Gaming How to get WarioWare DIY .sav off cart.

The T

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ya'll. So I would like to get a .sav off my WarioWare DIY cart so I can put MIO files on it.

TWLSaveTool states it specifically does not work.

When I use Checkpoint, I get a 943 MB file, much larger than the 16 MB it's supposedly supposed to be, or the 32 MB that DIY Editor expects. (EDIT: Found out I should be going to 3ds\Checkpoint\saves\UORE DSMIO, but that file is... only 512 bytes, so still wrong???)

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by The T,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Warioware DIY is one of very few games that uses NAND memory for saving. (The others are Daigasso! Band Brothers and its sequel. Or maybe just the sequel.)

The only save game manager I've read about that is supposedly capable of handling such things is http://3dbrew.org/wiki/DSaveManager , as per this thread . Unfortunately it uses wifi and I think I had trouble getting it to work when I tried it.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While that sounds awful, I'd be willing to give it a shot, except: the Download link doesn't work!
Well, that's terrible. I'm just going to put this here in the interests of preservation.

Unfortunately the readme says "Only use the restore function with 3DS games!" which sounds rather ominous.

Attachments

• DSMv0.2-cred.rar
    566.8 KB · Views: 225
Last edited by Kwyjor,

The T

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's terrible. I'm just going to put this here in the interests of preservation.

(in this mean time, I also found that it is on archive.org, that said:) the instructions on it seem to be incredibly unclear? "1. Setup WFC via a game" what does that even mean.

Is there really no other way to access the save files? Why do so many .mio files exist if people are having this much trouble with it?

Edit: Beginning to think the easiest solution might be, to get a DIY Showcase save file, add the MIOs to that, and then send them from Showcase back to my DS....

Last edited by The T,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"1. Setup WFC via a game" what does that even mean.
It means start a game that uses WFC, and set up the Internet connection, presumably. On a 3DS you can just access the DS Internet Settings directly, but there was no such option on the DS.

Why do so many .mio files exist if people are having this much trouble with it?
Good question. I assume most people are just using the .mio files with an emulator or with a flashcart. (Up-to-date flashcart firmware has no particular difficulty handling NAND saves.)

The T

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, I finally understand what the instructions mean, and I am making progress, but...

1. Setup WFC via a game
(ie: have your 3DS's DS mode able to connect to the same wifi access point as your computer. Got it.)
2. Change the IP in the dsm.ini to that of the PC running the DSM.exe
(Leave a newline at the end of the IP)
(Did this: changed it to solely have the local IP of my PC)
2b. DLDI patch if necessary
(No idea what on Earth this means)
3. Load the DSM.nds on your DS/DSLite, any method should work fine.
(Loaded it into TwiLight Menu++)
4. Follow the onscreen instructions!
(It still attempts to connect to the default value, 192.168.1.101, rather than the value I put in dsm.ini. Now what??)

EDIT: Just changed my local IP to that instead, finally got it to "work", but... then it just says "No card or save present."

So I don't know what else I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by The T,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then I guess you'll have to get one. (Almost any old flashcart will do if you have CFW installed.) Or you can wait and see if there are radical new developments in TWiLight Menu or in 3DS save game managers. Or maybe someone else will reply here with a better idea – I'd certainly like to hear about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.