TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
While idling in IRC, I was approached by an individual, named _RAW_, who bought a Super Pass 2 and an M3 Mini-SD. Both were purchased from http://www.tampabaymods.com which is where I too got my M3 Mini-SD. The owner of the store, mastag18, sent _RAW_ to me, since he is much more versed in the ways of Supercard as I am with M3. Mind you, I didn't have a freaking clue on how to get the 2 devices to coincide. So, after an hour of experimentation, _RAW_ was finally able to get the two devices working in unison.

Borrowing from the guide from GBATemp's review, let's start, in case people don't know how, with setting up the Super Pass 2:

1. Plug your programmer into both the LPT port and USB port on the back of your computer.
2. Push the switch on the side of your Super Pass down towards the middle.
3. Put the Super Pass into the programmer.
4. Run the Super Pass software.
5. Choose the code that corresponds to the real DS game you are going to be using.
6. Hit the Program button and if your Super Pass is properly installed, it will be flashed within a few seconds.
7. If the error window pops up, make sure that all your stuff is connected properly. Some computers need to be tweaked in order for the programmer to be recognized.
8. Once you do get your Super Pass properly flashed, move the switch back up and put the real DS game into the Super Pass.

Set the Super Pass 2 aside for a bit. Next, let's get the M3 ready. Have your SD card in your reader beforehand:

1. Copy the .gba file corresponding to whichever DS card you programmed the Super Pass 2 with from the Super Pass folder (the folder that you installed the Super Pass software into) directly onto your SD card's root directory.
2. Insert your SD card into your M3, place into your DS and boot up.
3. From the M3 GBA Menu, choose "Games" then run the .gba file as you would any game. You should see a "SRAM Written" message. When you do, turn off your DS and back on again.
4. Let the M3 save the file, and when you reach the M3 GBA Menu, turn off the DS, then remove the SD card and reinsert into your PC's reader.
5. Using M3's Game Manager, double click the .gba file on the SD card to bring up the Save Menu.
6. Choose "Write" and select the .sav file corresponding to whichever DS card you programmed the Super Pass 2 with from the Super Pass folder.
7. Close M3 Game Manager.
8. Copy the corresponding .dat file in your SD card's /GBASAVE/ dir and paste it in the root directory.
9. Rename the .dat "sram.dat". Delete the Super Pass 2 .gba file and its save file if you wish.
10. Reinsert the SD into the M3, place the M3 and the Superpass 2 with the corresponding game card into your DS, and boot up.

Now, you should be able to play any games and homebrew applications as well as begin the flashing process using the M3 and Super Pass 2 together.

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
With the recent release of DS Lite and the upcoming G6 Lite, several individuals have asked me how to get a G6 working with Super Pass 2. Unfortunately, I do not have my G6 Lite with me nor am familiar with the software at this time. I am not labeling this as impossible. It all depends, if G6's software allows you to write stored saves onto existing ones already written on the card. The only other option I can give is to find a current M3 owner who can perform the second set of instructions and create an sram.dat for you based on which game you programmed your Super Pass 2 to work with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real