Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're fine with Pokesav leaving traces on your save that can be identified by Nintendo, this is not for you!

Now, I have a retail Pokemon Platinum cart.
I don't want Pokesav to leave traces on the save (more info here).
So what of those other event Pokemon in other regions? I can't just load up my save! It can be detected by Nintendo!
But, now I have a solution! Actually two! (For those who don't like getting WCs from the Pokesav DB, and for those that do)

Harder, more legit way:
QUOTE said:
Requirements:
-Retail copy of Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum (some WCs only work on D/P, some only work on Platinum)
-Flashcard
-ROM for the game/region that the event is targeted towards (for example, Oak's Letter that started distributing today in Japan for Platinum only)
-Access to Wi-Fi
-A way to backup your retail save (Rudolph's DS 3-in-1/Wi-Fi Backup Tool or SavSender)
-The appropriate edition of Pokesav for your retail game and region (won't be used on the save itself)
-Nitrohax (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/NitroHax/index.html)
-Common sense?

Grab your retail game and save TWICE. (This is because the backup tools, for some reason, only grab the backup save.)
Now, insert your flashcard or backup device and backup your save.
Copy it over to your computer. If necessary, convert it for your flashcard with this (http://shunyweb.info/convert.php)
Grab the ROM and put it on your flashcard, plus the save file we just converted.
Make sure you can access the Mystery Gift option.
Now select Receive Gift (the 1st option), then From Nintendo WFC (3rd option).
If there's anything available, they'll show up in a list. Select one and press A.
Download the WC and turn off the DS.
Copy the save back to your computer and convert it into a Pokesav-compatible format if necessary.

(Next 4 steps are optional AFAIK)

Open it up with Pokesav and save the gift data (left hand side). It should be a PGT file.
Resave it in Pokesav as a 512KB file.
Point your browser to this (http://projectpokemon.org/editingresearch/pcdsafe.html) and upload your save, then select the appropriate options.
Download the PCD file.

(End optional stuff)

Open up the save in Pokesav.
Click "Export ARDS Codes", then select the following:
-Wonder Card IDs
-1st Gift
-1st Card
(The gift/card may change depending on if you already have a pending gift or a Wonder Card)

Save the XML as cheats.xml.
Load on your flashcard along with Nitrohax. DLDI patch Nitrohax if necessary.
Run Nitrohax and follow the instructions.
Start your game and press L+R.
If you did everything right, then you should have the WC and the guy in the shops ready to give you a gift!
Also, there's no possibility of a hack, and it'll have the correct dates and everything! Amaze your friends and family with this simple hack!

Now for the shorter, cheaper, not-as-legit way:

QUOTERequirements:
-Retail game
-Pokesav
-Flashcard w/Nitrohax or ARDS
-A PCD and a PGT file to inject

Open up Pokesav. Go to the Events, then Mystery Gift Edit section.
Load up the PCD and PGT files.
Export ARDS codes:
-Wonder Card IDs
-1st Gift
-1st Card
(The gift/card may change depending on if you already have a pending gift or a Wonder Card)
Save as cheats.xml
Now, if you have an ARDS, import the cheats (IDK how, sorry)
Or, put Nitrohax and cheats.xml on your flashcard.
Load up Nitrohax/ARDS and select "POKESAV generated".
Run game and press L+R.
If done properly then you should now have WC and guy ready to give you a gift in the shops!

Okay, now I'm done.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So, is Nitrohax some kind of program that lets you use cheats on Legit carts using the EEPROM? (I don't understand this much, feel free to correct me).
Nice Guide!

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nitrohax = ARDS on flashcard for retail games.
Kinda old, but it works well.
Seems to create some graphical glitches on my R4 though (might be the code itself).

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you're having a problem with a virus, this really isn't the thread for it - you'd be best off asking in a new thread or on IRC.

blooddrake

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i decided to wait for the real events to occur, sisnce i won an original platinum cart(now all i need to do is transfer my team from the flashcard to my game, which will take a while)

but them thanks.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, in that case, you could try putting the save onto the actual game with a save backup/restore tool.
Otherwise, I can't help you too much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: BORN 2 GAME FORCED 2 PAY