How to get WiFi signal..

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Kumo, Aug 18, 2008.

Aug 18, 2008

How to get WiFi signal.. by Kumo at 11:34 PM (1,007 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Kumo
    OP

Newcomer Kumo Newbie

United States
    I just got my DS two days ago, with the CycloDS cart. I loaded up the Mario cart Rom and tried wifi mode.
    It actually did work for a few minutes, until the connection was gone again. Now, I get no signal at all. Sometimes it'll get 3bars but only for like 1/5 of a second.

How do you get connection? My desktop uses a Belkin Wireless G Plus Desktop Card with unsecured wireless network. Will that be interoperable with my DS? If so, how? With router or usb connector perhaps?(btw what are those?/what do they do?)

Sorry I'm so clueless.. Help pleaze

2. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    If you know how to adjust your routers settings, go into it, and change your broadcast channel to something like 4 or 11 (if it is 11, change it to 4 or 1)

Sometimes there is some interference from cell phones, cordless phones, microwaves, satellites, and anything else that gives off a signal.

In the connection test, does it connect properly?

How far are you from your router when your trying to connect? Remember, the DS only has a 30 foot range, good rule of thumb, for every wall/floor/ceiling your going thru, take 3 feet off the range. So if your a floor above your router, and 3 rooms away, you'll only get about 20 feet. No, this isn't hard fact, but a good rule of thumb...

3. Kumo
    OP

Newcomer Kumo Newbie

United States
    Thanks, but I don't have a wireless router jsut yet. Those things work with wireless desktop cards, right? So where can I get one for real cheap(and works well)?

4. Kumo
    OP

Newcomer Kumo Newbie

United States
  5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    nds only works on 802.11b (or b/g mode in most cases). if your router is 'g' only you can't use it.

-another world.