How to get WiiWare/Virtual Console games to work on my USB hard drive?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Delirious17, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Delirious17
    OP

Member Delirious17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What's the easiest way to get Wiiware/Virtual console games to work on my USB hard drive with USB loader GX?

Thank you guys again! :)

2. CheatFreak47

Member CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

United States
    You want to set up an Emulated NAND?
    Its not 100% compatible with everything- but i find it useful, nonetheless
    You need the latest Version of USB loader GX. Beta revision's should be fine too.
    I recommend the latest D2X cIOS. it requires your USB be FAT32, so there is that.
    in USB loader GX, Go to Settings -> Custom Path's ->EmuNAND Channel Path and set it to the desired folder on the USB Device.
    Do the same for EmuNAND Saves path, if you want to emulate Wii Saves for disk games on your USB.
    Then go to Settings -> Features -> Dump NAND to EmuNAND -> All
    and wait. it takes a while, and will take up about 600mb+ on your USB.
    From there you can install individual wads to the emunand with the features menu. A lot of games won't work.
    Compatibility for WiiWare/VC seems to be around 60% in my experience-- so don't expect too much. always try both Partial and Full Emulation for a game if it won't work. Save emulation for games can be set in individual game settings. Go Wild.

1 person likes this.
  3. Delirious17
    OP

Member Delirious17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I saw the NAND approach...is it not possible to run the wads or the actual content.bin files from the USB hard drive??

Thank you though for the input!

4. CheatFreak47

Member CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

United States
    Im not too much into the EmuNAND stuff. Thats what ive done, and it works for me. Glad i could be of help. Wads and Content.bins are compressed wii data, they need to be put into a nand-like structure with a set of standard nand type files to work- from what i understand. So no. GX already has Wad to EmuNAND- so i wouldnt worry too much. Im not too sure about content.bin's though. Glad to be of help! :)

5. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    NO, Because the wad file is a compressed file. the only way to get it to work from usb, IS a nand approach, by using the dump nand feature in the usb loader, or from building a nand an inserting them to that nand using showmii wads. an using neek/sneek to play them.( i use neek2o, an have yet to have a problem launching/playing them.) usb loaders aren't 100% when it comes to using them to playing them.(some work some don't).