How to get WiFi signal..

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Kumo, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Kumo
    OP

Kumo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    I just got my DS two days ago, with the CycloDS cart. I loaded up the Mario cart Rom and tried wifi mode.
    It actually did work for a few minutes, until the connection was gone again. Now, I get no signal at all. Sometimes it'll get 3bars but only for like 1/5 of a second.

How do you get connection? My desktop uses a Belkin Wireless G Plus Desktop Card with unsecured wireless network. Will that be interoperable with my DS? If so, how? With router or usb connector perhaps?(btw what are those?/what do they do?)

Sorry I'm so clueless.. Help pleaze

2. zidane_genome

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

May 21, 2006
    United States
    If you know how to adjust your routers settings, go into it, and change your broadcast channel to something like 4 or 11 (if it is 11, change it to 4 or 1)

Sometimes there is some interference from cell phones, cordless phones, microwaves, satellites, and anything else that gives off a signal.

In the connection test, does it connect properly?

How far are you from your router when your trying to connect? Remember, the DS only has a 30 foot range, good rule of thumb, for every wall/floor/ceiling your going thru, take 3 feet off the range. So if your a floor above your router, and 3 rooms away, you'll only get about 20 feet. No, this isn't hard fact, but a good rule of thumb...

3. Kumo
    OP

Kumo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    Thanks, but I don't have a wireless router jsut yet. Those things work with wireless desktop cards, right? So where can I get one for real cheap(and works well)?

4. Kumo
    OP

Kumo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    United States
  5. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    nds only works on 802.11b (or b/g mode in most cases). if your router is 'g' only you can't use it.

-another world.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice