Hacking How to get Wii Sports Resort to work? Update my Wii too

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invariably, over the past couple of years, I have updated my Wii with the latest homebrew then 2 months later completely forget what or how I did.

Maybe you can help me check?

Anyway
here's the timeframe, Wii Sports Resort had just come out, I updated to what ever was the latest "stuff" as far as I know and Wii Sports Resort didn't work. What do I do now?
I don't want to lose any homebrew

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anything you pretty much do will overwrite anything you've done in the past.
for example CIOS38 rev 14 and any other IOS you install will simply overwrite the previous [if any] IOS installed before.
You just need to update you IOS's to play Wii Sports Resort.
What firmware are you on?
I suggest using waninkoko's 4.1 updater and use dop-ios to update your IOS's

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God i can't believe everytime I do this I forget everything so much that it all sounds foreign.

But I am on 4.0 now. Everything was ok, some things wouldn't install like some wads.

If I could treat it as a blank slate install (like everything overwrites everything) that'd be great. What things do I need then?

What are some good utilities I should have?

I know I have something installed that can let me boot into a secret menu somehow if my Wii gets bricked. Bootmii I think.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Read through my guide, follow xzxero's guide. You shouldn't need to follow that guide to virginize your Wii though.

Speaking of that, I don't think that should really be in your guide at all xzxero. I feel like someone with a boot2v4 Wii is gonna eventually try to "start over" and follow that virginizing guide and brick themselves in downgrading to 3.2.

It's not like there really is much of a reason to remove any previous hacks before following the guide. The only thing that might conflict with what is done in it is like CIOSCORP or something, in which case they just wouldn't be able to run the hackmii installer at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded