatically set to that) would really appreciate any help I can get on this dont want to brick my 3DS obviously
Thanks

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guide is the simplest guide there is. Don't follow video guides is my advice. If you don't understand it, maybe it's best to not install CFW as you're likely going to make a mistake during the process or after you've installed CFW.

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah Im looking through it and just dont get it at all..its not a step by step thing..it goes all over the place, talking about extensions and windows files, etc
Ok so I scrolled through all the jargon and it says if you have version 11.9 to go to straight to
Installing boot9strap (Frogminer)

and then it mentions when I click that:

What You Need

Does that sound about right..so first I have to download all of those files??

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
yeah Im looking through it and just dont get it at all..its not a step by step thing..it goes all over the place, talking about extensions and windows files, etc
Ok so I scrolled through all the jargon and it says if you have version 11.9 to go to straight to
Installing boot9strap (Frogminer)

and then it mentions when I click that:

What You Need

Does that sound about right..so first I have to download all of those files??
Do this, it's easier:
https://3ds.eiphax.tech/fredminer.html
I assume you have a US 3ds by your profile flag.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh . . . nice... how long has this been a thing?
About a week. It's kinda getting a soft launch so we can make sure it's ready for prime time.
It will probably make the main guide in a week or two.
No reason to rush, frogminer is pretty dependable.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About a week. It's kinda getting a soft launch so we can make sure it's ready for prime time.
I thought the only free DSiWare game was Daily Health Journal on the JPN eShop. Aren't US users required to spend at least $2 on EA Sudoku? Isn't that the primary reason why Frogminer is recommended now?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the only free DSiWare game was Daily Health Journal on the JPN eShop. Aren't US users required to spend at least $2 on EA Sudoku? Isn't that the primary reason why Frogminer is recommended now?
US users use steel divers which is a free game to use frogminer with. I think its just EU users that dont have a freeware yet.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
US users use steel divers which is a free game to use frogminer with.
I'm referring to this new "fredminer" guide, which refers to "any DSiWare game" and says that "US and JP both have free DSiWare on the eShop".

At the risk of stating the obvious, Steel Diver: Sub Wars is a 3DS game and not a DSiWare game.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm referring to this new "fredminer" guide, which refers to "any DSiWare game" and says that "US and JP both have free DSiWare on the eShop".

At the risk of stating the obvious, Steel Diver: Sub Wars is a 3DS game and not a DSiWare game.
The free US dsiware game is Nintendo Fan Network.
https://www.giantbomb.com/nintendo-fan-network/3030-52351/

https://api.qrserver.com/v1/create-qr-code/?data=ESHOP://50010000013696
You can scan that QR to get to its eshop page.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
what in the world . . . i cant believe this is an app (i mean i can but) . . . why did they not make apps like this for all us baseball teams
Nintendo famously used to own a majority of the Mariners until they sold their share a couple of years ago.

Interestingly, people are reporting the app doesn't even work anymore at Safeco field. But Nintendo hasn't taken it down, lucky enough for us.

Reactions: wormdood

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gee. I thought that app was literally available only at Safeco field – but no, using the QR code brings it right up in the eShop. Does it not work with Seedminer for some reason?

(I can definitely see why fredminer would be useful for JPN, since even though Daily Health Journal is free, steelhax is still required to launch the hacked app.)

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do this, it's easier:
https://3ds.eiphax.tech/fredminer.html
I assume you have a US 3ds by your profile flag.

Yes Im in the US..so this is the easiest way to install this? But it mentions having to install a DSiWare game, I dont have any..

Do I still have to do this:

Before You Begin
  1. First, a test: On your console, open System Settings, Internet Settings, DS Connection Settings.
  2. If it loads successfully and you see the old DS menu, proceed to item four.
then it says to do this:

1. A DSiWare game on your console, either already installed or downloaded from the eShop for this process.
  2. The b9stool archive from this link.
  3. The latest Luma release from here.
  4. The latest Homebrew Menu from here
  5. The "private" archive, from here.
I guess that is the first step right..to get those items before I begin anything..I already formatted the SD Card(32GB) to fat32, it was automatic from my PC when I right clicked and went to format

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho +1