How to get Wiimmfi Working on your DSi Without a Flashcart!

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials' started by banjo2, May 30, 2018.

?
  1. Yes!

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. No...

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. i don't even have a dsi lol

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. I haven't tried it yet.

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    You can always change it back, just do it when you're not planning to play DS games online.

I believe those could mean various things... Maybe try restarting your router.

2. theoldbucwild

theoldbucwild GBAtemp Regular

Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    23924 means wrong game id for profile. literally no clue as to what this means

3. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    Post updated, you no longer need a hacked system. Anyone know how to change GBATemp thread titles? :P

4. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot Your average GBAtemp fanboy

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    The RC24 DNS is very limited for now and it either shows 20100 (not to be confused with 20110, the discontinuation code) or 61020, a GameSpy error code.
    The only game that did work was Tetris Party Live.

Magicrafter13 likes this.
  5. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    Hmm, works fine for me on Metroid Prime Hunters and UNO. Should I put the Kaeru DNS on there as well?

6. Trash_Bandatcoot

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    The new tutorial doesn't work, and I don't blame you, I blame shutterbug2000 a bit for now for releasing something that doesn't work (yet).
    Weird, I even tested the Kaeru DNS, same result.
    Is it maybe because the European game isn't supported yet?

7. barronwaffles

barronwaffles GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2014
    Syria
    The exploit works nigh on perfectly, I've been utilizing it on my server without any issues for a few days - Shutterbug2000 literally opened up the *entire* library of WFC enabled titles for people who didn't have either a flashcart or a cheat device.
    Region isn't an issue - either there's a (temporary) server hiccup or you haven't configured something correctly.

Last edited by barronwaffles, Nov 6, 2018
  8. Trash_Bandatcoot

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I use a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. Maybe that's the issue(?), because I don't have any access to router settings.

9. barronwaffles

barronwaffles GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2014
    Syria
    Configure that PC to use the Wiimmfi / Kaeru DNS.

10. Trash_Bandatcoot

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I did. I still get error 61020.

11. Magicrafter13

Magicrafter13 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    I changed my DNS settings properly, and went to try this with Mario vs Donkey Minis March Again, but I got the 20110 discontinuation error code. Did the IP change? Is it not even up anymore? I can't test with Tetris Party Live, as my copy of Tetris Party Live (DSiWare) has actually been patched itself, for Wiimmfi.

12. Tyrell D. Barnes

Tyrell D. Barnes Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    United States
    Oxnard, CA
    Can confirm a similar case with Pokémon Black Version 2 (USA) on retail using a Nintendo DSi.

Long story short, despite having configured the connection settings to connect to 164.132.44.106, the game throws error 20110. This has been tested on both secured and unsecured protocols using the home router, a NETGEAR Gateway C6300 DOCSIS Cable Modem (only capable of unprotected and WPA encryption types). I've even attempted erasing the WFC data, to no avail.

...Two things that baffle me: It refused the connection even on an unsecured line, and a friend of mine confirms he can connect using a router of similar security encryptions.. which leads me to believe it's a router-based issue.

Any insight on this is welcome.

Magicrafter13 likes this.
  13. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    United Kingdom
    On my 3DS, Pokémon preferred my 3DS settings. Given that those are implemented in TWL_FIRM as connections 4, 5, and 6, maybe the DSi also prefers the advanced settings over the compatible ones?