Gaming How to go about flashing a hitachi drive?

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Back when I had my BenQ I attempted hacking it. I was having tons of problems with getting Jungleflasher to recognize my 360, so I used iPrep to do it. Now that I have a Hitachi drive I can't use iPrep to do it. The problem was that I have to have my 360 plugged into the 1st SATA port, but my hard drive that reads Windows needs to be plugged in there as well. Anyone have any ideas?

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
you don't have any other sata ports on your pc? it should work fine on the 2nd port, since Hitachi are not very picky on which chipset you use.

if you only have 1 port, and your PC hard drive needs it you will have to buy a SATA card somewhere.

what i did was:

hard drive on the first sata port, Hitachi on the 2nd.

you will need SALX 2.1, burn the ISO on a disk then boot from it.

with your xbox 360 on and the PC booting from the SALX2.1 (off the CD), let it load intill it says "spinning up disk..." open the drive and it will finish loading its now in mode b.)

reboot the pc then load into windows, click the eject button once (it wont do anything) then close the drive manually, the power light will blink on the 360 and you should see it in windows.

now you can load up Firmware Toolbox and easily get your key and firmware, and flash it of course :3

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have one last question, although be forewarned as it's incredibly noobish. Even though the image is supposed to be burned on a CD, would it be ok to burn it on a DVD? I don't have any CD discs anymore (who uses CD's anymore!) but I have tons of DVDs, so I'd rather just burn it on that. If I can't burn it directly, wouldn't I just be able to extract the files and folders in the ISO and make a data DVD?

kylsav

Trophies
Website
kylsav.dyndns.org
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Ok I have one last question, although be forewarned as it's incredibly noobish. Even though the image is supposed to be burned on a CD, would it be ok to burn it on a DVD? I don't have any CD discs anymore (who uses CD's anymore!) but I have tons of DVDs, so I'd rather just burn it on that. If I can't burn it directly, wouldn't I just be able to extract the files and folders in the ISO and make a data DVD?

It should work fine just make sure your pc boots from the DVD drive.

never tried it so it cant hurt to test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Talk about propaganda.