How to go legit, never installed emunand.

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is it too late for me? i hacked my sysnand due to thinking i would never want to go legit but now im starting to feel bad. can i just reformat my switch to factory settings and remove all hacks from my SD card or am i still running a risk? sorry if it has (and im sure it has0 been asked a million and one time before.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is it too late for me? i hacked my sysnand due to thinking i would never want to go legit but now im starting to feel bad. can i just reformat my switch to factory settings and remove all hacks from my SD card or am i still running a risk? sorry if it has (and im sure it has0 been asked a million and one time before.
Depends on what you have done, if you never installed any nsps/xcis and never used prodinfo blanking/incognito, you don't really need to do anything, except for maybe removing autorcm to go back to legit.
This is because atmosphere prevents most of the logs, that would be used for flagging a console, from being created and send to nintendo.
Also if you ever went online without nintendos servers blocked (in either cfw or stock) don't remove any system logs, that might have the oposit effect and flag your console.

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve installed countless nsp/xci and was on sxos for the longest time until just recently moving to atmosphere:( probably best bet is to just get another switch ? Would my account or console get banned if I were to try on my current switch first ?

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your sysnand already sent over info to Nintendo, you might already be banned. Here's how to clean your system and all logs and unsent flags.

Choose ONE of the following:
1. Get TegraExplorer and run the SystemWipe Script (https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases/download/4.0.1/TegraExplorer.bin the system wipe script is built into the payload)
2. Get Haku33 and run it (https://github.com/StarDustCFW/Haku33/releases/download/4.4/Haku33.nro)

I am a much bigger fan of TegraExplorer method versus Haku33, although Haku33 is easier for the end user and the end result should be the same.

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If your sysnand already sent over info to Nintendo, you might already be banned. Here's how to clean your system and all logs and unsent flags.

Choose ONE of the following:
1. Get TegraExplorer and run the SystemWipe Script (https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases/download/4.0.1/TegraExplorer.bin the system wipe script is built into the payload)
2. Get Haku33 and run it (https://github.com/StarDustCFW/Haku33/releases/download/4.4/Haku33.nro)

I am a much bigger fan of TegraExplorer method versus Haku33, although Haku33 is easier for the end user and the end result should be the same.
Thanks very much :)

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't sound like they made one
I did I just can’t remember if I went online before backing the nand up or after it’s been a while. I think im going to play it safe and do one of the two options Orgon posted above. Just one more question before I go ahead, if I regret going legit, barring any firmware updates that stop atmosphere, I can always re hack this particular switch right ?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did I just can’t remember if I went online before backing the nand up or after it’s been a while. I think im going to play it safe and do one of the two options Orgon posted above. Just one more question before I go ahead, if I regret going legit, barring any firmware updates that stop atmosphere, I can always re hack this particular switch right ?
If you have a backup from before modding, that might be the safer try, even the readme of the second suggested tool (Haku33) suggest using the backup over the tool in their readme:
https://github.com/StarDustCFW/Haku33/

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

misticknight1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I hacked it , went online by accident and only then made a back up. Still safer you think ?
Depends on what you have done on it at that point.
If you just started cfw at that point, without anything installed at that point, the backup should be safe, since using cfw in itself normally doesn't ban anyone. (I'm normaly going online in atmosphere for quite some time now, don't even remember the last time I bootet stock).
If you already installed nsps at that point, but only from games, it might be safe enough to avoid a ban.

Also since you went online with it already at that point, it might be even more important to use this backup, since otherwise the logs will be mismatched, resulting in a flag.
And if that state was already enough to ban you, the switch probably already is banned, so no harm in trying the backup. ^^

Reactions: CanIHazWarez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)